22 replies to this topic

#21 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:01 AM

Yeah I will only have 2 x 2 5/8 round gauges down near the console.

#22 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:57 PM

My last 240z has the fuel press gauge there :) so that is an options again too thanks for the reminder. There is also the glove box too - have them angled toward you/driver and just open the door when on the track to see the fuel pressure, volts.

I am with Craig I think I will install were the radio goes leaving the heater and vents along - it will be a tight fit for 3 x 2 5/8 gauges but I will make it work.

Gee you must'nt be driving fast  ;D

I'd be lucky to see the tacho when I'm on the track. I'm slowly being convinced big lights are the way to go!!!

having said that, I do like to have quality guages to see what's happening after or before the event, though looking at the oil pressure guage is acary after a race and you're idling back into the pits.....

#23 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:19 AM

Gee you must'nt be driving fast  ;D

I'd be lucky to see the tacho when I'm on the track. I'm slowly being convinced big lights are the way to go!!!

having said that, I do like to have quality guages to see what's happening after or before the event, though looking at the oil pressure guage is acary after a race and you're idling back into the pits.....

Off topic but I did not say I look at them all the time :D - the fuel press was good to glance at on the exit of a corner (when no traffic was around) and you would be surprised how much surge effects the fuel press.

You are right though on the track you don't use them much but that is good thing about these units - peak and hold memory and external warning lights ;) The gauges also have an LED in them (if don't want a large F-off external warning light hooked up) so you can get the warning of issues then glance at the unit to see the reading. And with the memory - back in the pits see what the highest reading was during the session 8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users