Sizes for aftermarket gauges?

chartoo

Hello. Well i have the zed currently tucked away for a sleep in the shed while im working abroad for a while. Now im living in thailand and i can get my hands on some well priced gauges here however

I'm not sure of what sizes to get?

and

I'm not sure what type of gauge works best eg electric or mechanical etc no idea really

Any help appreciated guys thanks.

5" gauges work well to completely replace the speedo and tach, while 2 5/8" gauges work well in the trio. a 2 1/16" gauge fits well into the clock cup, when the clock itself is removed, but the ring is left in place.

The drawback to this usually is that you need to find a place for at least one gauge, if you want to replace all of the existing gauges with single units, and lose the clock. You will also have to find a way to have indicator, for signals, high beam and brake somewhere.

I did this for a while, with all Autometer gauges. I'm slowly going back to a more stock configuration as I swap out the Autometers for something else.

4" gauges seem to work well to replace the guts of the speedo and tach.

There are some dual gauges out there, like those from Spa technique, but I don't really care for the look. You can find analog dual gauges that are intended for airplanes as well, that may work for you.

Great stuff guys so now i know the sizes.

Im assuming all replacement speedos the zed cable will fit yes?

The zed has standard electronic gauges yes? So just replace with electrical ones i like the look of with the right size yeah?

Now just to decide black or white backgrounds

Thanks

post-515-14402364519_thumb.jpg

post-515-144023645196_thumb.jpg

post-515-144023645201_thumb.jpg