Sign in to follow this  
Lurch

Workshop Day - Late notice 10/4/11 - R31 Rear brake conversion.

good idea scoot... ill bring a few bits

Benny,

want to bring some door skins?  ;D

Rev,

please come after service.  If you come I promise to perform a christian act  :D  I wont even make a single crack about hairdressing - obviously except to have a dig at Benny, but I'm sure that's OK.

This forum is ALL about mateship.  Still is and I reckon always will be.  The Zeds are just the conduit.

I'll also protect you from the 19yo  8)

Missing you

MaygZ

Hey guys, I'll probably be hitching a ride down in the Scoot-a-matic. I'll give you a call tonight Scoota.

Come along Dave, we don't nearly have enough catch ups as it is! Hmm, maybe we need a plan to kidnap Rev after the service?  ;)

Sorry guys, but I will have to miss out now. I know, poor excuses, but I have to fix my daily driver, and have a slight opening to do some work on my Z for the first time in a month.

Annoyed that I'll miss the workshop, but I hope everyone has a great time.

Just wanted to say thanks to Lurch and his family for the hospitality once again.

Great day and always great catching up with you guys, the exchange of ideas info and general advise at these days is always fantastic and made the 280 km round trip worth it.

Thanks to Scoota also for putting forward the idea.

Dimitri, I left at 6.00pm, everything fitted up well in the end but the boys were having an issue with the "NEW" master cylinder assy.

Cheers

John

John,

the master cylinder was fine.  We had a problem with the rear bleed nipples being on the bottom of the caliper!  :'(

John,

the master cylinder was fine.  We had a problem with the rear bleed nipples being on the bottom of the caliper!  :'(

?????????????????????????????????????

What the "F" ?

How did that effect the back surge?

Most of the rear calipers were air, so when the pressure was released the air would expand faster than fluid would - as air compresses much more than fluid and then rapidly expands to take up much more volume.  Thus a roster tail of fluid back in the reservoir.

The calipers need to be bled while unmounted or have a bleed valve tapped into the top of them.  I know I'd tap in a new valve as it means they could be bled easier and more often: ie after/before each race.

Thanks for you and your folks hospitality Lurch .... and to you and Scoot putting up with us all under-foot while you tried to get something done....

A fun day.

Ross

I can now confirm that there was No problem with air in the system, seems the 'NEW' Master cylinder was faulty and caused all the drama at the end of the day. I replaced it with my old Tokico one and now have a Rock Hard pedal.