Sign in to follow this  
reverendzed

AusZcar Cheaper By the Dozen Day!

Thanks Lurch,

I meant MAY.  If updated my post.  I hope that may is better for you Scoota  ;)

Look forward to seeing you there Fish-master  ;D  Lobster for lunch?

no the door work a teat ;D.

PS:  You are way too kinky for me.  Doesn't it hurt working your teat with the door??    :o ;D

Okey Dokey,

so what needs doing?

The first thing to do is lift the shell onto the rotisorrie.

Some minor (for them that know what they are doing) repairs to the back right.

Two x doglegs, the bottom few inches of the front guards, new floors welded in and tow door skin replaced.

Sounds doable, eh?

Lurch is bring his Mig so with mine that means 2 Migs going (pending house fuses coping).  I've got a great compressor (thanks Rev), but no spray guns. 

I'll need to get some etch primer (what brand?).  What else do I need to buy to get some of these body repairs done?  Please PM the list John & Rev.

I've got the door skins and will get the floors in the next week or so.  Lurch has offered to make my dogleg patches, if I ask nicley he might also make the replacement bits for the bottom of the front guards  ...  PLEeeeeeASE  :-[  :'(  ;D  8)

post-1654-144023621494_thumb.jpg

post-1654-144023621496_thumb.jpg

post-1654-144023621502_thumb.jpg

post-1654-144023621512_thumb.jpg

I know it doesn't look to bad.  I can hear the "You should see mine.  He's got nothing to worry about.  He's such a girl's blouse." etc

To that I simply reply, "Shut up Lurch."

I'm planning on having it all blasted before you all arrive, so there are no hidden surprises after you leave.

For those of you who think that bodywork is for artists and just getting all greasy with a spanner in your hand is what life is about ... there is some work to do with the parts car.  The diff and drive shafts need to come out, the carpet and a few other items need to come out of the interior and a few other things.  If you feel like pulling the carpet out, bring gloves and some sort of fase mask.  She smells like she has doubled in weight with mould spores  :o

then of course there are the professional parts getters, bits passers.  The job can't be done without them.

Then there's the run down the shopsers and get some ?????  Then the caterers .. we can't live without them.  Keeping our fluids up and cooking the prawns and crays fresh from the SpamMaster  ;D

What I'm saying is there are jobs for everyone and everyone will have a job.  All so we can sit around when the work is done and share stories.

I'm very much looking forward to this.

post-1654-144023621523_thumb.jpg

Simon,

That 1/4 don't look to bad, but its a double panel in that area I'm pretty sure it wont be that hard a task to get back plumb.

I will bring my spray guns, along with a moisture trap, as far as materials that isn't a problem, I can pick up a whole lot of panel prep consumeables and you can fix me up later, the big question is priming? regardless if you go acrylic or low bake down the track, I'm inclined to suggest EP as I'm sure REV will agree, if that's the case I can pick that up as well as the distributor and factory are across the road from each other in Sunshine 10 minutes from my place.

Guess that's the big decision you have to make, cost wise it 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.

Give me a call when you get a chance and we can discuss.

Also I put Kato David onto a bloke I know that I met up with a few weeks ago after about a 15 year lapse, he used to work with me at the Mercedes repair shop, he now runs a business called Restoblast using plastic media, he picks up from all over Australia and is very reasonable price wise, if you want to speak to him and get an idea on price, Ive seen some of his work and its exceptional.

His name is Johnny and number is 9971-5889, just tell him John O referred you.

Cheers

John

I've know an excellent, cheap, local, spray painter (Dulux 2pac) in Warragul if you want to go down that parth too, Simon ;)

2.5 to 3k would see it done...

Some consumables for the list.!?!

Grinding and cutting wheels.

Sandpaper.

Anything else you can think of along these lines.

??? Simon, is your shed wired up with GPO's  installed or are you running an xtnsion lead from the house. Let me know & I may be able to advise you best method to avoid fuse blowing situation.

Regards: Alan.  :D

I can supply cutting/grinding wheels if needed..just let me know what size grinders you have.. I know Lurch has a 4" (grinder), so let me know what others are needed...

I can supply cutting/grinding wheels if needed..just let me know what size grinders you have.. I know Lurch has a 4", so let me know what others are needed...

"I know Lurch has a 4" " Someone, please. I have to admit i have a 4" too. Those 1mm cutting discs are good too.

Sorry buddy but that is  the little man Birthday and I have just been told he is having a birthday party on the Saturday. Good news is we going Laser tagging for three hours Fun ::)

Bruce 

Sorry buddy but that is  the little man Birthday and I have just been told he is having a birthday party on the Saturday. Good news is we going Laser tagging for three hours Fun ::)

Bruce

Come on down on suday - or even saturday evening for dinner and drinks.  I'm sure we'll still have work to do on the sunday.  ::)

??? Simon, is your shed wired up with GPO's  installed or are you running an xtnsion lead from the house. Let me know & I may be able to advise you best method to avoid fuse blowing situation.

Sorry I've taken a while to answer.

I'm trying to get the shed wired, but at this stage it's a lead from the house  :'(

For those that are coming and don't want to sleep on the floor, this motel is about 400 metres from my place:

http://www.bairnsdalemotel.com.au/index.html

I've also been asked if this is a stag weekend or are people bring flowers?

With just over a dozen sleeps to go ... it's getting exciting.  Well it is for me anyway.

I need to start to get the food (and grog) organised.  Could people please PM and tell me what time they are planning on arriving (friday night if you like), how many and if you are planning on staying at my place.  Then I'll PM you the address.  For those that haven't realised, I'm in Bairnsdale, Victoria.

MaygZ

;) Simon if you are running a lead from the house & I gather your house is a three phase concept , I would suggest the following. Obtain at least two

heavy capacity leads, at least more than the standard leads.When in use check to see if they are heating up or if the lead is twisting (overloading).Reduce load if this happens. Get a couple of power boards with o/load c/out units (saves running up to the house fixing things) . Check the power points out in your house to find two that are on dfrnt crcts , to do this pull one of the fuses at the main board.To indcte the active unit that still works plug a lamp or something that will give you this indication. You do this so that you wont overload them if you put them on the same crct, but if you have crct brkrs instld which are the norm now you shdnt have to many dramas. Try & balance the supply out in the shed so that if the guys want to run two welders or thingy's that draw a lot of Amps at the same time put them on dfrnt leads. Should work pretty ok.

Remember you can't see ELECTRICITY & it is very deadly, worked in the game for thirty three years so I should know. Just as a final heads up if there is a problem of any sought with power supply switch it off immediately or pull the plug on the unit. Don't become a victim. Hope this is of some help to you & not to confusing. If you wish PM you Ph# to me & i'll xplain a little better. Good luck with your day. Also establish who can do CPR . Handy to know mate, been there & done it. It works.

Hey Guys, countdown is on, so we need some definite numbers for catering/sleeping etc.  PM Simon or me to let us know you are a starter and then we can get you the address etc and potentially organise some car pooling.

Cheers,

Rev.

I'll pick you up from the station

Hey I got my first email reply today.  ;D ;D ;D

It's 7 days to go  ;D ;D 8)

The engine bits are being amassed as you read and Peter Mc will be putting it all together on Saturday - under my close supervision  :o  ;D

Hopefully the shell will be sandblasted in time - if I can work out how to get it on the trailer while on the rotisserie  :o

Lurch and Scoota will be fitting new door skins and doing some other rust repairs/welding - again under my close supervision  :o  ;D

Sirpent and Rev will be smoothing out some bumps and following Scoota and Lurch to tidy up their mess.

Jimbo will be passing tools and helping out where ever he can, ably assisted by Dimitri, MadZ, Billy and Rachael.

Benny will be helping strip some parts off the parts car.

OldZman will be admiring MY rotisserie and drinking all my grog.

And Billy and Rachael will be keeping everyone's fluid and nutrient levels high.

Who else is coming?

A thank you shout out to Paulo for some suspension bushes.  They arrived yesterday.  THANK YOU!!