All Japanese Day 19th June 2011

24 Dat

Hi All,

THIS SUNDAY THE 19TH OF JUNE

The Premier All Japanese Day is on again on the 19th of June 2011, it will be the biggest dispay day yet, Last February's All Classic Japanese Day had over 200 cars displayed on the day (mostly pre 1985 cars) in over 35 degree heat. This years All Japanese Day will see over 350 Japanese Cars from all years and manufactures there on the day,

This is the premier Japanese Car display day in Queensland, if not Australia or the southern hemisphere. and way bigger than the one held in September  The ZCCQ will be there in force and we will have our Gazebo up,

I know the organiser well and i can arrange for an area big enough for us to have a great display of Zeds if you let me know so Please  PM me and let me know your coming along by the 15th of June

***** :) FREE ENTRY FOR SPECTATORS AND DISPLAY CARS :) *****

Earnshaw State College Earnshaw Road Banyo

Display car entry from 7.30am spectators from 9.00am Gold coin donation on entry appreciated.

The usual trade displays and Food and Drink stalls and the all important good mobile coffee vendor  ;)

The police were there in (hidden force) at the Feb show and nailed a few idiots behaving badly.

Also no responsibility of any damage, death , injury or anything whatsoever to any person property or thing whatsoever by persons travelling to , from or at the event is taken by me or the ZCCQ

Cheers

Dave

post-3173-144023630664_thumb.jpg

Guys, this is just a quick bump to make sure you put this event in your diary. It is always a great day worth attending. It is truely there to serve us enthusiasts and doesn't aim to fill anyone's back pocket. For these reasons I highly recommend supporting this event. Lets see how many zeds we can get attending.

Dave does the record of number of zeds at a QLD multimake car show still stand at 11 from motorfest a few years back?

Surely we can do better.

Dave does the record of number of zeds at a QLD multimake car show still stand at 11 from motorfest a few years back?

Surely we can do better.

Hi Greg, when the other show which can't be named was organised by polite and competent people(ie when you and me were involved :)), i think that first year we had over 20, might have a look back at a few old newsletter to see if i can get a number, but i recon with the guys on this forum and ZCCQ we could easily beat the record, don't forget we had 35 zeds competing at LapZ and a load of visitor Zeds, so theres a target straight off. would be very  8)

Unfortunately one Z I know pc will be at Lakeside that  day trying to get a swag of points for the PSCRAQ championship to stay in 2nd place at least  ;D

Sorry you wont be there but i'm sure you will be going a hell of a lot faster than we will be on the day

Best of luck and go for 1st.  :) Go the Zed

Who is running/organising this day?

Hi 260DET if you haven't worked it out yet its me Dave R.

The event is run by the Rising Sun Collectors Register of Australia and the the 7 of Club Mazda Car club of Qld,(all told700+ members) It is a great day out and some fantastic cars on display

It is Free to come in and disply your car and Free to spectate,  the way club based motorsport, club based and Japanese enthusiast events should be.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, Don't forget this Sunday the 19th of June is the All Japanese Day at Banyo, Free :) to display cars and to spectate, Please PM me by next Saturday the 18th if you are bring a Zed along so we can have a big enough area to have all the Zeds displayed together  8)

Cheers

Dave

Hi All, Don't forget this Sunday the 19th of June is the All Japanese Day at Banyo, Free :) to display cars and to spectate, Please PM me by next Saturday the 18th if you are bring a Zed along so we can have a big enough area to have all the Zeds displayed together  8)

Cheers

Dave

Any chance of a lift Dave? :) or maybe you have a auto Z I can borrow from your "fleet"? ;D

How many zeds will be going? I'm gonna come up but won't have a car ready yet  :'(

Hi potter260, still not sure how many are going, and i will have a better idea on Saturday, the show is listed on ZCCQ,and on the 300zx, z31 and zclub forums so hopefully there could be a good turnout of Zeds

Holy crap. Fixing the speed bump issues with gearbox on Saturday. By "speed bump"I meant that I had to replace it and was waiting for other people to do the work required not a low mounted gear box. But as usual I am off to CQ this week and can not attend. If it was a home week I would be there. Have fun guys and don't forget to post pics. 8)

Sounds like.a better day than I had...

Righto, what happened, spill the beans!

I just had a half day at Nurburgring, in an Opel Corsa Turbo, lots of fun, will be back in 12 months or so, and will stay a week, half day is WAY too little.

Currently in Sth Germany, outside of Saarbrucken on our drive leg, in a VW Golf GTD, the autobahns are fun, I'm doing 190 and big black German things flash headlights, and goody, we can't even make out the license plates.

The Opel Corsa managed 210 kmh got a bit light so eased off

Hi Jason,

Legal cannonball run in Germany - but remember they have wildlife their as well! :)

Hitting a rabbit at 190kph is not a pretty sight!

Did you run the long original circuit at the Nur?

Righto, what happened, spill the beans!

I just had a half day at Nurburgring, in an Opel Corsa Turbo, lots of fun, will be back in 12 months or so, and will stay a week, half day is WAY too little.

Currently in Sth Germany, outside of Saarbrucken on our drive leg, in a VW Golf GTD, the autobahns are fun, I'm doing 190 and big black German things flash headlights, and goody, we can't even make out the license plates.

The Opel Corsa managed 210 kmh got a bit light so eased off

Autobahns are a def hoot, today was spent tooling southwards through the very empty roads in the Black Forest, as it isn't holiday season, the run from Pforzheins to Villingen-Schwenningen was oh so nice, did stop a couple of times for photos but.