#61 stevofoxono

stevofoxono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Tagline:My quarter life crisis car Z

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:47 PM

LOL thats cool XD, Just have to hope someone wanting to bore out their l28 doesn't drive past that :P Mail and more power, best of both worlds lol

#62 GongZ

GongZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Tagline:Watanabe wannabe

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:53 AM

I moved to the 'Gong (Wollongong NSW) from Sydney in 2007 - and I love it here!

Add a Z and voila - GongZ.

#63 zipZom

zipZom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

Zip is for fast, as in zippy doo da. see also; zipitty zipster.
Zom is short for Zoom, like zoomity zoom zoom. SO my
screen name means very fast. angies list

#64 Scoota G

Scoota G

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Tagline:Mark

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

Zip is for fast, as in zippy doo da. see also; zipitty zipster.
Zom is short for Zoom, like zoomity zoom zoom. SO my
screen name means very fast.

With a capital Z!!

#65 dat240z

dat240z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
  • Tagline:RB25det powered 240z - willwoods - coils - engineered

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Good read... although makes me feel S#$@ about my boring name now. Self explanitory and un imaginative. Ive used it for almost everything since being online but i guess in this communitty its a bit plain:)

And I dare not use any names the oldies gave me when i was little......

Going to start to brainstorm... I guess like superheroes or rappers do when deciding a name.

#66 nizm0zed

nizm0zed

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Tagline:260z coupe in slow build, Now with RB25DE powah!!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

Going to start to brainstorm... I guess like superheroes or rappers do when deciding a name.

D-Shizzle?
24 ounce?
Zed-Man! Able to race worthless hondas from every stop light!

#67 dat240z

dat240z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
  • Tagline:RB25det powered 240z - willwoods - coils - engineered

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

24 ounce does have a ring to it. I think my uncle said that was slang for them back in the day?

D Shizzle, haha. Id need animal print and felt all inside. Plus a bling wheel, grillz and 1000 spoke gold 24's, and i guess a 'piece' to go with the theme, oh and maybe a giant wall clock as a pendant.

Z Man i think should be saved for the owner/manager/running operator or most passionate person on this site.

#68 boyblunda

boyblunda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

1978 was my novice year when I began car rallying in a Datsun P510. My very first event was a full on 1500+ kilometre Australian Rally Championship event where we won our class due more to knowledge of the rules and late time limits than driving skill. In fact I drove that event on less than 24 hours notice after substituting my original entry as a co driver which was withdrawn due to the brand new car being totalled the day before the event (please do not ask for this long story).

The sponsor of the original car was mildly impressed with what looked like a promising start to my rally career and was considering transferring his sponsorship from the totalled car to my car.

As a sweetener I offered to drive him while he navigated for me in a clubman (introductory) event. We had a few lessons about navigation events etc and we started the event as car #1 – numbers having been drawn from a hat.

I could not believe my luck when the route took us up to an area that I knew extremely well. We drove through stages that bordered my uncles’ farms, down realignments I had known about since I was a kid, down roads that I practiced on etc. I knew these roads so well that the navigator only had to work out where we had to go and I could drive the stage while he worked out the next stage on the map. Not only that, but I knew the roads so well that I could drive blind on the bends, through puddles and in a general at a pace that my normal level of bravery and skill did not allow for.

My navigator and possible future sponsor was awesome and was totally on the ball. We were creaming the event and at the start of the last competitive stage we had not incurred a single time penalty and were ten minutes ahead of our nearest rival in a field of about 40 cars.

Part way into the last stage we popped a fan belt but we elected to continue as a calculated risk thinking we had to protect our lead in the short distance to go, The short story is that we finished without penalty driving on a flashlight but cooked the motor but that was all worth it due to the fact that we thought we had won.

Regrettably, in all the excitement I had made an error on booking in earlier in the event and incurred a penalty for early arrival which cost us the lead and relegated us to third place.

In the space of a single clerical error I had gone from Boy Wonder to BOY BLUNDA.

Fortunately my sponsor was sufficiently impressed to continue his sponsorship for 9 years. Boy Blunda was the moniker painted on my door by the sponsor and for the rest of my rallying I continued to amuse the Western Australian rallying fraternity with my disasters eg. not finishing an event for two seasons without an electrical problem, completely rewiring the car and replacing all of the gauges only to have an electrical short start a minor fire on the very first event after the rewire, navigating for other people who then had electrical problems and so the list goes on.

Have used Boyblunda ever since and on this and ClassicZ sites.

#69 Cozza

Cozza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Tagline:Datsun obsessed

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

Boyblunda that's a great story and obviously leads me to ask, what happened to the first car?

Mick

#70 Patch

Patch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

Good story boyblunda .
Mines pretty simple, I run an embroidery business with the wife, I do the computer side and we make patches for the bike clubs we belong to.
I use the same name on all the forums and clubs I belong to.

#71 MaygZ

MaygZ

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,7841.0.html
  • Tagline:We all started somewhere. Where are you Lurch???

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

Mine's quite dull, sorry.

I've been known as Maygs my entire life as it is a shortening of my surname.  My older brother had it and I was known for a lot of my schooling as Little Maygs - until about 3rd form when I was taller than the original.  He was prepared to accept little Maygs as his nickname, so for a little while I was young Maygs.

So when it came Zed ownership it logically morpfed into MaygZ.

#72 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

Mine's quite dull, sorry.

Tis not the story that's dull.............

But BoyBlunda, that's a good one  ;D

#73 Gordo

Gordo

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Tagline:Racing member.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

It's as simple as the two cars I have in the shed. The GTR and 240.

#74 Stivva

Stivva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  • Tagline:Hiroshima Screama

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

Stivva is short for Steven

#75 pauly_adams

pauly_adams

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

well mines bland but original my name thats all ;)

#76 boyblunda

boyblunda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

Thanks for the comments above. I was never much more than average driver but I really enjoyed my time rallying and the teamwork required in that sport. I scared the pants off a number of navigators and had a great time until they changed some rules in the mid 80's which lead me to sell my reshelled car to young guy who totaled it after a few months. It was a bit of a coincidence that the wreck was seen by one of my service crew members who swooped on the good parts and saw them off to a good home.
My original shell was knackered by 1982 and I began I rebuild project which resulted in a car that was truly beautiful - one that a State Champion driver said he could another championship to his achievements if I was to lend it to him. The old rolling shell and cage was sold to a talented local identity as a wreck - he stuck a rotary motor in it and became the only Dazda to ever win a WA State Rally Championship.
I currently have three licensed zeds - one a sporty two seater that I am overjoyed with. A 2+2 for touring and another 2+2 for chasing cows around the paddock. Will post in another thread with pics once I learn how ro reduce the size of photo files.
Love the info and support I receive from this forum. Thankyou to those who contribute out there.
Best regards
Dave

#77 silverz

silverz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

I don't think I need to explain my user name.

Love your stories Boyblunda. You are lucky to live in such a beautiful  part of the world. I grew up in WA, my parents live in Mt Barker.

Regards
Peter

#78 Racer Z

Racer Z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Website:http://qwildurn.game-host.org:8080/EscargotRacing/index.html

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

My race car is a Datsun 240Z.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users