74 and 76 260z For Sale - Brisbane

sexual_sushi

Model: 1974 260 2+2 plus 1976 2+2 shell

Item Condition: Daily driver but needs rustwork

Body: The 74 car has rust in nearly every panel, rear drivers side floor replaced with all new metal bent up into the correct shape, passengers side just a bit of bent metal as the other side took about a week to make. This body is fixable if you are keen however my plan was to transfer everything into the 76 shell:

The 76 shell looks to be fairly rust free, small patch around the rear left taillight holes, some on the top of the door sill (near where you push the weatherstripping on) on the passenger side.

Mechanical: 74 Car running and registered until the 17th of Jan (selling unregistered but can be driven)

76 shell currently has loose rear suspension with wheels, no front wheels

Price and Payment Conditions: $4200 ono $3000 ono

Extra Info: This car has been my daily driver for about 5 years. The body is fairly rusty but included is a tidy shell (plus a few extra guards, hatch etc) which looks to have had the majority of the rust fixed. The best part about this car is that the interior is 99% complete and in fairly good condition. A brand new center console was put in a few years ago along with reupholstered seats and new carpets etc. I was going to transfer all of the parts into the 76 shell and sell the car for a little profit but I have decided to go back to uni this year whilst I work full time. As a result I will have no time or money to work on this car and it will be taking up valuable garage space.

As this was my daily driver, the majority of the components such as suspension, alternator, batteries etc have been replaced quite recently. See the list below for everything that I can think of:

In the past year or so (probably done less than 10000 klms)

New Clutch

New Clutch Master Cylinder

New Clutch Slave Cylinder

Rebuilt Alternator from http://www.kedroncarelectrics.com.au/

New Battery

Rebuilt Brake Booster

New Brake Lines

New Brake Vacuum Lines

Rear Brake cylinders honed and had a kit through them

Rebuilt British SU Carbies (http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,5896.0.html)

Replaced within the last 5 years max:

New Tyres

New Front Shocks

New Rear Shocks

New Thermostat Housing

Replaced Fuel Pump (used)

Replaced Starter Motor (used)

The Interior is one of the more complete I have seen:

New Center Console

Reupholstered Seats

New Carpets

Doors are complete and clean with trim, arm rests with chrome cover trim, winders, black plastic in door handle.

All interior panels are present including plastic panels in rear (some minor cracking).

The only thing that really needs attention is the dash which is cracked like most cars. (I might be able to hook you up with a guy who has a dash with the dash cap for a decent price)

The engine blows smoke under load and leaks a little bit of oil from the rear of the head, this should be rebuilt but still drives.

The gearbox was replaced with Steve's old 5 speed. He bought it as a rebuilt box however it has always whined in every gear except 4th. It has been fine for the past 6 months I have had it installed.

I have probably missed a lot, if you are genuinely interested come have a look and I will tell you as much as I can about the car, rust etc. I've been a member on the forum for a while and I won't try and hide or cover up anything like some of those other freshly painted z's you see for sale.

Here is a an unfinished blog for the car I started a few months ago to keep a full history of the car (tried to fill in as much as I can!)

http://www.shaun-maluga.com/Blogs

Contact Details: Reply to this thread, PM or call OfourOO five8O 8two8

If it doesn't sell I guess I'll just have to do it up!!

74 260z

74_260z_001_Small.jpg

74_260z_002_Small.jpg

74_260z_003_Small.jpg

74_260z_004_Small.jpg

74_260z_005_Small.jpg

74_260z_006_Small.jpg

74_260z_007_Small.jpg

74_260z_008_Small.jpg

74_260z_009_Small.jpg

74_260z_010_Small.jpg

74_260z_011_Small.jpg

74_260z_012_Small.jpg

74_260z_013_Small.jpg

74_260z_014_Small.jpg

74_260z_015_Small.jpg

76 Shell

Shell_With_Guards.jpg

Ok, for that price I will take the yellow one. ;D

No, seriously though it is crap when you have to sell your gear, so good luck with the sale.

I can vouch for Shaun, good honest bloke.

Brad

Ha, I think you will find it is to fund something like an excel or corolla or another very boring daily driver.

Makes it even harder in those circumstances hey mate. Understand the motives though mate and your probably doing the smart move in the long run.

Haha yeah I ended up buying a little swift to drive to work and I filled out my uni application today so I will have no time to work on cars for at least the next 3 years :(

I have my first z project still sitting in Dad's shed so if I sell the white car I can focus on that one at least.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have had a few guys interested in either just the shell or just the white car. If you were interested in one or the other send me a pm with your offer and I'll see if I can work something out.

Cheers

Shaun

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes sold to a great new family! I'm glad that the White Knight will get a new lease on life (yes Zac, you have to call it the White Knight ;) ).

Good to see another young'n with the z bug too, all the best with the build and make sure you start a build thread!

Yes sold to a great new family! I'm glad that the White Knight will get a new lease on life (yes Zac, you have to call it the White Knight ;) ).

Good to see another young'n with the z bug too, all the best with the build and make sure you start a build thread!

With all the Valiants the White Knight should fit in, but then again, it may offend us Chargerphiles  ;D