27 replies to this topic

#21 zeds4ever

zeds4ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Tagline:Old Member

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

;) When I installed my Elctrnc dissy in my motor I dscnctd the two wires that were cnctd to the resistor unit that was situated underneath the coil & joined them together. I then cnctd a wire from the "+" Trmnl on the dissy to the Module on the dissy marked "B". from the other trmnl on the module marked "C" I cnctd a wire which I then terminated on the "-" side of the coil. Might point out that I also fitted a stronger coil.The Tacho was the original three wire unit that was fitted in car. A 76/ 260Z S30, everything works fine. Hope this helps if you haven't already resolved the problem. By the way sometime back I posted a method for testing a Tacho out of the vehicle.

Regards: Alan.  :D

#22 Ducer

Ducer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Im still having a hard time figuring how to make mine work.....

I have an early 74' 260z and I've upgraded to the ZX (E12-80) dizzy. The car runs superb. But I've tried to get the tack working with absolutely no luck.

My tach: 3 Wires:  Black (ground), Green,Red/black (Bullet connector)
            Other wires for bulbs:  Red/blue, Green/Red, Green/White, Green/Black

Unused: 2 wires from 260z dizzy:  Green/red, Green/white

Coil +: Black/White and Black/Blue (which goes to ignition switch)
Coil - : Goes to C on (e12-80) 
12V ignition to: B of (e12-80) as well as to Black/white to Coil +

Blue wire:  (most likely the negative trigger?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After reviewing the FSM, I see that :
*GREEN from the tach is jumped and connects to Black/White somewhere in the circuit
*Blue is suppose to go from Coil (-) to tach bullet connector

But my issue is that my tach has (RED/BLACK) bullet connector, WTF???

I've traced all the wires, Green/red, Green/White, Blue, black/white all go into the Transistor

I hear about putting a 2.2k Ohm resistor on the bullet on the tach, as well as get an "AMP" which came on the factory coil of the ZX to make it work.

It's getting so complicated as it should be so easy. HELP ME.

#23 zeds4ever

zeds4ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Tagline:Old Member

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

??? When you you disconnected the two wires that were connected to the resistor situated immediately underneath
the coil, did you join these together .As this could be your problem failing that check out the procedure I used for my set up which works A1.

Regards: Alan.  :D

#24 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Tagline:75 260 2+2 RA60 Celica Hatch 74 260

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

mine is the same peter... will be going over it in the next weeks so will let you know if i have any ideas!!

Benny, did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? I didn't and still have the same issues. >:( >:(

#25 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

OK I hooked a spare tacho up as per Alans instructions and Tacho works. Fit it into car and it doesn't work but car runs. Any ideas where to go from here? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

#26 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

Still doesn't work. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( have checked all wiring and had tacho's checked but stick them in {I have Two} and they don't work. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

#27 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:08 PM

Wow after almost four years I have got A tacho working. Only prob is how to calibrate it. I have tried hooking a after market tacho up but that won't work and if I play around with the screw inside the back of mine it will devitate up and down so I need to know what to do to make it accurate. Any Ideas?

#28 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:29 PM

OK got it idling at  around 700 and it will spin to  6/7k not prob. Does this sound right. Feels good  to me being and old school driver. O0 Have a look at this even got the hazards wired up and working.

Edited by peter t, 03 October 2015 - 11:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users