• 202 posts
  • Tagline:James

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

LapZ at the Lake 2011

Saturday – May 21st, 2011

To all Competitors

Please download and print out the forms from here - click here

Please read all the forms carefully and fill them out neatly

Please send completed license application forms and payments with your entry.

Please only send pages 1 and 2 of the entry form. Pages 3 and 4 are for you to keep.

Please do not send the self scrutineering guide… this is for you to keep as a guide.

Every Driver must fill out a separate entry form.

Please choose your experience level carefully as this will determine which group you are in and who you will be racing with.

The entry fee will be $160 for those who get their forms and payments back to me by 15th April and $185 for payments received between 16th April and 29th April. Carport is included in entry fee.

All fully completed forms and cheques are to be posted to Dustin at:

ZCCQ – Dustin Marshall
P.O. Box 1363
Capalaba, Q, 4157.

Payment options are on the forms. Cheque or money orders to be posted with entry forms.

If payment is going into the Z Car Club Q bank account as a direct deposit then please use your name as reference and write down your reference on the entry form.

If you are entering a car as a dual entry (ie - a car that will be driven by 2 drivers in 2 separate groups) please make a note of the other drivers name on the form (fill out 2 entry forms and pay 2 entry fees)

This year you will be unable to  enter the car as a shared entry (ie - a car that will be driven by 2 drivers in the same group but share the runs – with only 3 timed runs this just will not work)

Acceptance of entries will be at the organizers discretion

Breakfast and Happy Laps

Hot Breakfast
Fresh toast
Fried or Scrambled eggs
Crispy bacon
Gourmet chipolatas
Baked beans
Tea & coffee

$20 per person includes breakfast and 30 minutes to drive around Lakeside Raceway behind a pace car at controlled speed. You can take passengers. (NO helmets)

You are most welcome to take part in this as well as the sprints. You will have time between Happy Laps and the Drivers Briefing.

Those only doing Breakfast and Happy Laps – You still need to fill out pages 1 and 2 of the entry form . You don’t need to worry about a AASA licence info or experience info.

If you have any question please send Dustin Marshall an email or give him a call/txt (leave a message and he will get back to you if he can’t answer the phone)

Dustin Marshall
Vice-President -- Z Car Club Q
duz@tpg.com.au

#2 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:05 PM

Got your entry in? The early bird discounted entry fee offer expires Friday 15 April, after that its full price. And none of us Datto owners like to pay full price do we :)

#3 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

All paid up at the beginning of the month.
Just waiting on a couple of bits and pieces, a bit of work to do on the cooling system to stop it pumping out coolant at big revs and pick up some near new slicks and I'm ready to play.

#4 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:26 PM

Reduce water pump speed? The GMH red coolant is good for stopping pump cavitation too due to its heavier specific gravity than pure water, Toyota and others do similar stuff.

#5 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,725 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:58 PM

Yep. Paied up & accomodation booked ;)

#6 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:06 PM

There is no way my engine job will be finished by then, don't bloody well ask, but I should be there to shit stir and take some video. Anyone going to take some incar video?

#7 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:39 AM

Reduce water pump speed? The GMH red coolant is good for stopping pump cavitation too due to its heavier specific gravity than pure water, Toyota and others do similar stuff.

All sorted, Jim will have a new balancer with underdrive pulley for me in plenty of time to solve the problem. I am also limited to use glycol free only coolants, or plain water, as this is a CAMS requirement for racing.

I will also hopefully have two cameras mounted in the car facing out the front and out the back for a test session for georeferencing video data, and from that a bit of marketing for work. As I will be using the day as a test session, bedding in brakes and generally getting the car sorted for the Pros Sports Championship I think times will be only around the 62's or so. Would like to get into the 60's and the tyres should let me, but I'll save that for the racing, where there is plenty more incentive to go that little bit quicker.

#8 Jk_zeder

Jk_zeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:07 AM

Not sure we'll have the Z there yet it all comes down to money to finish the car.

Worst case I'll be there share driving an R34 so either way I'll be there.

Will be some in-car vids from a few guys for sure.

James

#9 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:37 AM

There are 10 spots left for the sprints people, so if your thinking of entering, enter ASAP.
Cut off date is this Thursday!

http://www.zcarclubq..._lake_2011.html

#10 matty260z

matty260z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

Unfortunately won't be able to race this Saturday with car still being painted, flares fitted etc. But I'll be out taking photos all day. If anyone would like some pics of their car let me know, I'll do my best to capture and edit a few good ones.

#11 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

I'd like a few of mine:

Posted Image

#12 matty260z

matty260z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:34 PM

No worries Lurch, thanks for the pic too so I know what zed to look for.........

#13 Jk_zeder

Jk_zeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:03 PM

I'll be out taking pics all day too.

Unfortunately we couldn't get the car done due to parts taking longer then expected to ship.

#14 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

When do you get here?

Friday night mate.
Apparently it'll be a BBQ & Beers at Matt's place too ;)

#15 tir33d

tir33d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

If you were a nice bloke Lurch you would have offered to pick up my car on the way through. I too will be arriving Friday night.
I still have to get my brake thing sorted...... Changed plans again today now a 6 piston caliper on what is starting at 355mm rotor - will prob end up at @345mm. Unfortunately front only for this weekend. New Kumho v70a arriving tomorrow hopefully. Oil change, new leads and plugs and HAPPY DAYS.

#16 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:13 AM

Yep, as Lurch alluded too, Saturday night will be BBQ and/or beers at my place, Ashgrove, for those interested.

The night will be pretty casual, BYO drinks and meat, we'll fire up the BBQ, or we have one of Brisbane's best pizza shops 2 minutes walk away, and regale each other with tales of how we were be the best, fastest, bravest at Lakeside.

We can even watch our Mark come in second behind that bloody German for the Spanish GP qually.

Sorry it's late notice, but work has been out of control and am currently working 12-13 hours a day plus weekends, not happy!! >:(

Any way for those interested in a good bullshit session after Lapz, PM me and I'll supply address. We'll look at kicking off at around 7 to give everyone a chance to get home from and unpack their cars and scrub up.

Matt

#17 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,137 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

So close to home, it's a bugger I'm just so far away for this!
You guys have a good time, event report required!!

Posted from an iPad idiot in Spoleto Italy!!

#18 1600dave

1600dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

I'd like a few of mine:

Hopefully I can get some in-car video as well for you - we seem to be in the same group.

It'll probably only be a fleeting shot as you scream past though  :-[

#19 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:35 PM

So close to home, it's a bugger I'm just so far away for this!
You guys have a good time, event report required!!

Posted from an iPad idiot in Spoleto Italy!!

So many lines  ;D

Jason will finally be giving those khumos a blat now I have another set of wheels. Also have a new underdriven pulley to stop the coolant being pumped out and catch tank for a sealed cooling system after raiding the hairdresser car.

Brakes are being bedded in for.June meeting and we will be looking good for September in the one hour.

#20 24 Dat

24 Dat

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Tagline:Dave

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

Unfortunately won't be able to race this Saturday with car still being painted, flares fitted etc. But I'll be out taking photos all day. If anyone would like some pics of their car let me know, I'll do my best to capture and edit a few good ones.

Hi Matty 260z and Jk_Zedder,
If you can pls take a few shots of my new 71 240Z #521 Track car on track i would be stoked, ;D i got her just before Easter out of Adelaide and i have been flat out sorting her ever since, she is Gold with Black stripes (don't worry the only gold s30 there).

Sorry to hear you wont have your car there Jk_Zeder i hear it looks fantastic

Cheers
Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users