Tassie Tour: Feb/March 2012!

C.A.R.

Yes we are going again!

This 7-8 Day event is being held again next year (2012) around Feb/March.

It's about 1600kms of THE BEST Zed driving roads in Australia. Coupled together with great accommodation, awesome food (& Drink! *hic*), good company & our Zeds!!!

All finally finishing up with a track day at Symmons Plains Raceway!

For a car & driver you will need around $1800 in funds. Passengers around $800 to $1000pp.

This covers EVERYTHING: Return Spirit of Tassie overnight boat trip, Accommodation, Petrol, Food & Drink, Track day at Symmons Plains & all spending money.

Craig (620Z) is the event coordinator for this trip, so rest assured the organisation will be second to none!

Here is the trailer video from the 2008 Tassie Tour:

The 2010 thread is here: http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,3850.0.html

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

DSCF0113.jpg

DSCF0290-1.jpg

DSCF0287-1.jpg

DSCF0242.jpg

EOI is being taken now for this awesome event!

POST HERE ONLY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING US!!!

A Email address will be supplied later in the year for all correspondence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Craig - 620Z

Gordo - R32 GTR

JohnBoy - 240Z

Lurch & Jane - 240Z

Dave Chambers - 350Z TT

Martin - 2?0Z

Steve & Deb Siggers -260Z 2+2 (90% sure)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Ha Ha

Well done Lurch. Geez you get in early on these things. Cost wise you might get away with it for $1,200- or so. You can get detailed costs closer to the time. But between that and Lurch's quote will cover it. At present I am pretty sure everyone who came last time will be on again. Plus a few from ACT.

A truely awesome trip is in stall as usual and this time of year the weather normally turns it on for a swim or two.  :D

Who is Jane travelling with?  It will be uncomfortable if she is planning on trying to sit in MY seat for he trip  ::)

I reckon your lap would be pretty comfy... but you may require ear plugs for the trip...

• 5 months later...

OK Zed freaks,

This post has been quiet for a while now. Bit of time now. So I thought I would resurrect it and start the planning for the big trip in mid to late Feb 2012.

Please register your interest here in the coming weeks as we will have to confirm this years route and start making some accommodation/boat bookings.

This is always a great trip and as always we will finish our final day of the trip at Symmons Plains Race track. I am pretty sure most people who went 2 years ago will be coming again. I will confirm in the next few weeks.

List:-

Craig                    260Z V8

Gordon                GTR

Lurch & Jane        240Z Injected

Johnboy

Bruce with his new motor?  Zed  260?

David Chambers      350Z  TT

Rob Creighton ... maybe  240Z

Possibly 2 forom SA I will have to pm them.

Scott from ACT? Does he have any money? Hmmm maybe.

Any slackers from Tassie got a Zed going to join us for the whole trip?

Couple other maybe's at this stage.

Let Lurch or myself know or post a hello on here if interested and I can send you some details. Either way I will put some more stuff up on here after I get back from Bathurst. Go Lowndsy.  ;)

Hey guys interested in joining the trip to Down Under's Down Under  Can you please keep me in the loop? Cheers Martin

Good stuff Martin!

Send a PM expressing your interest to Craig (620Z) along with your email address to stay in 'the loop' ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lurch and Tassie fans. I was thinking we might have to have an afternoon/evening BBQ at my place in early November to meet and discuss the Tassie trip. Then we can lock down some details being exact date, route, accommodation etc. Lurch I will give you a call in the next week or two.

Cheers  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Update - Guys I just sent out a personal email to some of the address's I have who might be interested in this trip. If you are keen or want to know more PM me with your email address to get on the list. I plan on having a planning meeting at my place Sunday 13th November at 4pm for a few drinks, BBQ maybe a swim in the pool and of course to discuss the trip. Hope you can make it.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

We cancelled the eeting because a few people couldn't make it. so we are planning on having the meeting at the Xmas BBQ on the 3/12/11 where we will lock everything down. If you come along for that then you are of course welcome to help us lock in some things. Otherwise after that date I can call you and discuss the dates, itinery etc.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

OK Tassie fans looks like we have 11 people coming long on our Tour of Tasmania this time.

At this stage I am penciling in the dates as Tuesday 14th Feb catch the boat over 7pm and catch the boat home Tuesday 21st Feb to arrive in Melbourne at 6am 22nd Feb. Total days away 7 days as usual.

We will go through the itinery at Saturdays (tomorrows) BBQ and lock in the route and dates. Let me know if anyone has a problem with these dates.

Welcome on board Dale form Ballarat it's been a few years since you last came along.

Steve (Chev Zed) and Martin (Wildy55) can you guys give me a % guage if you are coming along.

Everyone please be prepared to start booking the accommodation next week. We have left it late and don't want to miss out on the good places to stay.

Any questions let me know.

Cheers

OK guys this is it, get on board. Craig and I are the only two people to go on every tassie trip, from memory five trips. Every one of them bloody fantastic. It's not only the driving, but the mateship you form with the other guys, and the chitchat on the CB radio. The tours we do, and some of the remote places we visit. Also some of the great pubs we stop at to have lunch or dinner. Like Craig has said, people have come up to us and said it's be the best holiday they have ever had. That's why I keep coming back for more. So if you want to no more contact Craig and get on Board the Tassie Boat.

• 1 month later...

Hi Johnboy, the guys have all got there cars ready. Mines in the garage after a polish, new wiper blades and I've put new up graded globes in the head lights. Topped up the oil and all fluids and she is ready to go. Cheers Gordon.

• 2 weeks later...