#1 DeWit

DeWit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Tagline:Its never fast enough

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

I'm looking at going down the adjustable control are line, Has anyone had any experience with the ones from tecnotoytuning?

I know that Arizona z car do them as well, and look very nice. But the price has defiantly got me thinking ?

Any thoughts or feedback on either setup would be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• 24135_9e2e70039b3643186f680d336436120517b5e53d.jpg
  • 24133_de95ba7751ee53ab38f9675b8510bec36901dd36.jpg

#2 zed240au

zed240au

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

I have arizona z car front arms well built look good but pain to adjust cant understand why they couldnt have made it adjustable on car
Went with modern motorsport rear arms well made easy to adjust wasnt quickest delivery though look very similar to the techno toy ones

mick

#3 Roberto

Roberto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Tagline:No more sunroof's!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:19 AM

I have those adjustable control arms on the rear my car.  I put them in to adjust toe as my right was out a fair bit.  If your toe is ok, then they are not really necessary.  They are built well and at a good price.

They do increase diff noise however because there is a solid joint between the arm and the strut tower.  There website does say it too, but it's not too bad.

#4 zed74

zed74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

Hi
Not keen on technotoys rear A arms - BUT the front lower control arms & caster rods are great!

Several guys up here run them and they are very happy (well price too!) :)

#5 dazzed

dazzed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

Hi
Not keen on technotoys rear A arms - BUT the front lower control arms & caster rods are great!

Several guys up here run them and they are very happy (well price too!) :)

what is it with the rear arms that you are not keen on interested to hear

#6 zed74

zed74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:13 AM

what is it with the rear arms that you are not keen on interested to hear

Hi
Just there construction is not as rigid as other designs.

They have attempted to use some "gussets" - but my opinion is they could be better designed to be stronger with less potential to "flex"

Cross bracing of the A arm is the key to them being "rigid" and mimimising "flex"

If you have followed the development of AZC (Arizona Z Cars) rear A Arms you will note he has "developed" them considerably to address this issue.

Please note this is only "my opinion" :)

#7 redrbzed

redrbzed

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

I have the full set of TTT suspension bits, have had no problems with the rear control arms.
before I purchased the rear control arms I contacted TTT and asked them about the strength of their product and this is the response I got.

"We have tested these on cars up to 700HP and more (many of our customers are from HybridZ and run crazy HP swaps). They've been used in all sorts of racing from the Nurburgring to the 25 Hours of ThunderHill Endurance race (the longest endurance race here in the USA). They have also been run on a Z in the East African Rally.

We've sold over 200 sets of them in the last 2 years, and have had zero failures and zero hint's of problems with them. They will not give you an problems!"

Sinisha

#8 DeWit

DeWit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Tagline:Its never fast enough

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:32 PM

I have the full set of TTT suspension bits, have had no problems with the rear control arms.
before I purchased the rear control arms I contacted TTT and asked them about the strength of their product and this is the response I got.

"We have tested these on cars up to 700HP and more (many of our customers are from HybridZ and run crazy HP swaps). They've been used in all sorts of racing from the Nurburgring to the 25 Hours of ThunderHill Endurance race (the longest endurance race here in the USA). They have also been run on a Z in the East African Rally.

We've sold over 200 sets of them in the last 2 years, and have had zero failures and zero hint's of problems with them. They will not give you an problems!"

Thanks for the feedback guys, on that note im sure i will be going down the TTT road. im not going to be doing a heap of racing anyway. maybe a few track days here and there. There is no doubt that Arizona parts look fantastic, but im the only one who looks under my car so TTT it is

Sinisha

#9 zed74

zed74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

fair call!

Did not know they were "that well tested" :)

Sinisha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users