Engine Weight Chart

• 2 weeks later...

Good info Scoot, I had considered for awhile, dropping a Jag V12 in one of the Z's, I have 2,.... V12's............and Z's.

weight was a worry.

I dropped a P76 alloy V8 into an Anglia sportsedan  in the 70's, not a lot of BHP but just a tad less Toque than the L34 Torana V8. :)

that really got mobile :)

V12's have alot of torque ::)...............the 300BHP wouldnt go astray either ;D

the V8 Anglia? Amaroo hill climb...........19secs......... Amaroo Main......61's.. only run those 2 as I sold it shortly after....lots of potential :)

V12  Z. still looking at that, I have 2 Jag/ Daimlar V12's and a spare V12. no gearbox...have 2... 2seaters an a 2+2

one 2 seater is getting the L28/P90/webers treatment...........bit like a 240 I had back in 1970ish, webers,E31/L26.....180BHPRW @5000 but have learned abit since then.

I have an early 240 but wont stuff it with mods as some do, all original chassis/engine number, even have the original wheels/wheelnuts/hubcaps.

I saw a Z somewhere with a Jag V12 fitted, 5.2 which I think is a 327? make a good hill climber :)

• 2 weeks later...

What does a stock L24/26/28 weigh? The one in the chart looks like it must only be a four cylinder L-series. Cheers. :)

Rough estimate that should be close to the mark, devide the L4 weigth by 2 and multiply by 3 LOL

Brabham, is that the engine or the other  "person"? LOL

Trying to lift the engine and the other person is even harder I have found ;D They also usually object to being attached to the engine crane ;D

Thanks for the weight picture roastbeef, very informative. Wonder if there is much difference between L24/26/28, the blocks were all they same external dimensions, only bored out, were they not?

Cheers.