Sign in to follow this  
Lurch

2011 John Mott Sandown Sprint - 16/17 July

Thought I could make it but again, ran out of time. Most likely I will be at the Island so I'll probably see you then.

thats pretty bad organising on your part lurch. I have enterd my zed for both days as well as dad is running his car he ll be using for classic adelaide later on in the yeart for both days

Geez I am tempted to take my car for a run. It's been a long time for me now. I will probably come along for a look if the weather is alright. If fine will drive the Zed down. Cheers

Well all  i can say for all the guys that have zeds and live in the Melbourne . You can talk about modifying and hotting up your cars all you like on this forum, but if don't make the effort to do the john Mott, the most lay back and friendliest weekend of racing you will ever get. How can you earn some credability, Regards to the guys with cars in bits, and previous engagements, but make it a must do for next year. Cheers Gordon.

When is the cut off for entries? I may do the Saturday and just take some passengers around.

The weather looks heaps better too! Anyone else wanna join in the fun?

I"M sure they will take entrys on the day ( it"s not fully booked ) but it will cost $200--. but thats for heaps of track time. Bring some extra fuel.

I spoke with Steve today and asked if I could enter on the day, his response was "send your entry in today and I should get it by Friday".

So I did, see you all on Saturday.

Well all  i can say for all the guys that have zeds and live in the Melbourne . You can talk about modifying and hotting up your cars all you like on this forum, but if don't make the effort to do the john Mott, the most lay back and friendliest weekend of racing you will ever get. How can you earn some credability, Regards to the guys with cars in bits, and previous engagements, but make it a must do for next year. Cheers Gordon.

Gordon,

I have a lightly modified 240z & have been around Winton, Phillip Island & Sandown BUT not for The John Mott Sprint does that still make me uncredible.  Many Thanks  Jim

Jim, your credentials are pretty sus when you hangout with a certain ex ben. lad[ 300zx]

My plan was to attend this meeting until the Arizona z brake upgrade hit a snag.

Hopefully next year

Avagoodweeekend all, 

Hey Guy's I was pretty keen to come over and spectate/officiate this year as well as do a bit of 'recce' with a veiw to run next year, but the Alpine is calling.....hopefully we can have a 'Team Tassie' running there next year, I'd love to see Bondy and Mick causing some havic over there!!

Gordon,

I have a lightly modified 240z & have been around Winton, Phillip Island & Sandown BUT not for The John Mott Sprint does that still make me uncredible.  Many Thanks  Jim

Hi Jimbo, that would give you some credibility. I wasant having a crack at the members, just trying to stir up abit of a hornets nest and with any luck get a few more guys down here. The weather is looking good for the weekend. Cheers

Great time Sinisha, you went pass me like a jet, what a fantastic day, there was about 6 or 7 zeds today and my dream car a Porsche GT3 white in color and only 6 m0nths old, beautiful. Next sprint day for me, Phillip Island August the 31st msca in the zed. Cheers.

I was in the gtr, developed some sort of miss or electrical gremlin so was down on power, still got 210kph up the back straight but wasn't pulling 5th gear as I normaly would, and normaly see  about 230kph. Dont no any lap times as was a non sprint day, All cars made it home alive, but some were wounded. Rob Devedish broke a crank in the 240z, ouch.

hey all not a good day for us dads come home with a suspect broken crank shaft will find out tommorrow when its pulled apart what is wrong and i have a server valve issue so looks like it might be a new motor for my car. the joys of racing old datsun fun fun  :( :( will be back out there tommorow morning to help out and spectate

cheers daniel devenish