Cool Japanese Nostalgics Site, quite new!

Toecutter

• Administrators
it has that sexy blue car on there' date=' and here i was thinking it was a toyota of some sort

[img']http://www.japanesenostalgiccar.com/profiles/mazdarx-4/gallery/mazda_rx-4=020.jpg[/img]

That's funny I wanted an RX4 at one stage. I was deciding between an RX4 or 240z I recall.

I chose the 240z for obvious reasons, glad I did the RX4 wasn't the best in my honest opinion they are definately overpriced too.

There is a guy with one near my place it's got a 13B Turbo in it. He wants like $10,000 but hasn't been able to get it. It looks clean, but could be alot of headaches and I suspect the reason he's selling.

I was having a look around on some carsale type websites found an RX3 Turbo with Simmons on it looked the goods but was relatively expensive. I'd probably get an RX3 coupe but still think the Z's were far superior.

The old KPGC10 used to race against it and used to win :).

Something about those Rotors though.

On another topic, gotta love the Toyota 2000GT very nice lines and very low very sleek. Wish our Zeds got nice rims like those found on the 2000GT standard, shame we got those horrible hubcaps (even if I think there lovely). That's what cost cutting does though and the Z may not have been as successful if it wasn't for it's lucrative price tag. :wink:

the car i was tossing up between it or a zed is also up there, and a guy i now work with owns one.

http://www.japanesenostalgiccar.com/profiles/toyotaCelica1975LBTopSecret/gallery/toyotaCelica1975LBTopSecret=002.jpg

although according to him there isn't anywhere near the amount of after market support for them as i zed which is one thing that helped me decide, and he stacked his and it took him 6months to find a bonnet in reasonable condition for it, although i would of thought that was one part possibly shared with the sedan type ones, ta22s?

i'm more than happy with my choice :D the rear spoiler on that ra28 looks pretty cool.

2000gt's are pretty sexy, if only zed's were that low, dam accomidating for tall people!

I never had a doubt about what car I wanted - once I saw a clean Z on the net with some basic exterior mods like no rust and a froint spoiler I have made a decision to buy one - that was when I was about 13-14... later I found out about cars like RA28 (not bad but didnt like the technical side - only a 4 cyl standard and even looks wise I still prefered a Z) and the little mazdas - not enough of a sporty look for me. 2000gt - is ok in my opinion, but I am realyl happy Nissan didnt produce it instead of 240Z - our cars have much more balanced lines from what I can see and have aged very gracefully. Although I have to admit that I was tempted by other more modern car - like the Z32 and AW11 - but thats only after I got my hands on a Z :D

• 2 months later...
i was still trying to find a sexy 4 seater' date=' and prefer the ra28's to 2+2's (well craigs car makes me question this lol), but when it comes down to it there nothing is like a 2 seater zed :D

i woudlnt mind a c210 as a car to screw around in[/quote']

I agree I took a few RA28 here in NZ for drives and was very close to purchasing one but then went for the zed in the end and like you if I wanted a 2+2 it would be the RA28. I just love the Zed in 2 seater form.