QLD AUSZCAR Christmas party

be-zed

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Sushi's place is great, it can't rain twice can it!!!

If you want another place to consider I'll throw my place into the mix also. Only I'm not so central in Oxenford which is more or less on the Gold Coast. Just an idea, we could also meet at a park with barbies, and bring a plate, or a case!

Will make it clear though, I don't mind either way, will come along whatever way it's done  :)

What date are we thinking...

I was going to offer my shed this year, but it has just been too busy a year. Got lots happening between now and christmas, should be able to make it if the dates line up, but probably wont be able to host it. Unless someone twists my arm.

What about the Zed car club of Qld, host the xmas party, just keep it a social event, bit of info sharing, maybe some of the membets of zccq can organize this quickly!

I'm no longer involved, but the lafs do intend holding more social type gettogethets, this would be petfect!

JK_zeder for sure, if the chrissy party doesn't take off I'll catch up for sure, not too many Z's down here, except de3oy of course  ;)

I'd be in, but I'm playing cricket most Saturdays (except Christmas and New Years), so it'd have to be a Sunday for me to be able to come. And my car won't be ready :(

Me too. d3c0y is down here somewhere too I think - we could almost have our own Gold Coast meet!

Sorry for the derail.. but we could have a BBQ as were close enough to each other. Happy to have it at mine (right by the Lost City) as our car is not legally allowed on the road :P

What about the Zed car club of Qld, host the xmas party, just keep it a social event, bit of info sharing, maybe some of the membets of zccq can organize this quickly!

I'm no longer involved, but the lafs do intend holding more social type gettogethets, this would be petfect!

I didn't get to get up for AGM, who's the Social whore now that Gollys El Presidente?

-James

Sounds like there will enough interest in having a Christmas party. Sunday may be the day of choice and there are three in December excluding Christmas day. So I will throw my hat in to host as well . I am at Waterford near Beenleigh. We could meet near Dream World  for a cruise over MT Tambourine down to Beaudesert and up to Jimboomba. Stop for a short spell to see the 260Z that holds the land speed record for its class in Australia and a F100 that will do almost 300kph. Then back to Waterford for a BBQ. The boys from the Z club QLD who are part of this forum will find out about this anyway. They don't hold Christmas parties and some of their members will want to come along.

I am one of them   

Sounds like there will enough interest in having a Christmas party. Sunday may be the day of choice and there are three in December excluding Christmas day. So I will throw my hat in to host as well . I am at Waterford near Beenleigh. We could meet near Dream World  for a cruise over MT Tambourine down to Beaudesert and up to Jimboomba. Stop for a short spell to see the 260Z that holds the land speed record for its class in Australia and a F100 that will do almost 300kph. Then back to Waterford for a BBQ. The boys from the Z club QLD who are part of this forum will find out about this anyway. They don't hold Christmas parties and some of their members will want to come along.

I am one of them 

Hey mate, we will have to meet up. I am just over the river from you.

Peter I am between Canterbury College and Fitzy`s off the Waterford -Tambourine road .

I feel we should leave the final decision on what we do and who's place its at up to Steve and Sean (no pressure). They have been good at it over the pass couple years. But I will need to let Bridgey know if we are going to have a look at the salt car. He is also a forum member . Perhas a personal e-mail to all QLD members on this event.   

Haha i was just about to post and say that we have a lot of people offering up their pad which is fantastic but no one really committing to one idea or another! Personally I think your day sounds awesome Be-zed but Steve or I are not the Gaddafi's of the Qld members (luckily for us) so it really is open to anyone and popular demand. Perhaps everyone who is serious about having it at their place, msg me the details Ie what days you would be available, where your place/venue is and what you have on offer and once I have a list of all of the venues/ideas we could do a survey/vote thingy and we go with whatever has the most votes?

We should really get the ball rolling on this as there are not many weekends left before Christmas. If it all gets too hard we could always do a January meet too :)

So looks like we have 3 options:

I'm sure a pre or post drive is an option for all locations :)

1. Peter-T's place out at Loganholme - From memory there is a pool table and the possibility of some quality meats. Plenty of space in the yard too.

2. Be-Zed's place at Waterford - meet near Dream World, cruise over MT Tambourine, down to Beaudesert and up to Jimboomba. Stop to see the 260Z that holds the land speed record, then back to Waterford for a BBQ.

3. Taylor's place at Redland Bay - lots of space and possibly a drive around Mt Cotton (Taylor didn't msg me but he did offer in the thread)

It seems like Sunday will be the best bet for most people, so maybe post what sundays you are avilable (Nov: 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th, Dec: 4th, 11th, 18th) with your vote on location.

I thought we had the ability to do a survey but I can't seem to find at atm. Maybe be-zed has to do it being the original poster?