Gordon Dobie

Sirpent

You really msconstrue things dont you!

Where did I say, what you claim I said???

Read the comment you quoted above.

Nothing whatsoever about requiring a dealer to stamp a catalogue for parts.

My quoted comment was to do with Dato 2000's being given dispensation to fit alternative, and, these alternatives, were never fitted by any dealer, factory, or listed in any Datsun option catalogue.,, in period, or later.

Yes, Gav's thought that a dealer stamping a booklet, may have some sway, unfortunately, not, and I pounted this out.

Bullshit. Gavin's post to you on 20 Dec was at 8.42am, yours to him was first after his at 6.27pm, 9 hours later. Now you say that you were not referring to that post at all. You may fool some people ............

After reading the last few pages, and other threads, are you generally interested in historic racing and trying to help get some more freedoms for S30 cars as per some of the competitiors, or are you just trolling to continue whatever yelling at clouds vendettas you have against certain people on here? ???

Oh for flux sake, all I'm interested in is fact. So if someone deliberately gives false or misleading info then I will have a go at them, not personally like one or two others here including you but  simply in this case to try to get what's required clear. Of course by doing this those whose self interest may be affected get upset at me but I'd rather try to help in the way that I can rather than sneak around in the background like some here do trying to score points when they think the opportunity is there.

Edited by 260DET

It must be the silly season again...

FFS stop fighting you lot, it doesn't achieve anything but bad feeling all round.

The reality check is that you're all about 3-4 decades too late, to find suitable paperwork, if there ever was any useful or usable to be found. No disrespect intended to anyone but the people who sold the cars are, sadly, probably either in their dotage or pushing up the daisies by now, and documentation relating to their businesses and what they sold to who with what mechanicals fitted long gone.

Just race your Zeds against each other, and other 70's cars owned by like minded people. Forget about trying to compete with 'over-priced Volkswagons' with their wide wheeled fat arses.

Edited by gilltech

Yes, I only got involved because it would be good to see S30's compete on a level playing field but realistically that's not going to happen. The time to make a determined effort for improved specs has long gone and going over that failure is not going to change things. Personally I would not spend the money trying to compete with a S30 against Porsche's particularly, a great deal on a race 370Z came up the other day, go chase Porsche's with that or borrow Phil's LS engined 280ZX.

Edited by 260DET

And a serious prod sports 370 will be absolutely flogged by the equivalent porka in legal prod sports trim.

In Queensland I know of one 350 that has been built to, and runs in 2F prod sports, still a work in progress and may or may not win against the 2F MX5's. It's times are slowly coming down and he mixes in the top half of the 2F field.

There is also a 370 that is being built for the Cue Enduro series as a class car, not sure if 2B or 2F spec. There is also a 370 that was running in Prod sports over the last couple of years. I actually considered buying it a few years ago, but didin't have the cash at the time, nor job. This car is slowly coming good after chasing a lot of issues that always happens with a new car that hasn't been run before. I'm not sure what the car is doing, as being off shore most of last year I am now more or less out of the loop in regards to what is happening in Queensland in Prod Sports.with a lot of the cars.

Much prefer a 370 to a 350, I don't know what the Prod Sports rules are but as usual with Nissan the engine would be the problem although if allowed a R35 engine would help. These guys did OK against a Porsche GT3 using the stock 370 block with R35 heads http://www.turnology.com/features/video-how-to-embarrass-a-997-gt3-cup-with-a-nissan-370z/

Flogging a dead horse, for Sc make it strict showroom floor or give the slower cars a choice as to what improvements they would like. Not going to happen I know, absolute self interest rules.

Edited by 260DET

Bathurst 12 Hour, 2018, in around a months time,

Event organiser invited the Group S Historic cars, to race.

It'll be the only time you can actually get to race, at Bathurst, in a old Datun.

Not follow the leader single file stuff,,,

Pity more of the vocal types dont build up competitive Group Sb Datsun 2000's and Sc Datsun Z's

When you study recent Natsoft Race atiming results, the Group S Z's are all up at the pointy end of the field.

A little bit of development, within the regulations set down, shows, from a "more bang from your buck" perspective, a Datsun 2000 Sport, or a Datsun 240/260/280Z, wins out just about every time.

Much prefer a 370 to a 350, I don't know what the Prod Sports rules are but as usual with Nissan the engine would be the problem although if allowed a R35 engine would help. These guys did OK against a Porsche GT3 using the stock 370 block with R35 heads http://www.turnology.com/features/video-how-to-embarrass-a-997-gt3-cup-with-a-nissan-370z/

Flogging a dead horse, for Sc make it strict showroom floor or give the slower cars a choice as to what improvements they would like. Not going to happen I know, absolute self interest rules.

And not legal for Prod Sports so no use comparing apples with apples.

Here are the latest rules for you..... http://docs.cams.com.au/Manual/Race/RA16-Group-2B-2F-Eligible-Comb-2018.pdf

In any case, a car built as a race car from the factory will always beat a car that starts life as a production car only, there are just too many compromises.

However in my case, these changes regarding turbos came just at the right time, more off the shelf "cheap" go fast bits for me like a disco potato and any choice of the huge aftermarket exhaust manifolds available for SR20 turbos.

• 4 months later...