• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all as the subject as suggests

OLDZMAN

old    ( when i joined thought i would have been older than most on here, iam 45 might have to change my nic )

Z      (self expanertary)

man ( that what i was born a male )

Loui

OMG Loui me too!!!  'cept I've got 10 years over you young fella  :D

• 2 weeks later...

When I bought my first zed there was a massive sticker on the back windscreen that said "LUNATIC" ..

Despite not normally being my thing I left the sticker (it looked pretty neat) and named that car Luni.

There was one on the front too that said "GO DATTO GO" .. but that sticker had to go.

Second Zed now and being agry at the passing of my first zed (a sad story I'd rather not recount), I named my second car in its honour.

So its not really my screenname .. moreso i just post on here on behalf of Luni whenever he is in need of attention.

G'day Guy's, I'm back on air.....we broke the internet USB jigger thingy...anyway top read. Mines very simple, Down here in Tas Datsun 1600's are/were nicknamed Rat's and mine is blue. Back in the early '90's you weren't cool unless you had a fluro green or orange 'go the rat' sticker on the back window of your 1600. So if I ever get the Zed back on the track I better change my name to RedZed...or if a 1600 is a rat a Zed must be a Capybara so make it Redcapybura. Yep I just had a very strong coffee.

So Scando when will we see a huge Scandinavian flick into the hairpin at Symmons?

post-1057-144023608087_thumb.jpg

So Scando when will we see a huge Scandinavian flick into the hairpin at Symmons?

haha, too many walls there for me.  I've done a few over the hump when I've had too much bias on the rear, especially in the wet.

When are we going to see the RAT 510 plates on the road?

LOL I better have a serious chat with my accountant..Is he clever enough to claim throttle bodies, forged slugs and race pads for the Hiace? Or about the same time a Z32 gearbox arrives at a well known Hounville workshop...

I have been busy, do you like my new LD Crank letter box?

post-1057-144023608278_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Good read... although makes me feel S#$@ about my boring name now. Self explanitory and un imaginative. Ive used it for almost everything since being online but i guess in this communitty its a bit plain:)

And I dare not use any names the oldies gave me when i was little......

Going to start to brainstorm... I guess like superheroes or rappers do when deciding a name.

24 ounce does have a ring to it. I think my uncle said that was slang for them back in the day?

D Shizzle, haha. Id need animal print and felt all inside. Plus a bling wheel, grillz and 1000 spoke gold 24's, and i guess a 'piece' to go with the theme, oh and maybe a giant wall clock as a pendant.

Z Man i think should be saved for the owner/manager/running operator or most passionate person on this site.

1978 was my novice year when I began car rallying in a Datsun P510. My very first event was a full on 1500+ kilometre Australian Rally Championship event where we won our class due more to knowledge of the rules and late time limits than driving skill. In fact I drove that event on less than 24 hours notice after substituting my original entry as a co driver which was withdrawn due to the brand new car being totalled the day before the event (please do not ask for this long story).

The sponsor of the original car was mildly impressed with what looked like a promising start to my rally career and was considering transferring his sponsorship from the totalled car to my car.

As a sweetener I offered to drive him while he navigated for me in a clubman (introductory) event. We had a few lessons about navigation events etc and we started the event as car #1 – numbers having been drawn from a hat.

I could not believe my luck when the route took us up to an area that I knew extremely well. We drove through stages that bordered my uncles’ farms, down realignments I had known about since I was a kid, down roads that I practiced on etc. I knew these roads so well that the navigator only had to work out where we had to go and I could drive the stage while he worked out the next stage on the map. Not only that, but I knew the roads so well that I could drive blind on the bends, through puddles and in a general at a pace that my normal level of bravery and skill did not allow for.

My navigator and possible future sponsor was awesome and was totally on the ball. We were creaming the event and at the start of the last competitive stage we had not incurred a single time penalty and were ten minutes ahead of our nearest rival in a field of about 40 cars.

Part way into the last stage we popped a fan belt but we elected to continue as a calculated risk thinking we had to protect our lead in the short distance to go, The short story is that we finished without penalty driving on a flashlight but cooked the motor but that was all worth it due to the fact that we thought we had won.

Regrettably, in all the excitement I had made an error on booking in earlier in the event and incurred a penalty for early arrival which cost us the lead and relegated us to third place.

In the space of a single clerical error I had gone from Boy Wonder to BOY BLUNDA.

Fortunately my sponsor was sufficiently impressed to continue his sponsorship for 9 years. Boy Blunda was the moniker painted on my door by the sponsor and for the rest of my rallying I continued to amuse the Western Australian rallying fraternity with my disasters eg. not finishing an event for two seasons without an electrical problem, completely rewiring the car and replacing all of the gauges only to have an electrical short start a minor fire on the very first event after the rewire, navigating for other people who then had electrical problems and so the list goes on.

Have used Boyblunda ever since and on this and ClassicZ sites.

Good story boyblunda .

Mines pretty simple, I run an embroidery business with the wife, I do the computer side and we make patches for the bike clubs we belong to.

I use the same name on all the forums and clubs I belong to.

Mine's quite dull, sorry.

I've been known as Maygs my entire life as it is a shortening of my surname.  My older brother had it and I was known for a lot of my schooling as Little Maygs - until about 3rd form when I was taller than the original.  He was prepared to accept little Maygs as his nickname, so for a little while I was young Maygs.

So when it came Zed ownership it logically morpfed into MaygZ.