A reminder about forum policy

• Administrators

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately it seems I have to remind the community about our sites terms of usage.

http://www.viczcar.com/terms

Especially point #7

You will not abuse other members, post hatred filled messages or discriminate against other members based on sex, sexuality, race or ethic background, financial position etc..

It seems a small group of members have found a way to circumvent the karma system and continue to send a member(s) negative karma votes.

The thing is I'm not concerned about the negative votes and I think this is less of a concern for those involved, but I am concerned that someone is being picked on by a small sub set of Auszcar members.

Whilst I understand some members may not see eye to eye on all subjects I don't believe this is acceptable behavior.

I would also like to add that looking in our server logs I can see which IP addresses have been voting negatively for this member. I have seen these votes today on the 22nd of August. It doesn't take too much effort to match this IP address to a members recent activity.

I know who some of you are and if I have to look further I'm sure I can find the rest of you also.

I'm somewhat disappointed that I have to even write this post, but I'm hoping this matter can be brought to a swift resolution and this acts as a warning. I don't want to have to give anyone a temporary holiday from the site.

Keep in mind the only person who you are giving a headache to in the end is me, since I have to go looking through server logs, respond to emails / pm's and write posts such as these.

As you can imagine, I'd much rather be working on the car. Speaking of which I'm off to do so.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems a small group of members have found a way to circumvent the karma system and continue to send a member(s) negative karma votes.

Hey Gav,

Its pretty simple... the full karma system is still available in the PM Section. The whole thing was a laugh to begin with. My suggestion would be to reset the total counts and removing the loopholes to only allow "applaud" and not "smite".

Benny

I'm with you Guys .. this is an excellent forum and i'm yet to meet anyone that has not been anything but extremely helpful and generally polite.

Having said that, I have a 4.5yr old and 3yr old (and one due in 3 weeks) and combined they tend to cause less headaches than this Karma issue.

Play nice.

Adam.

Bit lost with this Kama thing, is it like when the 6 year old brings a gold star home for being a good girl at school, and the more Kama points means you have been a good girl at school, If you are going to have a gold star you should keep the bad stars as well,because the 6 year old brings bad stars home as well, other wise  how will they know if they have been bad at school.

First place I have come across with this, just fascinated how it works.

I dont believe the Karma thing is necessary either.

If anything, a trader rating could be benificial. If you buy something from someone here and they are genuine, then you add to their trader rating. Those with a few hits on their name will 'appear' to be genuine fellows and thus their post will have the respect of their peers. You'll never stop dreamers from signing up and posting here, but its the regulars that act like pitbulls and bite in their responses that lets this forum down. If no one responds to them, they'll get the message and leave.

traderrating.jpg

Time to get down and dirty and stand up for my sins.

I have been sitting here the past 2 days and I think it time to get down to the truth behind this and what Gav was eluding too.

First let me say that I was one of those who was hijacking a certain members Karma rating points, in total I believe I hit it down by about 3.

Second, why did I do it?, well because it was pointed out to me that it was still possible, I wont go into who when or how, but I did it of my own accord and not under any duress or pressure.

Third, what convinced me to do so?, simple the members rating was and had been inflated due to as far as can be ascertained a technical glitch when Karma features were revised to eliminate the negative ability to do so, at that stage the members Karma was in the negative double figures and over night it jumped to 168 in the positive.

I have a karma in the seventies, of that score I believe i am only deserving of 10 at the most based on what little assistance I have been able to give members, Id say that the majority of the remaining 60 odd accolades where mates on here pumping it up, I know where and when I have been useful and a PM from members I have helped is all the Karma I need, however a Karma rating that is due to either a technical glitch, or other means and is not representative of that person has given a number of members here the SH*T's for some time now.

It wasn't a case of this collective approach at deducting karma to destroy the persons worth, rather one of bringing it back down to what would be considered parody to forum standards, this is something that the forum management should have considered when the issue was first raised and the member gloated about openly in suprise when the new Karma numbers appeared.

Have I the right to play God in this case? No I don't

Have I fallen from grace? Yes I have but I felt it better to come clean rather than feel like some form of scum hiding in the shadows due to the way this matter was raised.

Should I have my Karma removed or even be banished from this site? I'm happy to abide by any decision.

This is in no way meant to draw out other members who were a party to this action, I simply did this for my own reasons.

John

Time to get down and dirty and stand up for my sins.

I have been sitting here the past 2 days and I think it time to get down to the truth behind this and what Gav was eluding too.

First let me say that I was one of those who was hijacking a certain members Karma rating points, in total I believe I hit it down by about 3.

Second, why did I do it?, well because it was pointed out to me that it was still possible, I wont go into who when or how, but I did it of my own accord and not under any duress or pressure.

Third, what convinced me to do so?, simple the members rating was and had been inflated due to as far as can be ascertained a technical glitch when Karma features were revised to eliminate the negative ability to do so, at that stage the members Karma was in the negative double figures and over night it jumped to 168 in the positive.

I have a karma in the seventies, of that score I believe i am only deserving of 10 at the most based on what little assistance I have been able to give members, Id say that the majority of the remaining 60 odd accolades where mates on here pumping it up, I know where and when I have been useful and a PM from members I have helped is all the Karma I need, however a Karma rating that is due to either a technical glitch, or other means and is not representative of that person has given a number of members here the SH*T's for some time now.

It wasn't a case of this collective approach at deducting karma to destroy the persons worth, rather one of bringing it back down to what would be considered parody to forum standards, this is something that the forum management should have considered when the issue was first raised and the member gloated about openly in suprise when the new Karma numbers appeared.

Have I the right to play God in this case? No I don't

Have I fallen from grace? Yes I have but I felt it better to come clean rather than feel like some form of scum hiding in the shadows due to the way this matter was raised.

Should I have my Karma removed or even be banished from this site? I'm happy to abide by any decision.

This is in no way meant to draw out other members who were a party to this action, I simply did this for my own reasons.

John

+1 i am the other 

gotta say I'm with you Lurch being a new member this kama thing is way to much for me if some body gets flamed its usually for being an ass

as a new member has stated, that the reason we all did it

If gav wants to put me on a temporary holiday it is his choice ( just tell me for how long so i can put my internet on the same holiday and save same money for the zed, as this is the only site i visit ), i do understand Gav, its cool

LOUI

1. Let's get rid of karma. The established members here know each other already, so you just get people +ing or -ing based on what they think of someone, not based on contribution. If you want to use it to help new members work out who to deal with/take seriously, make it so only members with less than, say, 20 posts can + or - to karma (might be useful, new members seem to be getting flamed more often lately...). Of course then would they actually be aware of the feature and use it? Probably not... so just get rid of it.

2. I don't see what everyone's problem with Salty is? He's only been helpful to me...

1. Let's get rid of karma. The established members here know each other already, so you just get people +ing or -ing based on what they think of someone, not based on contribution. If you want to use it to help new members work out who to deal with/take seriously, make it so only members with less than, say, 20 posts can + or - to karma (might be useful, new members seem to be getting flamed more often lately...). Of course then would they actually be aware of the feature and use it? Probably not... so just get rid of it.

1. I don't see what everyone's problem with Salty is? He's only been helpful to me...

I agree with point, uh, 1.

Salty says some crazy sh!te, he gets flamed for it. Then gives as good as he gets anyway. It appears he takes it ok to me?

I don't really care about the Karma thing. Don't look at it really, I use it if someone does a good deed or cracks a good one, thats about it. I'm not a Buddhist anyway.......

Forget about Karma ,

I like to check out the number of people that have viewed some threads that I have started, yep rather self indulgent I know [perhaps  up myself is better ?? ] But I feel that I have contributed positively to this site if other members and visitors have taken the time to enjoy and hopefully get something informative out of my ramblings.

By the way checkout .....race pace cornering[page 5 ] and race pace cornering update [page 1 ], in the 'suspension' section.....8171 viewers can't be wrong

LOL....."don't worry be happy"...By bob marley