Future Plans for Viczcar

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,394 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:05 PM

Hi everyone,
In an attempt to improve the offerings of Viczcar as a club and resource for S30 & and S130 owners. We are looking into organizing events on a regular basis. This will assist our members in getting to know each other better and assist each other with their projects and goals.

In the past we have organized drive days and local bar meetings, but often it is too late notice or many members have prior plans well in advance. We are looking into regular events such as possible track days and social meetings on a quarterly basis.

We are proposing a quarterly meeting at possibly the Jag Club located in Springvale (Eastern Subs). This venue is an ideal place for such a meeting because of the secure parking and the ability to put one or two cars on display inside close to the bar. This would enable members to discuss their cars to attendees including work carried out, modifications made & future plans in detail. This would be great for many of our members to share their experience with others in an informal environment.

We would also be looking at sponsorship for the club & in return we would be happy to provide the sponsor with advertising on our website and other perks such as a banner at meetings or events. Or we could even include a watermark on pictures from events that go onto our website.

At this stage we are looking for the opinions of our members since you are what makes Viczcar. We are open to ideas and suggestions including another possible meeting location or other events we could offer.

Once we have collected some thoughts and ideas from you. We will use this information to form the basis of the agenda for future meeting to discuss these ideas in person and get the ball rolling for a 2007 agenda.

#2 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:53 PM

This sounds like a great idea Gavin. I will be up for a meeting. Would be good to catch up with fellow Zed owners and hear from the owner of a quality Zed talk about their mods while their car is on display.

#3 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:04 PM

The Jag Club sounds like a great option for the fact we can get a car in front of the bar for others to pick up tips on and I believe it's tucked away with secure parking for other members cars attending???
It would be good to get a couple more venues or ideas on offer and perhaps we can vote on a favourate and then we can work out the dates for next year!

OK all you fellas from Melbourne this especially concerns YOU! :wink:

Cheers
Sulio

#4 Bruce

Bruce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:46 PM

Here is some alternate venues currently used by some other car clubs:
NCCA meet at the Tower Hotel in Hawthorn East,
MUCC meet at Bells Hotel in South Melbourne.
These are provided free but don't allow for you to display your cars and particularly the Tower isn't very secure, (we have had a few members get things stolen out of their cars).
We looked at Jag for the NCCA meetings, there was a couple of things against it:
the member base has a high concentration around the Northern & Western suburbs and it is was considered a bit of treck to Springvale for them.
You can't get a meal there
You have to pay to use it (Can't recall how much it was)

#5 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:59 PM

I agree you do have to "normally" pay to use The Jag Club. But we might be able to come to some sort of arrangement on that front. As far as meals go We have ordered Pizza's, had BBQ's and they do have a kitchen for cooking or heating food. So I would say it is still an option. I just get the feeling that the Zcar members might want more than just to meet up for a drink. I suppose that's why the guys thought having a car on display inside with the owner talking about it's mods etc might be more informative for some of those members who have Zeds in a Work In Progree state. I guess that is what this forum is for to throw around ideas and try and settle on a venue if there is enough interest.

#6 zedrally

zedrally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Location:3 weeks in the middle of the Indian Ocean the other in Melbourne

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:59 PM

The Mini Club (VMCC) has a social get together 4 times a year rotating around the outer suburbs. East, South, West, North, generally on a Friday night and always at a pizza restaurant.

Such a concept would be better placed for an informal bunch as it is/.....

Their monthly meetings (VMCC) are at the East Malvern RSL, however you need to book and pay for the privilige.
The HRA has just vacated the Caufield RSL for the EM RSL, no booking fee was payable....

What is the distribution of list members? Perhaps an indication of where everyone lives might be a good starting point.

1 here for South East 'burbs...

#7 Azon

Azon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:14 PM

The Mini Club (VMCC) has a social get together 4 times a year rotating around the outer suburbs. East, South, West, North, generally on a Friday night and always at a pizza restaurant.

Such a concept would be better placed for an informal bunch as it is/.....

Totally agree with you there. I am in Glen Waverley (Central East)

#8 Azman

Azman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:49 PM

essendon here but more than likely moving soon

#9 warrenz

warrenz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:41 PM

A good idea to start some sort of regular get togethers and events. I would be up for that.

Not sure a meeting in a restaurant would be effective as a startup. The Mini Club have a lot more gatherings and events for members to meet.

To get a better idea of the location of members around Melb a better idea would be to get everyone to update their profiles with a more meaningful location ie suburb, instead of just Melbourne or Australia.

Is CAMS affiliation required for track days and the like ? Is there any value in considering a "register" within NDSOC like the Prince Register ?

Warren

#10 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:55 PM

Wasn't NDSOC using the Jag club till recently? I know they use the Royal Aero Club at Moorabin airport now.

#11 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:54 AM

Yes the NDSOC have moved their meetings from the Jag Club contrary to many unhappy members. Cams membership & Track days might be jumping the gun since we aren't even a financial club. I would assume we would continue as we are and just piggy back off the NDSOC as far as those events are concerned. One thing at a time. We need to ensure we have enough members who are interested in meeting3-4 times a year. A rotation system like was previously suggested isn't a bad idea. I and in the Eastern Suburbs.

#12 zedrally

zedrally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Location:3 weeks in the middle of the Indian Ocean the other in Melbourne

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:57 AM

If you want to piggy back off another club then you would be better using the Nissan Car Club, they provide a diverse calender which includes other activities apart from track days (the biggest failure of the NDSOC IMHO).
Yes, there are other car related activities that you can do, Hill Climbs, Motorkhanas, Rallies, TRE'S, TA'S, Rallysprints etc all catered by the NCCA.

Your biggest problem in organising CAMS approved competitions will be manpower. IT takes an ENORMOUS amount of qualified people to get even the simplest activity going.
All events need qualified officials, even at Club Level CAMS require a grade 3 Licence level
At a time that many Car Clubs are questioning the benefit of CAMS affiliation can I suggest that you don't comtemplate it at this point in time.

Keep it simple, print up some flyers and pass them out @ the NDSOC Concours inviting prospective members to join the Register via this site prior to any informal meetings....

just my 2c

#13 dave_hl

dave_hl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:03 PM

im in mont albert (eastern suburbs)

#14 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:47 PM

i'm in doncaster, i updated my profile, i think it worked

pancake palour it is! lol

#15 van

van

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:47 PM

If you're in Doncaster, one of the little restaurants up in the row of shops next to were the Blockbuster used to be would be a good choice, depending on the week. Plenty of storefront parking there. :)

#16 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:47 PM

opposite the council stuff? if so i know where you mean.

i think the idea of different places each time is good, just book a resterant and all rock up. i dont know if i'd be able to come to everyone of them though due to other commitments (like how i havn't been to a cruise in awhile due to working on weekends)

#17 matt drago

matt drago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:33 PM

I'd be up for a get together every now and again. I've tried to get to a few that we have had already, but sometimes the alure of working on the car rather than talking about it is just too strong ;)

I don't mind where we have it as I like to drive. I'm situated in Rowville.

If we are thinking about organising events, etc, I'd be keen for non-track based ones. I'm not too keen on the idea of taking the car onto the track and undoing in a few mintues what took a few years to achieve (I've seen the way that I drive GT4 ;)). I'm more into cruising with a destination in mind, doing something, and then cruise back.

Lets try to keep this site informal for a bit more. Gav, I know that a long while ago you didn't want to put up a vehicle registry as the wa z registry had one, but maybe now would be a good idea to have an actual list of the vehicles that members have. Just an idea.

#18 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:39 PM

Warren, good idea re the suburb update, done. Moving locations means alot of continual fussing over the year to keep all happy, turns into a lot of planning and work.
At this point we are just looking at perhaps 3 to 4 meetings per year with dates fixed. I'm in Kensington but seeing it would only be 3 to 4 times a year I would be happy to drive anywhere in Melbourne metro burbs, most likely a week night!?
Well we have got a few location ideas above, anybody else got any further suggestions before we put them to a vote/poll?

Cheers
Sulio

#19 Gnr8ionx

Gnr8ionx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:40 PM

Well you can count me in as an attendee ! The my only problem is my Z isnt on the road yet... is that an issue ? :)

Ben

#20 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:33 PM

hehe...thats common with these old Z's Ben but this is another reason for these meets so people with projects on the go can see some finished cars and get some insperation and questions answered if needed!:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users