Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,607 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

http://www.betamotorsports.com/
I recently purchased an R200 spec. OS Giken SuperLok LSD from John Coffey at BMS ('JohnC' on Hybrid).
I highly recommend John for his professionalism, sales support, reasonable pricing & shipping (I used PayPal to pay for it).
John also has many other Z performance products available on the site.

Pictured below is the LSD in question: Part No: NS046-HA
Posted Image
(However it will most likely to need Crown-wheel spacer rings to be able to be fitted correctly).

From BMS:
Four years of extensive research and development lead to a new and revolutionary LSD design with the capacity to house an unprecedented number of friction plates (up to 28 plates in total) and thus the OS Super Lock LSD was born. The increased number of plates directly has not only dramatically improved our LSD design's locking force and enables it to lock fully and completely. An added benefit to being a fully locking mechanism is that less heat is generated, thus resulting in incredible durability. The OSG Super Lock is by far the best LSD we've ever run in our race cars - and we've run Nismo, Quaife, Power brute, and others over the years.

Price was AU$1914 delivered. (As of March 2011)

I will be using BMS again in the future - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

#2 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:13 PM

Yes, he has a good reputation. He does some high strength stub axles for R180 diffs too I think.

#3 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

"John Coffey, like the drink only spelled different."  Sorry.

A couple of good things in there.  I doubt their roll cages would be up to CAMS specs though...

#4 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:49 AM

I have his dual MC setup. Not cheap but very well made and bolt on = I can go back to a booster if I like. If I modified the box/firewall it was a one time deal + others have modified their boxes locally here in NZ and the cost of the fabricators time and parts was almost the same as this unit in the end - again but I have option of moving back to a booster.

#5 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,607 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

Update:
John has wound up BMS & has moved onto other things.
BMS Stub axles - 27 spline for use in Subi late model R180's - are still available from Wolf Creek.

#6 jock

jock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:37 AM

Update:
John has wound up BMS & has moved onto other things.
BMS Stub axles - 27 spline for use in Subi late model R180's - are still available from Wolf Creek.

John still services his Zed customers , only he has now moved in with Benton motors, a company who does bespoke work on Porsches, very nice outfit.

#7 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:36 AM

Hang on,,, haven't a few on here had problems with the BMS stubs, as well as issues with the WC shafts?
And those that have, have gone to SWM, and not had any issues thereafter?

The OS-G Superlock is available out f Japan via others, freight ex USA will be mch higher than direct from Japan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users