240z 260z nearly complete panel front end. good solid steel

Laney

Hey boys my names Laney and i been a member of datsun 1200 sites for years now and iv come across a GREAT condition front end for a 240 or 260

I been workin on datsuns for few years and by looking at these panels they will require one days work to be near complete and ready for paint theirs near zero rust work that needs to be done and if the price im offered is a good price ill even rub back and prime myself before picup. .

im open to offers for the set and would like to sell it as a set . .i will seperate for the right price  my contact number is 0402560262 and im located at morisset between Newcastle and Sydney. .

LINK. . . . http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330583867917&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

well hit me with a offer mate and ill think about it as simon hasnt called me to organise anythin yet and im thinking about seperating the parts

nah mate sorry simon id rather keep and try organise to seperate . . but at this stage theirs few people coming to view over the weekend so wont be seperating them for few days if i do thanks . .

and to anyother potential buyers out their my ebay add isnt a buy it now price just to be clear its offers over $500 these are rust free and strait besides one dint in the bonet . . new tiwaneese panels are 300+ . .  i will not let them go for 500. .

nah mate sorry simon id rather keep and try organise to seperate . . but at this stage theirs few people coming to view over the weekend so wont be seperating them for few days if i do thanks . .

and to anyother potential buyers out their my ebay add isnt a buy it now price just to be clear its offers over $500 these are rust free and strait besides one dint in the bonet . . new tiwaneese panels are 300+ . .  i will not let them go for 500. .

I don't consider your eBay classified ad to be "offers over $500"

it does not STATE that at all - suggest you re-list or is it purely a "fishing expedition"? ???

"classified add mate with best offer means i can do what the hell i want so go choke on a fat one bro . ."

Laney

I think this for a person who has just registered is a bit OFF

Members of this forum support each other in attempting to restore a car that has a long passion internationally.

Generally costing more than they can ever recoup

Abuse is considered a low form of communication and the sooner you sell your parts and get off this forum with this approach the quality of reading posts will be enhanced.

Cheers

Phil

• Administrators

classified add mate with best offer means i can do what the hell i want so go choke on a fat one bro . .

I don't know what works on the 1200 Datsun forums but your attitude won't work around here.

I can also delete your fishing thread mate, so don't be a smart arse. As a new member you come on here looking to sell and then turn your nose up at offers. Your eBay ad to me said you'd take $500 but obviously you now think you can get more for them and have changed your mind.

Pretty much what Phil said applies....

Abuse is considered a low form of communication and the sooner you sell your parts and get off this forum with this approach the quality of reading posts will be enhanced.

Cheers

Phil

Good day to you,

Funny how quickly it 'apparently'  sold after he said what he said.

Even funnier is its still up on Ebay 12 hours later...

There should really be a restriction in the classified section for new members to at least have to make 5+ post or something before they can sell, too weed out all the opportunists.

There should really be a restriction in the classified section for new members to at least have to make 5+ post or something before they can sell, too weed out all the opportunists.

::)

That old chestnut?

At the end of the day, if they are as good as the OP says. $500 is a reasonable buy.

Good luck with your 1200 forum mate.

Laney,

as I said on the phone yesterday, I thought your eBay advert was $500 or make a lower offer.  As I think your set is worth the now required $800, I was still prepared to buy them; even though I was somewhat displeased with your business style.  I was pleased that you offered to pallet and wrap them and take them to a shipper in Newcastle; good service I think.

However, if you were in a retail store of any kind and heard the boss tell a customer to "go choke on a fat one bro'", I suggest that you would walk out of the store.  That's what I'm now doing.

I don't say this to preach, but simply to explain my actions.

I imagine that there are few early Zed restorers that are not members, or at least regular readers, of this forum.  So you didn't treat just one potential customer with extreme rudeness, you said it in front of your entire client base.  You might just find that you struggle to sell them to anyone on this forum now.

MaygZ

However, if you were in a retail store of any kind and heard the boss tell a customer to "go choke on a fat one bro'", I suggest that you would walk out of the store.  That's what I'm now doing.

Here here Simon,

Guess a 1200 mentality when dealing with people is exactly half that of a 240 (Read 2400) mentality of working with people.

Yeah let the knives fly, I know, its all good the calluses on my back from previous bouts should help deflect them.

John

For those of you who may be concerned about my welfare and how I'm travelling after this emotional roller-coaster .... sorry I can't even pretend to care.

I have had some EXCELLENT service from young Dimitri (you all know Dimitri - he knows the difference between their, there and they're) and now have the panels that I required.

MaygZ