Early 240 Blinker / Parker lights

WA240Z

Hi all,

I have a 73 240z with the extra orange blinkers mounted on the bumper bar. Question for early 240 owners, are the blinkers working through the park lights, i.e. no park lights, or is there two separate globes in the early park lights?

I would like to change mine to get rid of the extra blinkers to create a cleaner look.

Well i'm going to unusually critical here... it all looks a bit busy hey?

The side strips i would ditch.

Door refectors / protectors, Yuk.

Front chrome strip on bonnet ... gone.

Mirrors. well Nup.

I think the indicators are fine it's just all the other add ons that make it suffer, love the color but it's just so unusual.

Mirrors are very 80's cheap ones like i had on mine when i bought it.

Hey it's just my opinion. Still a very nice ride just dosen't need all that bull crap on it.

Well i'm going to unusually critical here... it all looks a bit busy hey?

The side strips i would ditch.

Door refectors / protectors, Yuk.

Front chrome strip on bonnet ... gone.

Mirrors. well Nup.

I think the indicators are fine it's just all the other add ons that make it suffer, love the color but it's just so unusual.

Mirrors are very 80's cheap ones like i had on mine when i bought it.

Hey it's just my opinion. Still a very nice ride just dosen't need all that bull crap on it.

Scoota G,

I agree with your comments, mind you I have lived with them for some time now. I am finally getting around to getting the car looking and going exactly how I want it rather than just keeping it in good condition mechanically.

Currently looking for OEM left and right door mirrors.

But back to my original question of the early blinker / parker lights, what was the setup?

i removed seperate indicators and fitted h4 halgeon lights with park lights inside headlights then got set of amber lenzes and fitted them to park light enclosures cleaned up look of car

orginally bought second hand jap import amber lenzes but recently found spare set on ebay in states so bought some as spares

has worked well for me

mick

The early 240Z indicators had the single globe but with the 21W/5W dual filament. One for park/position and the 21W for the indicator which was white with no internal amber lens.

Thanks for the info Zedman240, exactly what I was after.

Cheers,

Billy.

Hi all,

I have a 73 240z with the extra orange blinkers mounted on the bumper bar. Question for early 240 owners, are the blinkers working through the park lights, i.e. no park lights, or is there two separate globes in the early park lights?

I would like to change mine to get rid of the extra blinkers to create a cleaner look.

There are two seperate globes in the early park lights. 

Those bar mounted indicators only came on the 73 model like yours so I'd keep them; they are unique for your model.

(read this many many years ago) Back in the day there was a boat load of Zed's fitted out for the UK market, when it got there there was some form of strike at the docks.  Nissan sent the ship to Australia (being the biggest right hand drive market outside of Japan).  Therefore there some cars in OZ in euro sec guise (there was only one or two differences) indicators being the obvious one.

• Moderators

In my 240Z now I have some 260Z indicators fitted with the 2 seperate globes, but kept safely for a rainy day I have my original restored front indicator lights with only one bulb holder. I can take a pic if needed.

I have a '73 with those indicators too except they are supposed to be on the top of the bumper. I am in teh same position as you are in having to ditch them some how.

One idea is to run the split lens 260Z park/indicators or just wire the flasher wire into the park lights.

G,day WA240z ,  My 11/72 has the orange blinkers the same as yours but mine are mounted above the front bumper not underneath like yours...Jim

Just by way of confirmation,

I also had an 11/'72 240Z that I bought in '78. The orange blinkers were mounted on top of the bumpers..............and I thought they looked fine.

Pete.