My New Mancave

C.A.R.

So I finally got around to painting the floor this weekend in SikaFloor "Stone Grey". Two coats were applied - one on Sat. & one on Sun.

The result came up 'OK', but If I was to do it again I'd be a little more carefull with the application process...

294626_10150298774555945_537415944_7995505_2710944_n.jpg

312666_10150298774660945_537415944_7995509_4329965_n.jpg

302548_10150298774700945_537415944_7995510_2591775_n.jpg

For whose who may do this in the future, this is what I did:

The concrete was troweld off smooth (but not too smooth) when it was laid down.

6 weeks later (giving it time to cure) I had it ground to take the high spots off & to open the pours of the concrete up more.

A week later I acid eched the concrete with a 4:1 mix of Water & Hydrocloric Acid, then blasting it off with a pressure cleaner to nutrilize the acid.*

I then repeated this step twice more giving a solid week of drying time between etchings.

The paint was then laid down over the weekend with a lambswool rollar.

*(interestingly the first time I did this a LOT of brown 'muck' was ejected from the concrete, but decreased over the last two etchings...)

Two final jobs to do are finish hooking up the guttering downpipes & pumping expanding foam in-between the slab & the wall sheeting to stop the ingress of pests (like Salty).

And that is the end of this story!

I hope everyone gets a few ideas from my build - so any questions & comments are welcome :)

Cheers!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does the sikafloor paint actually do Locky?

It stops Oil & other fluids staining the concrete mate. It also makes it easier to clean ;)

Excellent,

Even got room for a small dust free engine build booth. I bet it won't take long to fill it up. Well done. :)

David

Thanks David, but it's not QUITE that big :(

Excellent work Buddy

So can I tell the shipping company to divert the motor to you ?, I will have the shell and steel for the chassis sent down by flat tray.

OH CRAP! :o

OH CRAP! :o

Well its either that or you haul your ass down to my place in a few weeks time to weld up the new bolt in chassis? LMAo

Im off to see my engineer Paul tomorrow, all going well he will OK what I have come up with.

• Moderators

Good timing with the floor painting..just about to move into the new place (hopefully this Thursday!) and wanting to paint the floor in the garage. Another good reason to paint the floor is to stop the concrete dust going everywhere! Very nice there Locky.