Ian's '72 240z

Yeah, I'm going to go with the Ford dash green on the previous page. I'm organising quotes at the moment, but it's not the best time of the year to get things done...

Nice colour, but Toxic of the BA would stand out a little more......

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the RB is about to go in (pictures to come).

I was doing up the clutch bolts today, had just finished the last one, and the torque wrench slipped off the bolt, and the handle came up and hit me in the mouth. I've got a tooth sized hole under my bottom lip (the tooth came all the way through - luckily no tooth damage).

The lesson - don't hit yourself in the head with a 2 foot long steel bar :-[

Ouch, that would hurt!! 

I cracked my tooth recently on the zed, sitting in the hatch area went to stand up smacked my head on the hatch as I flinched down smashed my tooth on my fresh paint on the quarter panel, ahh the joys of working on your car!

Well, after much straining and swearing, it's in. I have the best wife, she was out helping me for about 3.5 hours today.

Nathan's (nat0_240_chevZ) engine and gearbox mounts put the engine in a pretty good spot, low and back near the firewall. There's plenty of clearance between the 200ZR sump and the engine crossmember. I just had to massage and oil drain line, and drill new holes for the alignment pins on the VL rubber isolators.

I did scratch the paint on the firewall a bit though, so that'll need to be patched up or re-done.

post-1454-144023713903_thumb.jpg

post-1454-144023713911_thumb.jpg

post-1454-144023713917_thumb.jpg

post-1454-144023713923_thumb.jpg

Good stuff mate, itll be worth it trust me. RB z's are great. How low does the sump sit? When I did my swap it was so low i had tp revolume and cut the sump to raise it.....

• 6 years later...

Wow it's been a long time with nothing done to this :( Life goes in other directions I guess - kids, running a small business, etc.

I'm probably looking to sell this so someone can enjoy it - what's it likely to be worth? Relatively rust-free (see https://www.viczcar.com/forums/topic/6158-bennys-72-240z/ for a bit more history), mostly complete, still in primer and not running?