54 replies to this topic

#41 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:09 AM

Seeing Datsuns at PI don't do incar, apparently :P here is a Mini with some of the best I have ever seen. Note the nice pass by a 1600 at 6:25.

Too much to carry around for us serious racers ::) ::) i would rather have the extra schooner than carry the camera..... ;D

#42 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:44 PM

Seeing Datsuns at PI don't do incar, apparently :P here is a Mini with some of the best I have ever seen. Note the nice pass by a 1600 at 6:25.

Actually I did, I bought a MiCam 508 lipstick cam with a mini dvr,  the week prior,but am still trying to learn how to use it, what with my impediments and all, managed to get the last race in full, it is on a SD card, and no matter how much i try to hit the little plastic SD card into the tiny slots for the usb's on my pc with my estwing builders  claw hammer,  it wont go in!

#43 benny

benny

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:16 PM

your not actually trying to put the card in your usb port are you :o?? If you are you need to but a reader for your card. Buy a mini/micro/standard SD to usb reader, they're only a few dollars!!

Ben

#44 RB30X

RB30X

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

I don't know what's funnier, jasons description of getting the card in or Benny thinking he was serious.

#45 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

Knowing Jason, Benny is quite right to be concerned about fitting a SD card into a USB slot, in fact I'm suprised Jason didn't lose the SD card in the CD carrier!!!! Although he may use that as a drinks holder ;D ;D

#46 RB30X

RB30X

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

So CD doesn't stand for carlton draught?

#47 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

One thinks he has to carry a camera around with him all the time the other wants to poke the camera's memory card in the wrong slot, typical Datsun race car drivers :D

#48 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:34 AM

ha ha ha ha
You boys make me laugh

#49 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:10 PM

your not actually trying to put the card in your usb port are you :o?? If you are you need to but a reader for your card. Buy a mini/micro/standard SD to usb reader, they're only a few dollars!!

Ben

OH NO I am so confused, my brain hurts.
seriously I am not very electronic savvy and I have a severe eyesight problem, but yes they still let me race, differnet issue though it is with  with very close work i am having fun with, ie pc keyboard,  but I use a 22 inch monitor!

I am hunting desperatley for a pair of "Loupes" ????
Loupes, are what a dentist wears when he is gazing into your gaping maw as he attacks your fangs, sort of mini telescopes on a pair of glassed.
Anyone got some they can let me have, yes I am getting annoying, and grumpy

#50 RB30X

RB30X

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

Here you go Jason.............. if you can see them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#51 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,661 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

That's a HUGE grid of Sc cars! :o

#52 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:43 PM

Looking at those pics, check out the notorious Datsun lift at speed. #22 the blue and white Z is not too bad, #71 white Z is terrible and #29 Fairlady is not great either. Compare them with the Porsches and note the contrast, everything else being equal the Porkers are going to be faster simply because they sit on the deck at speed and so gain kph's compared with the Datsuns. Probably helps their high speed handling and braking too.

I would love a SC S30, having a go at Porkers and other Euro stuff is great fun :D

#53 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:47 PM

Looking at those pics, check out the notorious Datsun lift at speed. #22 the blue and white Z is not too bad, #71 white Z is terrible and #29 Fairlady is not great either. Compare them with the Porsches and note the contrast, everything else being equal the Porkers are going to be faster simply because they sit on the deck at speed and so gain kph's compared with the Datsuns. Probably helps their high speed handling and braking too.

I would love a SC S30, having a go at Porkers and other Euro stuff is great fun :D

On gear calc, I'm doing about 240 before I ease off, dab the brakes just to make sure I have something, and then slot back to fourth so i have motive drive through the turn 1 genlte right, yes it is a bit of a brick wall re frontal area, as we have discussed prior!
surprisingly the cars are not too 'floaty" but you do get the sensation of light steering, couple of times it twitched through T1, and a bit of steer correction is bneeded.

You'd love a Sc S30? buy my blue thing, it's for sale, but it would be more fun as a Tarmac car, as Rob Devenish is trying to covince me to set it up for that, and give Sc away.
Why do you think I love driving the T car, only 'cos I can, in the GroupS mob, so much fun, and I just tool around the track even if I have to play with the quick porkers and DeTomato's and Alfa GTV's and occaisional Z car.

The blue/White was Wayne Pott's, ( ex James Flett) it seemed to sell very quickly, at 30 or 35 k$, new owner has to get to grips with Sc racing but!

#54 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:59 PM

Haha, Sc is too logistical intensive for most people to compete in from a Q base. But if I owned a S30, or a sporty, I'd be blocking off say two thirds/three quarters of the radiator mouth and looking at ways to reduce the amount of air venting under the car. By having a rear engine the Porkers don't have air coming in the front, thats a lot of the difference. It basic aero that to reduce high speed lift and drag you minimumise the amount of air flowing through front intake vents and under the car.

#55 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

Haha, Sc is too logistical intensive for most people to compete in from a Q base. But if I owned a S30, or a sporty, I'd be blocking off say two thirds/three quarters of the radiator mouth and looking at ways to reduce the amount of air venting under the car. By having a rear engine the Porkers don't have air coming in the front, thats a lot of the difference. It basic aero that to reduce high speed lift and drag you minimumise the amount of air flowing through front intake vents and under the car.

Sc up here is pretty good, at least 2 HRCC meetings at Morgan Park, maybe one at QR, and maybe one at Lakeside, plus you can run with the same spec in prod sports as a 2F car where there is a 5 round Sprint championship and then a 1 hour enduro at Morgan Park. On top of that there is the Cootha and Noosa Classic hillclimbs.

And then you can worry about heading south for racing ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users