Sign in to follow this  
260Coupe

Replacement heat fan unit ???

Do any of you guys/gals know of a decent fan replacement for a 260z, my 36 year old fan is struggling to push my aircon and it's getting hot in here !!

I was going to try getting the motor rewound but thought that someone may have found a late model fan motor replacement ??

cheers

Al.

Do a search on the net, GOOGLE, but I did read some time ago, I believe on Ebay that a Honda civic motor was a direct replacement.

EDIT: found it

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:DYY7USmD0lwJ:www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D20863+240Z+heater+motor+civic&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&source=www.google.com.au

Alan, I run this civic fan in my car minus the A/C though. It blows a fair bit more air than the standard fan, but still isn't brilliant. 240z ducting is also fairly restrictive, not sure if 260's are better. Centre road has a few civic's and the it was cheap, grab the motor and fan, very easy mod.

Thanks guys...............you just refreshed my memory, I had read about the Honda fan upgrade some time ago............best get me down to wreckers and find me a Honda Civic  !!!

Al.