reverendzed

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well only a few days to go. 

The shell just got dropped off at the blasters.  I watched him do a little of it.  OMG it's fast.  I would seriously recommend to anyone who wants some paint removed, to not waste their time doing it at home and get it to a blaster.  In about 15 minutes he had a side of the car stripped.  That would have taken me most of the day!  It will end up costing me about $600, including a coat of etch.  I would probably have spent that or more on disks and paint, let alone the dust is now at someone else's place!

My wife is ordering food for the weekend as we speak.  She wants to know how many people are coming?  I am booking dinner at the pub for Saturday night so I need to know how many people are staying?

So come on people.  Please send me a PM if you are coming and note if you are staying the night.  Even if you think I already know you are coming, please send me a PM.  I will then reply with my address - which I reckon you will need  :o

Please reply as soon as you can, so that my wife and I can ensure that you have somewhere to sleep and something to eat.

If you are coming - things to bring:

a camping type chair - sit around in the evening and talk crap

sleeping gear - I've only the one bed and if I'm lucky the wife will let me sleep in it

personal item - showers are available and encouraged

Grog - if you don't drink beer or wine 'cause there should be enough of that.

Cameras - as there will be some craftsmen working on the day

Any special tools (not of the human kind) that you think you will need

If it suits you to come down Friday afternoon/evening you are welcome.  We can have a pre-emptive sit around and talk crap.  ;D

Looking good Pete.  Ta.

Looking forward to seeing in the flesh - well the metal at least!

See you Saturday.

I'm still waiting for some replies.

So far for Saturday I've got:

Me

The Boss

The princess (rachael)

Lurch

Jane - his boss  ;D

Sirpent - da man

Scoota - if he gives me some train details??

Jimbo - from Omeo

PMc

Anyone else coming??

Pete I've sent you a PM

Hey Simon

I will be there on Friday evening, i will be driving down in the hilux ute  so if anyone needs a lift on the way i am more then happy to pick them up  eg Canberra etc

Also the hilux is a ute so if anyone from Sydney needs something transported and you can get it to me by Thursday arvo i can take it down

Do you or anyone else need some tools for the weekend, i have a portable spot welder if required plus just about anything else.

Cant wait to meet you all after all these years of been on here

Loui

Loui,

Will be great to finally meet you.  I hope you're better looking than your 'bro'  ;D

I don't think I need you to bring any tools.  How good are you at replacing door skins??

Actually now that I think of it, if you have some saw horses or panel stands, they would be an asset.

MaygZ

Will be great to finally meet you.  I hope you're better looking than your 'bro'  ;D

Just make sure you keep the women in your neck of the woods locked up, us glamorous Wog boys with our Southern European looks tend to have an overwhelming effect on the female population. LMAO

Lurch

Jane - his boss  ;D

;D It's funny cos it's true!  ;D

Can't wait to see you all! I will be bringing some plants for your boss Simon  ;)

Jane (Lurchs boss)

Amigo's

OK, just wanted to give the crew members coming down a heads up as far as equipment you can bring that we will need apart from what Lurch will be bringing up for the rust repairs.

I spoke to Simon and the plan is to basically repair and prep all the panels back from the front guards at this stage, in other words, the doors, sills, turret, quarter panels tail lamps panel etc, this way hopefully we will have the majority of critical fixed and operative panels repaired and prepped by Sunday afternoon.

So if you have drills, or sanders bring them along for the ride as it will take a few hours to get the panels pre-paint prep'd after which I will be bringing up the spray gear and locking the panels up in Sikkens EP Polyester, we will probably do a vid of the application to add to the tutorial I started previously for all the interested parties who have been waiting for the update.

Cheers

John

Well the weekend has just finished.

Whilst we didn't quite get to the dozen figure, we got quite a lot done with the half dozen that could make it.

Great big thanks and extra bonus karma goes out to:

Lurch;

Sirpent;

peterMc26;

OldZman (all the way from Sydney);

Jimbo ; and

ackent.

Extra special thanks goes to my wife, Billy, who kept everyone full of caffeine and food.  A big shout out to my daughter, Rachael, who has done a day of engine building apprenticeship under the tutelage of peterMc26.  Not a bad start to her car building adventures, eh?

It was great to catch up and great to watch how things should be done. 

Photos will be added to my build post in time - see link below post.

We got (and forgive me if I get the bit names wrong) - both doglegs done, both the front doglegs (? the bits at the bottom of the car, under the 'A' pillar that are covered by the bottoms of the front guards), the roof skin nice and flat (after some overly aggressive sand-blasting earlier in the week), the rear left tail-light surround; the rear right dings, and lots of other little rust repairs.

Thank you guys.  Having seen how to do these things, I am now equipped to have a go at the rest myself. 

Great work, great food, great grog, great shiver conversations about Zeds and anything else we could talk about and great company.

I will leave it to others to decide who is the recipient of a weekend like this next, but my hand will be the first thrown up.  I reckon 4 or 5 weekends work was done in the two days and a great time was had.

On a side note:  I'm more than a little concerned that a bloke would even know how to use a hair straightener (other than Benny), let alone use it to straighten the hair of a tall skinny man who usually wears an unruly 'fro.  This image was then topped off watching the same skinny male have nail polish applied.  :o  I didn't sleep soundly that night.

HEY GUYS

Made it back safe and sounds, it was great meeting you all after so many posts and years ,

Simon : thanks mate for the hospitality and the laughs as usual, you will have your zed on the road before me with all the boys working on it, hope we made it easier for you to finish your car, please thank Billy and Rachael for getting the coffee and beer as the day went along

John: that roof without your expertise would have to have been replaced not repaired,well done

Lurch : you are truly a whiz with fabricating replacement panels it was a pleasure to work along side you.

Jane : nice to have meet you and your bubbling personality ( get lurch to build you are zed so you can drive that and not everyone Else's  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pete : Put an engine together in half a day was unreal, thanks for the info on Rb30 and the offer to build me a SCREAMER

Jimbo : nice to meet you and yes i think i should change my nic to something else  ;D ;D ;D ;D

guys thank you all again for making me feel like one off the Vic crew

Loui

On a side note:  I'm more than a little concerned that a bloke would even know how to use a hair straightener (other than Benny), let alone use it to straighten the hair of a tall skinny man who usually wears an unruly 'fro.  This image was then topped off watching the same skinny male have nail polish applied.  :o  I didn't sleep soundly that night.

Well I had an excuse, I dated no less than 4 hairdressers in my youth, drive a hair dressers car AT THE MOMENT and am an out and open Metrosexual, HOWEVER, the same cannot be said for the tall skinny bloke, guess we all have to come out of the closet at some stage, stay proud Lurch !

The same as Loui also, Billie and Rachael were wonderful, thanks for putting up with us and our stomping around your beautiful home in our dust laden work gear, Billie I'm going to hold you to your promise of helping organise the cannonball Run also !

And Jane, you certainly kept us entertained, I'm sure you and Lurch will spend some time in the coming days shopping at Harvey Normans, I hear they have Vidal Sassoon ceramic hair straighteners on special and you can both do each others hair and nails LMAO

Loui brother, alas your receding hairline didn't offer me the opportunities, but as I said in Simon's build post, it was like watching two blokes work in perfect sync together, your fabricating skills stood out Bro and I'm sure one day soon I will have to make the run up to Sydney and spend a couple of pleasurable days seeing what I can screw up on your car.

Simon, if you ever decide to leave the FIRM, I'm sure I can speak to some of my high ranking mates at the CFMEU about a shop stewards role, your overseeing abilities are extraordinary, no just kidding, mate you know you have it in you, just take a leap of faith and jump into it, somehow I think you will suprise us all.

Peter, I'm sorry about the snoring, told you we should have gone to that wine bar after they all went to bed ! As Loui wrote, very impressive to see you rock up and so exactingly but causally get through an engine assembly like that.

Jimbo, as I said before, when the going got tough, you kept the tough going, and Adrian, its great to see and meet new members with the enthusiasm you showed and some fine workmanship to go with it.

Cheers to all...........

The Stylist..................

To all who were involved a Big Thank You!!! Thanks for everyone's patience & putting up with my questions but it has giving me a bit of confidence to have a go. To all the Girls thanks for the tea & tucker & Saturday night was a pleasure...Jimbo

receding hairline ehhh Loui ....is that why you wore a beanie  :P

Chris you know what they say about follically challenged men, haven't got it on top but can go all night , which means that I have just stuck a foot in my mouth because I look like a long haired friend of Jesus, but deserve to take one for my Bro after posting the initial comment  ;)

Nice meeting/catching up with everyone, I had a great weekend and enjoyed watching the progress. Thanks for the accommodation and hospitality Simon and Billy :)

Thanks John for making Lurch's hair look simply stunning! His nails didn't look half bad after I was finished also... Look forward to the next beauty therapy day  ;D

Thanks guys :)

Jane.