Sign in to follow this  
Huw

hand throttle and choke assy

Hey

I've just discovered that a box of parts has gone walkies to some unknown part of the world/garage :oops: . it was almost empty but am now short the assembly for my 71 Zed's hand throttle and choke (the brackets (for under arm/console bit) and black levers. I've been told you can get the levers from nissan but does anyone have any idea for the bracket sections?

Cheers

Huw

Huw,

I have a 73 240Z which only has a choke cable, whereas i think you have throttle as well.

I am sure Nissan sells them for around $20 each (I could be wrong).

I am not sure if i understand you correctly, but dont screw the levers up into the console, otherwise it will break eventually. I made up a bracket using old tinplate that i screwed down onto the transmission tunnel near the ashtray area, then i screwed the choke lever to this bracket. It all lines up perfect with the slot in the console, but this way the pressure and force is on the bracket, not the expensive plastic console.

So yeah, just make the bracket yourself.

Huw try Ebay I always see goodies like this on ebay in the states. At time of posting this link was correct. http://motors.search.ebay.com/240z_Interior_W0QQcatrefZC3QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfclZ3QQfposZQ5AIPQ2fPostalQQfromZR2QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsacatZ33694QQsadisZ200QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbs

If what your after isn't there it will more than likely be there in the next few days. :D

I'm also looking for stuff for Zeds in the states all the small bits im missing like trim and stuff like that. I've noticed alot of people selling really well polished valve covers and have been thinking of getting one.

It seems a far better alternative than trying to find this stuff in Australia. :roll: