2011 Datsun Day & the Prospect Hotel NSW. November 6

fveten

DatsunDay_2011finalflyer.jpg

Come along to the 2nd annual Datsun Day. To be held at the Prospect Hotel. 3 Great western Hwy, Prospect. Just off the M4. (Syd)

Bring all your Parts and Datsun related items to swap or sell, or just come for a bargin. Shine from 9am, with our Annual show & shine , with trophies to be given away. Last year had over 120 Datsuns.

Monster raffle with 2x DAIKIN Split system Airconditioners, to be given away on the day, along with loads of Datsun related parts and accessories.

Gates Open from 9am. $10 entry per car spot.  BBQ & bistro meals, entertainment for the kids, Datsun Day T-shirts, stubby holders and plenty of ice cold beer available on tap all day ..

For all enquires - www.datsun-day.com

Here are the show n shine catagories for 2011 !!

Stock - original type car. restored or not.

Modified - original type engine ( ie L16 or L20b in a 1600, A15 in a 120Y) but modified with twin carbs, turbo, inj etc

Custom - all out mods, (SR into a 1600 or VG30 into a 120Y , Rb into a 240z etc )

Datsun of the Day

Top Paint

Top trim

Best Engine bay

Most engineered ( Extreme mods )

Top SR powered

Top FJ

Top CA

Top L series

Top A series

120Y stock/mod, custom

1200 – stock, mod ,custom

1600 – stock, mod , custom

B’s - (180 & 200b) stock, custom

Stanza / Sunny - std/mod , custom

Z – stock , mod , custom

Fairlady – stock, custom

Top Ute -

Pre 70’s

Post 70 – 80.

Pre 85 (bluebirds, DR30’s HR31’s)

Top Nissan

Race car

Rally Car

Bowling club award ,

JDM award

Best restored

Built not bought

Trailer Queen

Daily Driver

Just turn up on the day.

Guy's, this is a must go event - based on last years big day out, the range of cars, bargains and the number of interested and interesting people made for a great day. Zeds to 1600's and everything inbetween in original or modified, they were all there!

Paulo

:)

I swung by last year and it was great! It was awesome to see Kev's Hakosuka in the metal too. So much inspiration in that car for me.

I was hoping to enter in this, in both my shabby little bus and the GF's 4G63 Twin Cam Galant but we'll be in Japan that weekend  :-\

We're going to miss All Japan Day too  :-[

• 2 weeks later...

I was a bit disappointed when I missed the last one (must have been overseas at the time).

Looking forward to this year's event on Sunday - unfortunately the 240 wont make it this year (not even a rolling chassis at present) so will have to make the trip in the everyday car.

Wildy what time are you going? Would be interested in coming for a ride out there if you have a space available. I am in Willoughby so should be on the way. Either that or Sydney Mike are you likely to be coming this way before you head out? Cheers. :)

Yeah I should be there too, looks like a good event.

TheZFeel, what's the story with the swap meet you talk of at Silverwater? I wouldn't mind checking that out too. Can you post times and location please.

Cheers

Mick

Unfortunately had alot of work past few days including Saturday and had a party to go to last night and barbeque today plus i got no car so i wont make it to either the swap meet or the datsun day, sorry for the late reply cozza the swap meet is mainly for fords, i just wanted to go because i have never been to a swap meet before and i wanted to see what they are like.  http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/event_calendar.php?event=Silverwater-Swap-Meet- 2nd on the list, Silverwater Park, Clyde St., Silverwater 6 November, 2011 closes 2 pm (bit late to notify you now i think)

I was so looking forward to seeing some Zed's, hopefully i can make it to all Japan day if i can get my parents car  :-\

It was an awesome day out , with over 150 datsuns that very well represented.. :D

Thought there would have been a few more Z's..but the ones there were very tidy.

Datsun Day is seperate to the jap show  in every way, i can assure you.

Yes it was an awesome day out. Congrats to the organisers SDC on a well run event. It was great to meet new member DTF260 (Daryl) and catch up with FLEXZED (Loui), BENZED  as well as the owners of other Datsuns which have become familiar faces.

Have to agree with fveten that I thought I would have bumped into more members than I did. Perhaps I wasn't near my Zed when you guys came through. Did manage to pick up a trophy representing AusZcar, Top stock Zed. Special thanks to Aaron (specialp3) I wouldn't have won anything had you turned up ;D

IMG_3096.JPG

IMG_3091.JPG

IMG_3092.JPG

IMG_3094.JPG

IMG_3105.JPG

IMG_3090.JPG

IMG_3104.JPG

IMG_3103.JPG

IMG_3102.JPG

trophy%7E0.JPG

:)Great photo's, and was good to meet some of you guy's - I was the one flogging Zed and 1600 stuff out of the boot of the Camry. This years event was bigger, and certainly a great cross section of Datsuns.