Photo

Relocating the battery the rear of the car. Couple of Qs.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Wayne G

Wayne G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Tagline:Not So New Member

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:03 AM

Love the fab work and use of space NZeder! My concern would be that annoying seep of oil that catch cans have eventually covering the battery.

As far as mounting the battery in the back of the vehicle, a large wire from battery +ve to starter and large wire to body then large wire from body to engine should suffice.  Large wire needed because of the voltage drop experienced, especially whilst cranking the engine.

Securely mount the battery and then cover it to prevent cargo causing issues ie. something metal touching exposed terminals and letting the smoke out. Everyone knows that electrical systems can't function without the smoke secured inside.

#22 dazzed

dazzed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:07 AM

Are you taking the piss?

not at all  just dont use a acid battery inside the cabin ,bit of sarco there,  Dimetri wrapped it up very well, its a harley davo bike battery and work well , tho i would recomend whilst your at it to fit a isolator switch

#23 Stivva

Stivva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  • Tagline:Hiroshima Screama

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:55 AM

not at all  just dont use a acid battery inside the cabin ,bit of sarco there,  Dimetri wrapped it up very well, its a harley davo bike battery and work well , tho i would recomend whilst your at it to fit a isolator switch

I only ask because I had already stated I run a dry cell, and the Isolator is a big yes. May as well make all the improvements I can while doing this tidy up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users