#1 ZD44TT

ZD44TT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:07 PM

Hey guys,

does anyone know if they make Tein coilovers for our cars? off the shelf stuff?

Posted Image

Cheers,
William.

#2 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,386 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:11 PM

I don't know of anyone that provides off the shelf stuff for S30's.

There are some people who offer kits which usually involve the ability to upgrade brakes & provide you with coilovers.

What is usually involved is that you need to cut the spring perch off the existing strut and replace it with a tack welded perch for the coil overs.

If your after a kit then I'm sure some people on the forums will have various contacts who can look after you. It's generally a custom job though so not really an off the shelf product.

You may find this sort of thing in Japan however and I've seen various catalogue's that offer this sort of thing. If you really want something like this which would involve $$$ speak to Eiji at www.datsunspirit.com

Cheers

#3 ZD44TT

ZD44TT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:36 PM

I don't know of anyone that provides off the shelf stuff for S30's.

There are some people who offer kits which usually involve the ability to upgrade brakes & provide you with coilovers.

What is usually involved is that you need to cut the spring perch off the existing strut and replace it with a tack welded perch for the coil overs.

If your after a kit then I'm sure some people on the forums will have various contacts who can look after you. It's generally a custom job though so not really an off the shelf product.

You may find this sort of thing in Japan however and I've seen various catalogue's that offer this sort of thing. If you really want something like this which would involve $$$ speak to Eiji at www.datsunspirit.com

Cheers

I've got custom 50mm biltein coilovers and I don't think the damper is high enough for the springs.

I'm after something that has damper adjustability. If i can sell the bilsteins off.

I dunno.......the car seems super balanced when on the limit so maybe I'm just judging it on it's daily attibutes which it really shouldn't be used for anyhow hehehhehe.

#4 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:59 PM

you can get a kit that looks like the one you have pictured though arizona z car, and u can get it with wilwoods attatched :D i think they are koni items shortened and have seperate rebound damper adjustment etc.

i am eventually planning to have toperformance put some coilovers in for me, but after other things first...

#5 sid280

sid280

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:42 PM

Tein are introducing a new product range called the "Tein Specialized" kits, they are basically a build-to-your-spec coilover kit. I havent seen any oldskool Z kits, but they can be made - retail is about $3500 (about) and the kits are EDFC compatible allowing for in car damper adjustment.

In their catalogues, they have a picture of an R30 Skyline GTR coilover kit, and it uses the same stub axle style assembly as the Z/ZX's

http://www.tein.co.j...oducts/spd.html

GOt work to do... more info to come

#6 Mr Camouflage

Mr Camouflage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Tagline:www.wazcars.com

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:09 PM

R30 GTR? :shock:

#7 sid280

sid280

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:26 PM

Oh yer my bad its a C10 GTR...

I found out the kits are more than $3500, I think that was just an estimate quote for the front because through Fulcrum I suspect they will be over $5000, probably cheaper to get them directly from japan - however you would most likely need to send over your front struts as well. catch 22...

#8 mossy

mossy

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:25 PM

I think Aragosta do a coilover shock for the Z, check yahoo auctions Japan.

#9 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:31 PM

It's a long shot I know but could it be at all possible that maybe something off of a Silvia or 180sx might be converted to fit, if not one of them I'm sure there must be something that would be an easy/easier conversion.

edit: the arizona z car ones are US$1600 for the kit which does both front and rear with the Ozzi dollar as strong as it is that makes it A$1850, but I rekn if we tried for a group buy we may get it down much more.

Here is the link  http://www.arizonazcar.com/coil.html

#10 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:38 PM

the arizona z car ones are US$1600 for the kit which does both front and rear with the Ozzi dollar as strong as it is that makes it A$1850, but I rekn if we tried for a group buy we may get it down much more.

Here is the link  http://www.arizonazcar.com/coil.html

our kiwi dollar is at a record high too so I was so tempted that I have ordered a set from Dave aka ArizonaZcar - I should have them here in the next week or two (depend if customs what to take a look see and charge me fees)

#11 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

I wouldn't think that spare parts would carry any duties would they??

Anyway let us know how you go with it as I am very tempted and I rekn there may be a few others that are just sitting in the shadows waiting to pounce LOL

#12 JP

JP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:04 AM

Car parts are taxed like a b*tch.

Worse still if you are stupid enough to pay a customs broker like I did once upon a time.

#13 Dingo Dave

Dingo Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Tagline:I wanna bring to many cars back to life.

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:25 PM

Customs stuck i learnt the hard way about them. I had an engine, gearbox and shafts sent into the country. When they got here they charged me for every item. If you can get them to bolt them together might save you a bit i know it has for me.

#14 fufu

fufu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Tagline:NO NO NO!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:59 PM

Oh since this has been restarted i might add...

Our front struts on the 240z is a similar design as the AE86.

I wish Greddy would release it for the Zeds as they are so similar.

Rears on the other hand are different as the AE86 has a separate design, solo spring and solo dampner design.

Also wondering, does anyone have measurements from top to bottom (height) of the front strut with the coil over setup?

Attached Thumbnails

• 3081_.jpg
  • 3079_.jpg

#15 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

Car parts are taxed like a b*tch.

Worse still if you are stupid enough to pay a customs broker like I did once upon a time.

Whats the best way to get things over in your experience as I am about to bring some things over and would really appreciate the advice.

#16 ol_skl_jp

ol_skl_jp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:28 PM

Whats the best way to get things over in your experience as I am about to bring some things over and would really appreciate the advice.

My old mans a customs broker, he told me anything under 1k you can bring in without any hassles. If its over 1k he told me to tell the seller to put the year and make of the car in the item description, because if i can recall correctly, anything over 30 years old you dont have to pay duty on but you still have to pay gst. Still better than paying both ;D

#17 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Tagline:www.facebook.com/mankiniadventures

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:51 PM

Check this post out.

Tein coil overs can be custom made for auszcar members at a discounted price

http://www.viczcar.c...pic,2672.0.html

#18 Missinglink

Missinglink

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:21 AM

I have just had the Arizona Z coil over kit delivered and was only charged GST because of the age of the car. The kit is absolutely awesome in terms of quality. I also had the strut tops included....as well as the front and rear lca....and the radius rods.....and the brakes....and i really should not look at parts from America anymore.

Anyway, i digress. The parts are to be fitted in a month or so hopefully so i can report back in terms of how they go. The quality of the rest of the gear i absolutely top notch. I have stipped the original struts and cut them up for welding, the same goes for the strut tops on the car.

Cheers

#19 Add

Add

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:22 PM

I have a full set of Fulcrum TEIN coil overs in my 280ZX cost about an arm and a leg and it was worth it, damn awsome. Long story short on a track day with old suspension doesnt last long. Suspension collapsed and gave me an idea of what the car would look like lowered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users