Regularity back on at Easter at bathurst 2011

tir33d

I was up at Bathurst this weekend with the Bathurst Light Car Club and they announced that the same mob that runs the 12 hr has gained the rights to the easter weekend. FOSC will be at Eastern creek. Apparently they will limit to 45 cars per event and there will be a practice, qualifying and then 3 races/events.

Cost at $770. I have already expressed my interest and will be running my LS1 280zx. Even booked a room at Citigate (the hotel at the end of Conrod) cost $250 per night for a really nice room capable of sleeping 5. This hotel is almost already fully booked.

Apparently you only need a level 2s cams licence (paperwork and cost only) fire extinguisher and car that would pass general scrutineering (if you saw my car you would understand its not about being registration worthy - just safe)

Would be a great chance to go full noise around a iconic track.

We just had the speed weekend where we run down Conrod on Saturday and did the Mountain straight hillclimb today.

I can't wait..................

They are also running some different categories including a one hour enduro for Prod Sports, unfortunately not enough time for me to upgrade my licence to a full circuit licence, no provisional licences allowed (CAMS requirements becuase of the track), so will have to wait, also the $2,200 entry fee per car for the enduro is a bit much for me at the moment.

This is what the one hour enduro will get in terms of track time:

30 minutes practice, drivers can swap

30 minutes qualifying - drivers

30 minutes qualifying - co drivers

30 minute race - drivers

30 minute race - co drivers

one hour enduro

So for each car the $2,200 will get you 2 1/2 hours track time, so not bad value.

One of the other categories I know of is Improved Production, but the entry fee for them is unknown as is the track time.

Greg,

When you look at what the utes and other support categories paid to be at the October race and the entry fees to run support at the 12 hour, you get, $2,200 for 2 1/2 hours track time at Bathurst in a proper 1 hour race and 2X half hour races, thats not bad, or 1.5 hours of racing plus 45 minutes of practice and qualifying for $1,100 per driver I know what I'd be paying for  ;D

When I last saw what entry fees were for the utes, it was a lot more for an entry fee and it is a closed shop, and pretty much the same for most of the categories that get to run at Bathurst at the October and 12 hour meetings.

The regularity fees look to be similar to FOSC. The other categories will probably be paying less because they won't have the one hour race that Production Sports Cars do.

Yeah it is a matter of opinion. But I don't get your comment "Regularity fees look to be similar to FOSC?". We paid

around $750 and received about an hour of track time. What do you think they are charging for regularity? Is there a link to their info?

The information I copied from the organisers site has the following:

The driveBathurst  "Back 2 Back" entry fee is $2,815 inc GST.

The driveBathurst  "Early Bird" entry fee is $2,985 inc GST.

The driveBathurst  "Easy Payment" entry fee is $3,155 inc GST.

The driveBathurst  "Standard"entry fee is $3,415 inc GST

If I could get in for $1100 I would be happy but even at $2200 it is too much for me.

Greg,

The $2,200 entry fee is for flag to flag racing by Production Sports Cars with CAMS 2B and 2F log books and the drivers must have a full national circuit racing licence.

The regularity entry fee looks to be around the same as FOSC at the $750 mark going by what Tir33d put up in the first post. This would be what you did last year on your 2S Cams licence.

Other racing categories may or may not be charged the same as Prod Sports or the regularity guys, there isn't a lot of info up yet. Saloon cars are being charged an entry of $1,540 according to their entry form, but I don't know what track time they are getting. So for a cost of $1,100, providing you can get someone to trust you to drive their car, it is pretty good value.

I would be there if I had a full licence, but unfortunately don't have the budget to race at least 3 times in NSW and Vic plus what maybe one meeting a Warwick to get the upgrade in time, so will have to wait until 2012 to have a crack at Bathurst for an hour long enduro.

The "driveBathurst" prices quoted above are for the "TrackCorp" event (which I think was run last month??), which seems to me to be aimed at the, um, more "upmarket" sector - small fields, high prices.

The one next Easter is apparently being run by the people who organise the Bathurst 12 hour - ie not "TrackCorp". They were indeed touting for regularity competitors at the Bathurst Light Car Club supersprint / hillclimb event on the weekend. Here's a link to info about the event http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2010/11/22/third-major-race-confirmed-for-mount-panorama/

I agree with FOSC being great value. Including "Masters" sessions, practice and actual regularity events I got around 2 hours track time for my $700. Even the BLCC weekend just gone cost me $240 for around 10 minutes track time. Would have been even less track time, but I'm slower than most  :-[

I was intending to head to Eastern Creek next Easter, but if the opportunity arises to get a decent amount of tracktime at Mt Panorama for a reasonable fee I reckon I might take it while its there for the taking - as we have seen, it doesn't pay to take events at Mt Panorama that are open to L2S licence holders for granted.

And tir33d, loved your car on the weekend !! Especially the wheels  ;) I was there in my pale green Datto 1600.

I'm waiting for my mate to send me some of the footage he took of my efforts. Funniest part for me was when I completed a full donut 360 with a hell of alot of smoke in the chase on Saturday and still managed to win my race against a MX5. Then of course there was my first run on Sunday where I went across the finish line at a 45' angle at about 130km/h. Apparently I was a crowd favourite.

On a more serious note, I think I have now started a very slippery slope. Gonna send my z of for a proper exhaust with 1 3/4 primaries, 4 into one with probably twin 2.5 out before passenger wheel - am willing to cut open the floor and box over it to keep it covered. Then we are gonna fix some issues I have with my fuel system and put a victor jnr single plane manifold. Might try to get a gearbox, diff and engine oil cooler. Then, wife and funds permitting we may do a new motor at 408 cube 12 to 1. gonna aim for 500hp at the treads.

Also need to figure out some downforce on the front end as by god this thing was getting light at and above 200.

Well that does sound much better. But the details are still sketchy. If the details aren't firmed up it will become more and more dificult to make it happen for me. IF anyone has a link to more details about the regularity please let us know.