EOI Arizona Z Group Purchase

Sirpent

Hi all,

Now that I'm back in the game, there is a lot planned, and one thing I need to give some attention is the suspension as I want to get the car back on all 4 paws by years end or there abouts.

So I spoke to Dave at Arizona and indicated there may be interest in a group buy of some of his gear, he emailed back saying I should try to see what numbers were out there and he would see what he could do price wise.

So, the attachment shows what I am personally interested in, if anyone else has been considering upgrading and would be interested in getting some pricing, please put down your expression of interest and list the items as shown here or additional gear as on Dave's site and we will see what kind of tally we come up with.

Prices shown are Dave's retail price per item not set.

Cheers

John

post-1356-144023645934_thumb.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True

But it comes down to individual invoices and what is declared as the price per invoice, just because they are coming in as a single shipment shouldnt matter as long as the paperwork indicates seperate purchases, thats my take on it unless someone else can elaborate.

Believe it or not I was looking at this stuff (import duties and taxes) just yesterday. I think to avoid import duty and GST, it would need to be separate packages addressed to different people:

If a parcel, i.e. one consignment addressed to you contains goods or other packages that were imported for other people (such as your friends or relatives) and the parcel has a declared or assessed value exceeding A$1000 you will need to lodge an import declaration and pay the duty, taxes and charges.  Customs law does not permit a parcel to be split or broken down into separate packages for assessment, even if those other packages were imported for other people.
- http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp#MultiplePackages

Although you wouldn’t get as much of a discount for ‘bulk’ purchasing (like Group Buying), maybe Dave from Arizona Z Car would be interested in offering a discount of some description to AusZCar forum members??  Say based on a list of AusZCar forum User IDs and Actual Names from Gavin or something???  Or by purchasers sending Dave from Arizona Z Car a link to their profile on AusZCar?  Or any other method Dave may be interested in to verify AusZCar members...

Just a thought.

Thanks Bob.Y.U.

Learn something new every day, so then it would be multiple packages, key here is to see what he can do based on volume.

Dazda

I contacted him purely on the basis of a confirmed qty, I guess it would be up to admin to try and nut out anything else which would be of an adhoc member by member nature

Cheers

John

Just so as to keep track of the numbers I will update this table in the thread as we move along.

PLEASE NOTE !

If I have added you its because you have made a direct comment in the thread indicating interest, it does not mean you are committing, this just makes it easier to keep tabs on potential numbers.

If there are other parts you are looking at getting from Arizona which are not on the table, please advise and I will add them and their associated pics.

Cheers

John

post-1356-144023646034_thumb.jpg

Hi Linton

If its not through Arizona Z then it wouldn't work as these items are all directly from the one supplier, thanks anyway Buddy.

Cheers

John

Im keen on daves brake kit front and rear if that depending of freight costs

Hi Mick,

I have been looking at these also. below is the response from dave regarding shipping.

Hi John,

The rear parking calipers are not available yet but the rest of the kits are in stock.

It's been a really good product.

Airmail on a front kit is $185, Front and rear kits ship for $320 / set

Dave

hope this helps

John

Updated

And considering the cost of freight on their own as pointed out by Johnboy, packaging all these sets up together will cost a hell of a lot less.

Cheers

John

post-1356-144023646072_thumb.jpg

That price dont sound too bad for freight been looking at them for ages So hopefully group buy might improve costs a little more

I did buy most of daves catalog of 240z bits a few years back just couldnt find the dollars to pay for brake kit been very happy with his gear

mick

Just to give some thought with regard to this and the applicable duties.

I paid a total of $900 for importing a crate which my motor sat in, it was approx 400 kilo's and measured 1.2m X 1.2M X 1.2M

In other words it worked out to about $2.25 a kilogram.

Now their is no import duty on US manufactured goods due to the Free Trade Agreement of 2009/10 however 10% GST applies.

So lets "Hypothetically" assume that Dave declares the total consignment price as being $2000.00 Australian and completes the form verifying that all the parts were manufactured in the USA, the applicable GST would be $200 for the lot.

So considering the size of my crate and the volume and weight, lets say there was 15 sets of gear in there, I would propose the following

Freight $900 divided by 15 equals $60.00 each

GST of $200 divided by 15 equals $13.33 each

Add individual value of ordered parts

For $73.00 odd each I think this would be a hell of a lot more economical than $320 per set  as mentioned by Johnboy through his inquiry.

Just food for thought.

I'm not trying to be negative, but aren't there other fees and charges, besides GST and Import Duty??  BS like Customs Check fee, Port Landing fee, 'Some government department trying to make money' fee, etc.

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp#Calculating

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/import/general-info/fees-charges-import/import-clearance

OK using the Customs formula on the link you provided then

Customs value  $2000.00

Customs duty (Duty) Not applicable as these are US produced

International transport and insurance or postage $900

Value of the Taxable Importation (VoTI) (Cval+Duty+T&I) = $2000 + $900 = $2900

Goods and Services Tax (GST) @ 10% of the VoTI = $2900 x 10% = $290

Total payable Duty + GST = $290.00

Shipping = $900

Goods = 2000

Duties + GST = $290

Total cost shipping + Duties = $1190.00

Divided by 15 sets = $1190 / 15 = $79.33

I forgot that GST is payable on the shipping value also so $6.00 more per head

If the parts are packaged in a way that the container they are in does not have to be treated i.e. Timber, Quarantine services cant bug you with any charges, Customs also are there just to collect the duties and GST

The self-assessed clearance (SAC) declaration which has to be lodged with Customs and Border Protection is done by the shipping agent as part of the shipping fee, I can speak to my agent who brought in my motor and get a quote to verify all these figures based on a 1m X 1M X 1M plastic shipping container if we decide to move forward.

Cheers

John