WANT AN ACCURATE SUPERCHEAP AUTO PRICE INSTEAD OF RISKING GETTING A INXPERIENCED

kobes

Hey Guys,

Been in the Parts Department & managing for Over 5 Years now, And i am sure we all have experienced the blank looks and unconfident replies to a question when dealing with any parts department, Believe me, I feel your frustration, all to often new faces pop as the retail industry seems to fly through people, with different levels of experience and enthusasism especially with this mining boom offering big wages.

What I would like to offfer to the forum, ( and i do check on here often in work time), Is if you have a part number and want to check out the price, or doubt the availability status been given drop me a question in the thread and i will answer it best i can.

Like I said, After working with our systems for last 5 years, and a enthusasism for zeds, I can often use my experience to get a result where a person not so interested may miss.

In whole, I am not saying that i can give you a discount, Just if you want a reliable price, or knowledge if we can get you a part number, give me a try, certainly i not perfect, but at least you will know someone that cares is giving it a shot and will tell you straight up, either i can not find it, or make sure you are getting the best info you can :)

Figured it worth at least offering.

are we asking for parts here?

im about to get new master cylinder, so what can you do on the 3 possible options.

JB1133 - 240/260z 7.8"

JB1361 - 280zx S1 15/16"

JB1419 - G60 Patrol 1"

i also want to convert my dissy to electronic, any chance of a brand new dissy to suit? i havent researched in depth yet, but i think the 280zx s1 is the way to go, or maybe l24e from a skyline? can you get the pertronix kits to convert a points to electronic?

thanks.

are we asking for parts here?

im about to get new master cylinder, so what can you do on the 3 possible options.

JB1133 - 240/260z 7.8"

JB1361 - 280zx S1 15/16"

JB1419 - G60 Patrol 1"

i also want to convert my dissy to electronic, any chance of a brand new dissy to suit? i havent researched in depth yet, but i think the 280zx s1 is the way to go, or maybe l24e from a skyline? can you get the pertronix kits to convert a points to electronic?

thanks.

No probs with asking in here, actually it is quite helpful as others may be able to assit in other area's. At the moment I will PM you with an answer of prices As we can get in all three however the price is a little steeper than what i thought. So expect the prices to be with you in a few moments.

In regards to the electronic Dizzy, from what i have read it is one of the best things you can do, however i have limited personal knowledge on the fact as the REV had already installed one in REVZED for me. It is not Something i have seen as an aftermarket part, will have a little look but doubt i will have luck on this one.

JB1133 - 240/260z 7.8"

Part Number : JB1133

Supplier : ATAP

Brand : Protex

sell : $ 91.95

JB1361 - 280zx S1 15/16"

Part Number : JB1361

Supplier : ATAP

Brand : Protex

sell : $181.00

JB1419 - G60 Patrol 1"Part Number : JB1419

Supplier : BPA

Brand : reliance

sell : $153.00

All these items are order in, we do not hold in store

So is around 9.95 freight fee to get into the store, however this is only per order, not per item so if you have multiple items you need to order in you can for the same freight charge

You can get these from your local Supercheap Store at this price.

However As there is so many people looking into this I will spend some more time looking into more options

Thanks to Kobes, I was able to make a little more sense down at my local today.

I advised them to check with a certain distributor and what a surprise we can get them at the price Kobes said, although initially he tried to sting me double post until I mentioned once again what Kobes had said and he corrected himself.

I also signed up for a trade discount card to get a % discount according to how much I spent there from now on.

Thankyou very much. 

Thanks for the follow-up remarks RB30x, glad i could save you a few dollars. Feel Free to post the amounts if you like how much you purchased them for, at the moment i am trying not to post in open forum the prices when supplying prices to members, incase some  muppet tries to use it as quote like 2 months down the track. But people certainly can post what they got for if they like.

Glad you also took advantage of the newish trade discount, you should find it gives you 10% off the rrp of 90% of stuff in store. There is a little disclaimer in there some-where if you don't spend over a certain amount they may not continue it when it comes upfor renewal in a year or two, but certainly is handy have. 

• 2 weeks later...

;) Thats good news for me to Kobe as I get most of my bits n pieces from Auto One with a discount & sometimes I go to Supercheap. But if you can go to that much trouble for everyone i'll change my suppliers.

Regards : Alan.  ;D

• 1 month later...

odd question for you Kobes (or anyone else who would know)....

have ordered the 15/1 early 280zx master from Supercheap Mentone a week or two back and haven't heard a peep out of them.

Last I heard the supplier had not told them a shipment date.

Any idea on the turnaround on these things?

As I couldn't find the part at my local brake guy and he said they were no longer available.....having paid and needing it in the next week or so I am starting to wonder.

Huw

i checked the pbr website it stated that it is no longer availible the part number is JB1361. give your local store a call and ask them what is going on give them the part number and see if the parts match up alternativly call me at my store on (02) 6024 3733 and ask for paul as i can check for sure if it is still avialible or not.

cheers pauly

Hey Pauly, thanks for the offer. Better Brakes confirmed for me that PBR no longer has the part.

I also spoke with Supercheap Auto again today (2-3 weeks after ordering and paying for the part) and insisted that they call the supplier. According to Supercheap Mentone, who called the supplier this afternoon (after some hassling)  ATAP (Protex) has discontinued the 15/16 Brake MC.

Huw

Hey kobes , i rang up a well known auto store last week to purchase a brake master cylinder for a 1970 240z , they tell me it is no longer available, and that later 240 and 260 are different, i thought bit odd,  so i checked a later one against the 1970 model one and sure enough they are different, i still havnt obtained one yet, would you mind checking up on that for me , thanks ,Dazzed

• 3 years later...