SOLD - SOLD - SOLD!!! 1974 260z 2 Seater Coupe For Sale - Canberra

Aussie260z

Hey Guys,

Time to get rid of the Z, has been sitting for over year and no further work has been completed so time to go!

There was quite a bit of Rust and other nasties in the floor pans and looked as if it had been in a frontal accident - so I went berserk and put some new sheet metal in there :-)

Can see it's progress here................

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/73107-new-floor-pans-and-frame-rails/page__st__60

There is a few incarnations of the Engine/Gearbox and Front Suspension setup that I went through - but I work with Engineers and got some good advice and finally came up with something strong for the front crossmember. It is setup for the 1UZ, Subaru PS Rack and runs a mix of S7 RX7 front suspension with adjustable coilovers, brakes from an AU with Calipers from an R32 Skyline. Rear Suspension is stock with an R200.

At the moment it rolls, not drives, so has to be trailored away - It comes with all stock interior (Including flawless Dash), piles and piles of spare parts like Whale Tale spoiler, bonnets, super wide front guards, spare 280z (later 260z front and rear struts), spare front windscreen and a whole bunch of other crap lying around that needs to go too :-).

I am asking $2000 ono

I am also looking to get rid of the 1UZ motor and gearbox as well, had Sideshow Bob modify the harness so it is more or less a plug and play loom needing about 5-6 wires to be connected to a stock harness from memory. The engine is complete and in good condition, I pulled it from a Soarer with 142k's on it, has all accessaries and 3 Auto gearboxs (Crown's and Soarer Auto's) and I am after $2000 for that as well - Figured that people would probably just be after the Z here, not the 1UZ with the Z....................

But happy to sell them together, saves me pulling the 1UZ out of the car.

Can contact me on 0403 836 526.

Cheers

Tony

• Administrators

Absolute bargain for anyone who's going to put a high powered motor in a Z and doesn't mind a modded 1. Save someone loads of time and they can still finish it the way they want it. A Supra motor 2JZ's would be insane in a Z.

367478d1301945532-myconversion-1199615752638bj8cz2.jpg

Sorry I just wanted to use that image haha.

Thanks Fella's - to say the chassis is rigid now would be a bit of an understatement :-)!

Shame to see the old girl go, but it has been sitting for over a year and prefer to see it go to a good home then sit forlornly in the driveway :-)!

Started going through all the bits and pieces that I have for this car.......................Whoever collects this car will need a car trailor and a ute, lots of spare parts :-)!

I took some pics today just so you get a picture of what it currently looks like - Rear wheels come with the car, front ones do not - I will supply two other wheels, which are the same as the rears with the sale - They are a 40p offset and run 25mm bolt on style spacers - Which will also come with the car.

Z1.jpg

Z2.jpg

Z3.jpg

Z4.jpg

Z6.jpg

Z7.jpg

Z8.jpg

I have a front spoiler, grill, 2 sets of bumper bars aswell - Everything (well almost) needed to slap this thing back together - Just lots of stuff not on the car at the moment :-)!

I have a perfect dash that comes with the car..................................but I also whipped up this, basically a mould for making a Fibreglass copy, it comes with the car aswell.

160320101575640x480.jpg

Also, a while ago it was an RB30ET 260z - I modified the Fuel Tank so it had an In-Tank FI fuel pump and I have whipped up a set of Bundy-Steel Fuel Lines, so that part of the conversion is pretty much sorted.

Cheers

Tony

And some more..................

Z10.jpg

Z9.jpg

Little bit of surface rust in there, but I will clean all the sh£t off before it is purchased. Can see fuel lines, 1" Patrol Master Cyliner and the mighty 1UZ - Had to take the Inlet Manifold off to get the wiring harness off for it to be modified, I haven't pulled the engine apart except for the accessaries and the inlet manifold. The bonnet DOES close and clear the stock Intake Manifold, but I had to remote mount the Oil Filter on the 1UZ, was a mix of clearing the crossmember and getting bonnet clearance, in the end it was much easier to remote mount the Oil Filter compared with figuring out how to modify the Inlet Manifold :-)!

I purchased an Adapter from Bullet Cars in QLD for this, never got around to mounting it though, just bought the adapter and it is currently slapped on the side of the 1UZ block.

Cheers

Tony

[ ((quote author=luvemfast link=topic=9073.msg87196#msg87196 date=1302514255]

Yeah, I'm with you Dimitri.

Only I had contacted him

Actually I called him sunday morning and organised pics etc. then got back to him yesterday morning to organise a deposit, but seems I missed out by an hour or so!.

Good luck with your purchase (luvemfast) Pm me if there's anything you'll sell from it.

Tai

well it wasnt me unfortunately!! Absolutely spewing I didnt turn on the computer a few days before hand. Have been looking for a cheap 2 seater 260 for a while now. Wanna sell yours Candy33

well it wasnt me unfortunately!! Absolutely spewing I didnt turn on the computer a few days before hand. Have been looking for a cheap 2 seater 260 for a while now. Wanna sell yours Candy33

Sorry 24TZI would have if I bought this one, but because I missed out I have decided keep it since it took me so long to find a 2 seater and won't risk selling this and possibly not find another., will be calling Lurch tomorrow to organise for him to finish my rust repairs!