Sign in to follow this  
zzzzed

need to know ASAP offset qusstion

sorry guys i dont have time to search..

Do the rota rb 17x9 -13 hit the standard strut on a 240z? If so what offset / size do i need to fill out my zg flares  in the rota rbx range?

Stock 240z and 260z have around 4.6" of backspace room. So those rims width/offsets give you that much so they clear stock struts/springs - with a small amount of room.

thanx guys ;D

I ordered a set of rota rbx from rota australia today.. There is going to be a 6 week wait so its lucky i am in no hurry ::)

I will have posession of the 17x9.5 -19 by next friday. However the 17x9 -13 wont me here for atleast 3 months.

Has any one run 17x 9.5 -19 on the front of a 240z and is it recommended.\

The reason i ask is that they have plenty of the 9.5 in stock so i could have a full set or wait 3 months for the  17x9 -13

Rota need to pull their finger out.....They have been promising these wheels for over 6 months now.  ???

I don't know whether the 9.5 (-19) will fit the front.  We can try it out next weekend with my 16x9.5 wats if you like however I have never seen anyone run 9.5 wheels all round.

The concern is also that it may look a little odd.  The rear flare is wider than the front and aesthetically it makes more sense for the rear wheel to be wider than the front.  If you go 9.5's all round and then are not happy, it will cost more $$$ to fix.

thanx roberto. I should have 2x 9.5's by next weekend to play with so ill try them on the front when they arive but ill prob just wait for the 9's as the car wont be on the road till some time next year any way. I woud have prefered the fronts come first so i can fit up my willwoods because they wont fit inside my 14 inch

i have 15x9.5 -19s on the front of my z.

def. need flares to cover them. tire size makes a big difference with fitment.

im running a 195/55/15.

Hayashi Street 9.5" -19 195/55/15

IMG_7738.jpg

SSR Formula Mesh 9.5" -33 205/60/15

IMG_7752.jpg

IMG_7757.jpg

i much prefer the 205/60, less stretch fatter tyre.

having said that id rather have no stretch than stretch.

ps. rear scrubs alot. guards are rolled. king springs.

getting them cut up at welded soon to fix it.

shame you can't get a 245/50/15 anymore - that would be perfect for a 15x9 and a little stretch for a 9.5.

Great looking car aidannn

Can I ask a stupid noob question?

Do tyre places look at you funny when you ask for stretched fit? In other words, do you need to hunt around and find someone that does it? I'm not a huge fan of hipari but it seems necessary for some rim sizes.

Can I also deduct from those photos and comments that a 9.5" rim won't fit ideally withouy cutting the wheel arches? I don't really want to cut up body work if I don't have to, but if I do go down the flares path I do want to fill them out properly.

There is no point running flairs and not cutting. It will look like a 4wd and you will stuff all suspension travel.

Either cut or go 8" - 8.5" max.

And it depends on the tyre shop - somewhere like K-Mart Tyre and auto wont do stretches.