#21 handsandwhich

handsandwhich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Tagline:Huge Member

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:11 AM

Personally, I have gone to and swear by Techo Toy Tuning spherical ball jointed T/C rods, but they really are a race only mod and are excessive on a street car, not to mention likely illegal.

Just on a side note to this. When I last spoke to the Vicroads engineer, he told me that they would not necessarily knock back rose jointed/rod end suspension points, but he would need the technical data and strength test results (if any) before he could pass them for street use.

#22 Riceburner

Riceburner

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

Hey Tom (handsandwhich)  I'll grab that t/c kit if you still got it? Cheers, Gareth.

#23 Johnboy

Johnboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

Just on a side note to this. When I last spoke to the Vicroads engineer, he told me that they would not necessarily knock back rose jointed/rod end suspension points, but he would need the technical data and strength test results (if any) before he could pass them for street use.

Looking at these TC rods also, the following is from TTT.

John

We use the same rod end on all our parts. FK bearing part number RSM10T and RSML10T (right and left versions). They are massive overkill for what we use them for, but we have a lot of off road rally customers, so I design everything to handle absolutely nutty abuse. In 10 years, we've never had a single one of these rod ends fail.

Full Specs here;

http://www.fkrodends.../RSMRSMT17.html

Load Rating: 16,613 lb

Gia & Gabriel Tyler
www.TechnoToyTuning.com

#24 Whittie

Whittie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:14 PM

Well, there you go.

The easiest thing is probably just to not let rego lapse and don't get caught  :-\

John,

I can vouch for the over kill of these rods, they are HUGE. 1" tube for the rod and the mount is made of 1/8" (guessing here) steel. It's not going to fail any time soon, that's for sure! They also weigh a metric tonne tho, a kilo or more each compared to the standard rods. You do neeed to keep an eye on the nuts that hold the rod-end to the body mount, I had one rattle loose and fall off, which was totally my fault for not checking they were tensioned.

TTT make all of their stuff far stronger than it needs to be, it's one of the reasons I have pretty much their entire catalogue installed on my car now, purely ease of mind knowing I'm not going to snap something like I did with the standard t/c rod.

#25 handsandwhich

handsandwhich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Tagline:Huge Member

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

Thanks for posting that info Johnboy. I will ask the gingerbeer about it next time I see him.

T/C kit sold to Gareth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users