55 replies to this topic

#21 benny

benny

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

but its his car he can do what he likes!! some will say l-series are lame and you should put a v8 in... each to there own!! I don think calling him a moron is going to help anything!!

#22 Sirpent

Sirpent

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • Tagline:John.O.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

Ben

I have to disagree, sorry mate, I don't think anyone went out of their way nor purposefully to have a go at the idea, rather just stated the plain obvious, a 253 is an anchor plain and simple, and spending dollars on it would have been a waste of time even if Z8253 only wanted it as a burn out car, which then begs the question, why do it to a Zed ?

Apart from Pete and Jamo, both with repeatable performance pedigree, (Sorry if I missed anyone else) yes we are all back yard mechanics, but passionate ones and I don't think any of us deserve to be called

SMART ARSES WITH BIG HEADS THINKING THERE KING DIKS!

You post at your own peril, if you don't like the responses, then "Theres your coat, theres your hat and theres the door"

#23 benny

benny

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

What im getting at is from the get go people could have been more gracious that includes EVERYONE that had something negative to say about his idea!! This forum used to embrace new people and ideas and im not surprised when people come back with responses like that!!

#24 Scoota G

Scoota G

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Tagline:Mark

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

I wouldn't say Everyone shot him down. I took the time to locate the link with the only one on here that i knew had a holden V8 fitted.

Took me about 1/2 hr to find and i suggest he contact the member. I'm +1 for the conversion, go for it. As for the language well that's up to the individual if they want to come across like that. Doesn't really help anyone and isn't that what this forum is all about?

#25 benny

benny

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

sorry scoot i meant anyone that had something negative to say!! Hopefully he appreciates the link you sent through!!

#26 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

Probably gone for ever from here, but if not, ditch the gm253 idea, a mate up here has a BL all alloy 4.4 v8 complete ready to go, just come out of a very rusty body 260, so it has the modded sump and all mounts ready for your project, chasin around $1000 plus freight to ypu in Adelaide.

#27 zzzzed

zzzzed

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

well I guess some people just cant take constructive criticism.. I probably would have been grateful that some one was warning me i was about to take a backwards step. Even if he did find it a rather amusing prospect.
A stock l28 isnt going to cost $5000.. more like $400 for a good runner that will bolt right in.. Personaly i would sell the 253 and use the money to buy an l28. but if you are after the v8 noise just go the 253. but be warned they are more noise than go

#28 benny

benny

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

talking about a fresh L28 because that is what was being compared too!! Anyway not trying to cause problems here but just chucking in my 2c worth!!

#29 RB30X

RB30X

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

THE CAR CAN NOT BE REGESTED IT IS GOING TO BE A BURNOUT CAR AND I DONT HAVE $$$$ LIKE YOU GUYS TO SPEND ON MY CAR!!!

This is fantastic info which 'if included' in your first post would have changed most, if not all of our responses.

Good luck.

#30 madz

madz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:22 PM

Trollolol  ;D ;D ;D

#31 Sirpent

Sirpent

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

This is fantastic info which 'if included' in your first post would have changed most, if not all of our responses.

Good luck.

A most elequent observation for your 1500th post, well said.

"Where is that Karma button when you need it"

#32 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

IF and it is a big IF, we had a section on here titled "Pool Room" ie as in the movie The Castle, this thread would qualify for inclusion., and be honoured in post-erity! Roflmao a lot!

How'bout it!!!

#33 peter mc

peter mc

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

well mmm i am sorry for the comment i don't normally stop and say things like that so sorry for that i am a better person than that and i have retracted the moron comment .... people that know me no i will go out of my way to help with no thort to my  cost, i don't say things to look or feel good i help people because it the right thing to do so .... sorry if i offended you  peter MC

#34 Z8253

Z8253

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

thanks 4 the info link and the other guys that stuck up for me!
the rest of u are up urselfs with to much $$$ and i should have to explane the ins and outs bout my car to u guys should just be nice and not negative!
maby u negative faggets should by me a 3 or $4000 motor if not well shut ur mouths

#35 tir33d

tir33d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

You only get what YOU pay for. Me, I started with a $1900 280zx. As the bug kicked in I found money to build my car - its not registered and never will be, but now owes me probably $30k. Shit theres $10k in brakes and oil system alone. Am I rich? HELL NO!
I am now 39 years old and its only in the last 5 years that I have been able to afford to indulge my car passion.
As someone previously said, do your engineering and have fun with your 253. If or when you blow it up replace with a 308 and if you can find a cheap one get a 355 stroker (a friend just got one for $800).
The reason everyone had a shot is they were trying to guide you to get the best bang for your buck. Often the easy bit is the motor, the other bits add up and if you have to do it twice it costs you twice.
Remember you still have to do your gearbox mount, figure out a clutch and master cylinder, engineer a tailshaft, a loop for your shaft, extractors and exhaust etc etc.
Personally I don't really do burnout cars although my track toy would be outstanding at the job. The reason everyone we having a shot is that it will get more expensive than you plan so a L28 with less engineering is an easy option, easy power is from a LS1 (my track toy was a $1000 motor witha cam and springs and was at 400hp atw before I blew it up).
On another manners note, there really is some nice people here with a abundance of info. Some have bigger budgets than us all, others do all their own work over time. The old 253 boat anchor bit got you going I can see, but don't let a bit of stirring get to you.
Oh and my track toy runs a CIG locker (welded up R200 diff). Good cheap way of doing it if your still going ahead. Mines lasted 1.5 years with regular oil changes.

#36 Sirpent

Sirpent

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

Nancy boys,

Yup, I'm a Nancy boy, who's worked hard and has done it hard all my life for what I have, and "Mary" you don't know how hard so when you go off flapping your mouth like you just have after one of the most respected guys on this forum reached out with an apology, you don't have any street cred what so ever any longer, so why don't you get your non registered heap running with that boat anchor you have and drive down here from whatever truck stop you inhabit between here and Perth and meet some of us Nancy boys.

If you want to destroy a Zed by turning it into a burn out wagon, well I doubt you will find anyone here who will support your cause, do everyone a favour and let it find a new home the go out an buy yourself a bogan Gemini and drop the anchor into it, should be a lot more fun and keep you within your budget.

#37 benny

benny

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

thanks 4 the info link and the other guys that stuck up for me!
the rest of u are up urselfs with to much $$$ and i should have to explane the ins and outs bout my car to u guys should just be nice and not negative!
maby u negative nancy boygets should by me a 3 or $4000 motor if not well shut ur mouths

you have lost any respect i had for you now!! people apologised for remarks and your still going!! good luck with your project!!

#38 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

Let the dude do as he pleases.
He asked the question.
Didn't like the answer.
Will do whatever he wants.
Everyone can just get over it.

To the original poster. (I haven't even bothered to learn your username)
Just don't ask anymore questions.
Clearly we don't know WTF we're talking about.  ::)

Coming from the richest man you'll never know!

#39 zzzzed

zzzzed

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

Let the dude do as he pleases.
He asked the question.
Didn't like the answer.
Will do whatever he wants.
Everyone can just get over it.

To the original poster. (I haven't even bothered to learn your username)
Just don't ask anymore questions.
Clearly we don't know WTF we're talking about.  ::)

Coming from the richest man you'll never know!

lols ;D

#40 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,389 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:06 AM

Obviously swapping in a tired old v8 is false economy and having to engineer it is a waste of time when you can put an L28 in for much less and find bolt on mods i.e extractors, carbs, electronic ignition etc.. which will probably produce more power and less headaches.

THE CAR CAN NOT BE REGESTED IT IS GOING TO BE A BURNOUT CAR AND I DONT HAVE $$$$ LIKE YOU GUYS TO SPEND ON MY CAR!!!
JUST ASKING FOR ADVISE NOT SMART ARSES WITH BIG HEADS THINKING THERE KING DIKS!

So you have money to burn literally on destroying tyres, driveshafts, axles etc.. but don't want to spend a few dollars on a good motor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users