53 replies to this topic

#41 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:29 AM

It's seems to be "the straw that broke the camels back" scenario.

Has no one else noticed the remarks between those 2? The constant undermining and one up man-ship has obviously taken it's toll on Peter's patience. 
I also hope Peter can overlook the , cough, "attempt" of humor.

#42 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,607 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:04 AM

I long suspected there was something wrong with our education system.  ;)

You are not welcome here any more. Take your 280C barge & go away.
THAT is no way to speak to an ex-Gibson Racing Team engine builder - no matter what you 'think' you know...

#43 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

It's funny that after anyone is proven wrong, the personal attacks follow... pretty pathetic.

#44 Gareth. J.

Gareth. J.

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

Whoa, where did all this come from  :'(

I hope I/we havent lost Peter's knowledge, expertise and friendship. He's such a generous person with his time and is a true master craftsman, the Michaelangelo of cylinder heads thats for sure!

#45 MaygZ

MaygZ

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,7841.0.html
  • Tagline:We all started somewhere. Where are you Lurch???

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

"restrictor..........needed to slow the water down to make the temp more stable"

Increase the pressure of the water around the head galleries is why a restrictor is used, nothing to do with the speed of the coolant.

Think about it for a second or two. Water boils at @87 degrees in the alpine regions for example....it's to do with the ambient atmospheric pressure. How do we increase the boiling point? Put a restrictor in the cooling system and the pressure of the coolant will increase. Now we can boil it at @120 degrees.

High school science stuff.  :-*

By the way Oz, the pressure in the whole cooling system, not just the head, is increased as the restrictor SLOWS DOWN the water flow.  The pump is attempting to pump the same volume of water through the system, but it is SLOWED DOWN at the restrictor and results in the increase in pressure.

Now I could have typed this the first time I read your post, but I didn't as see the value in blatantly pointing out your error.  I didn't see the value in hurting your feelings or embarrassing you.  Obviously now I do.

Don't know what high school you went to or to what level you went, but I suspect that you should have paid a little more attention in physics class.

As a side it doesn't matter if you can spell well, when you have nothing worthwhile (or accurate) to say!

And yes technically it doesn't increase the pressure in the 'whole system', but rather the part between the low pressure side of the water pump and restrictor.  I know that most would let that little exaggeration slip through to the keeper, but just in case you feel like taking on a battle of wits well outside your weight division!

#46 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,398 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:02 PM

Guys I don't want to lock this thread because of a dispute. I also don't want to ban anyone and I don't think it should be necessary. Once you start banning people it becomes a slippery slope and I've seen this divide communities. Plus I'll also get a ton of personal emails I'm sure, which I don't really need :).

For the most part I'm sure both parties have something valuable to contribute otherwise they wouldn't comment and in this case different opinions. Sure somebody 'may' or 'could' be wrong, but you also have to remember that offline many of you guys have close relationships, so when someone outside of that immediate social circle comes in I respect that many of you will jump to defend each other.

Also members should show mutual respect for each other, even though at times I know this can be difficult to do and you may want to really prove someone is wrong. Comments on forums can sometimes be hard to properly interpret due to the restriction in the medium's tone, I'm sure we all know this. Just look at the fighting over YouTube.

It may seem obvious and perhaps optimistic on my behalf, but perhaps we should take this incident as water under the bridge and move on?

#47 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:18 PM

Differences of opinion is one thing, being right or wrong another, but when it resorts to personal attacks, that's when I loose all respect for the one who does it. I'm sure everyone will move on, but that member probably will never be treated with the same respect ever again. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth...

#48 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

I hope everyone can move on. We all know how to take people, or who to listen too.
But,
That's not water under the bridge, it's Gareth's coolant.

#49 xa1973

xa1973

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

The Faith Healer.......

#50 Johnboy

Johnboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:26 AM

Gareth the ATI balancer isn't that much more, I just bought one, it was about $490 posted

FYI $245 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2eb48e3067

#51 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:17 AM

FYI $245 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2eb48e3067

Actuall $245.96 shipped
Just bought one  ;D
Thanks John

#52 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:34 AM

Working on a group buy with them now.
If anyones interested?

#53 MaygZ

MaygZ

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,7841.0.html
  • Tagline:We all started somewhere. Where are you Lurch???

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

Forgive my ignorance ... what's a super damper?  Is it a fancy harmonic balancer?  If so what's he advantage over a garden variety harmonic balancer?

Ta

MaygZ

#54 benny

benny

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

it saves you $1000's of dollars in balancing as it does it all for you :o Actually i think they are just balanced better for higher RPM!!

edit: this is from there website- Designed and tuned to eliminate harmful crankshaft harmonics that cause parasitic HP loss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users