#62 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

Wonder how he did that, got on the gas too hard? Car looked quite stable, up until then. Greg, I'm sure you know but your Z has a lot of pitch which would tend to unsettle the car.

#63 Jk_zeder

Jk_zeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Tagline:James

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

Were not 100% on what happened, but a car had just gotten black flagged for spitting tranny fluid out for a lap *shrug*

#64 24 Dat

24 Dat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Tagline:Dave

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

Wonder how he did that, got on the gas too hard? Car looked quite stable, up until then. Greg, I'm sure you know but your Z has a lot of pitch which would tend to unsettle the car.

Aub was dumping loads of gearbox oil, i stupidly thought it was just a tyre rubbing baddly, until i had a moment comming out of Hungry, Tom was not so lucky :)

#65 24 Dat

24 Dat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:35 PM

haha classic - I'll  be sure to link it to him :P

James

hey James where are the photos of the race car in your gallery?

#66 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

Could be front dampers too soft on bump Greg but more likely too soft front springs compared with the rears. See your incar videos when braking.

Yeh Aub said he dropped oil, busted the back out of the diff?

#67 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,607 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Well, where can I start...?!

What a thoroughly awesome week for Jane & myself!
Nearly 4000kms covered. One brilliant track day. Great food & drink, and sensational company!!!

A big thanks to Steve (Chev Z) & Deb for putting us up at 'The Farm' for 2 nights - many thanks for the 'birthday farm stay' you two! :P
To Matt & Allison for the 3 night stay at their lovely Queenslander & for lavishing us with far too much food & drink! (Awesome Omelettes mate!)
To Dusty & Dave for the organisation of the track day & to the rest of the QZCC - fantastic effort guys!
If LapZ is still going in a couple of years, I think we'll be making the trip back up north again...! (I'll need some more HP though...)
I'd rate Lakeside up there with P.I. as my two favourite tracks in Australia now - just a pity it's soooo far away :(

Regards,
Locky & Jane.

Posted Image

P.S. Richard G - why didn't you make an appearance?

#68 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

I find the only way to avoid oil spewing cars and things spinning in front of me is to just pull the finger out and overtake them, as I usually do.
Sounds like all you guys had a ball
Any lap times?
Nothing on bayside, then again I am in Amsterdam, about to board the river cruise boat heading to Bucharest.
Oh yes the red light district is a real eye opener, absolutely amazing, especially for the single fellas

#69 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

Oh, and Lurch, did Matty have a chance to read my pm re you and he visiting my place with my son, for a lookysee at my shed?

#70 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:49 PM

Greg, have a look at getting front springs in the 300 lb or above, the usual suspects, ie King, Eibach, Selbys Fulcrum will sell approx 260 lb, just not enough, and yes other will jump on and say way to high, but, anyway that's my suggestion, oh, and just do one change at a time, and test test test, keep records, lap time charts, tyre pressure charts, tyre choices, track day temps, all in a kids type school exercise book.

Enuf secret tips for now!

#71 zed74

zed74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

Greg, have a look at getting front springs in the 300 lb or above, the usual suspects, ie King, Eibach, Selbys Fulcrum will sell approx 260 lb, just not enough, and yes other will jump on and say way to high, but, anyway that's my suggestion, oh, and just do one change at a time, and test test test, keep records, lap time charts, tyre pressure charts, tyre choices, track day temps, all in a kids type school exercise book.

Enuf secret tips for now!

Trust your enjoying your "European Vacation" Mr Lea! 8)

Your right about springs etc. Jason

Jon & Darrin Siddins have been assisting some of the Gold Coast boys playing at Morgan Park Sprint Series (300 pound front springs one of the first changes!)

Has made a big improvement to their times etc.

Guess I should change my tarmac car sometime (it's had the same suspension setup since it was built in 2004) bilstein shocks & king springs 200 pond upfront & 250 pound rears.

I know its not ideal for trackwork - but it is very nice on tarmac rally!

Some approx. times from the weekend were(sorry to anyone who's time I forgot or misquote!):

Lurch:low 64's
Dave R low 64's
Mike McKelliget low 62's
Greg Ald low 66's
Lee Falkner 59's (one run before is balancer worked loose & could't be tightened!)
Dusty (bang F%#k where's my boy!) :D :'( :P
Robin Evans 65's
Wilbur "silver fox" Graham High 61's
Matt R 64's? (old toyo's)
Jim Milliner (in my z) mid 62's
Me mid 61's
Nev high 60's
Alan Fielding high 60's
Aubrey Hughes 65's

sorry all I can remember anymore!

#72 Jk_zeder

Jk_zeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

hey James where are the photos of the race car in your gallery?

Check em out HERE Dave

James

#73 24 Dat

24 Dat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:42 AM

Check em out HERE Dave

James

Looks S#@T hot  8)! Looking forward to seeing it soon, when do you think that will be?
Cheers
Dave

#74 Jk_zeder

Jk_zeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

Looks S#@T hot  8)! Looking forward to seeing it soon, when do you think that will be?
Cheers
Dave

I'd assume at this stage it'll be mid July. Everything's mostly there just need wheels,tyres and needs to be wired up so we'll be sending it to Robin. Getting close now  :)

James

#75 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

Link to official results, took a while to be published for some reason http://www.natsoft.c...05/2011.LAKE.P1

What happened with a 300ZX beating most of the S30's? Soft :lol:

#76 zed74

zed74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:38 PM

Link to official results, took a while to be published for some reason http://www.natsoft.c...05/2011.LAKE.P1

What happened with a 300ZX beating most of the S30's? Soft :lol:

Yes Richard!

Hard to beat the "silver fox racing crowd" :)

They have the rear wheel HP & the ability to use it wisely!

I met Martin (300zx) who ran 5th -  the other day & he has done very well with what is a very heavy car (compared to the S30).

Wilbur was still feeling his way with the new suspension setup - so I think he has heaps in reserve!

Guess he is awaiting your return to the track to pounce! ;D

#77 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

Richard Graham did well in what is a not particularly powerful well used targa car, Lakeside is all about momentum which involves high corner speeds and that is challenging there to say the least. Power for weight I doubt that Callum's Silvia is any better than the faster S30's yet his corner speeds are which shows in his lap times, no slicks either. If anyone thinks power is everything then stick a LS engine in a S30 and see how you go, there is a lot more to it than that.

Incidentially last year I followed Lee F and could not pull him back on the straight at all but he was just faster through the corners and around the back particularly simply because he kept his boot into it more. Which is why I love Lakeside :)

#78 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,607 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

Not wrong there Dickie.
I was flat to the boards in 4th, through the back kink, under the bridge & down into Hungry - that section gets ones attention real quick!

#79 zed74

zed74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

Not wrong there Dickie.
I was flat to the boards in 4th, through the back kink, under the bridge & down into Hungry - that section gets ones attention real quick!

Oh yea - 4th gear (with 4.4 diff) I just pretended my shift light was broken! :D

The poor "old girl"  was on the shift light (6500rpm) before the "dunlop bridge" and I tried to press on :'( without hurting her too much.

Thanks Richard - the old tarmac car was double entered on the day & I am gratefull it is a "low stress" motor - otherwise I could not punish it the way I do! :)

#80 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

Not wrong there Dickie.

You did well Lurcher, I don't know of any first timer who did the biZness like you did there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users