van

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:26 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

The hood's been modified to accommodate the new VQ35HR, lifted from the new G35. Not sure yet if I like the look of it, but if it's functional, whatcha gonna do? Remember that the S30Z had a bonnet bulge, so this is almost a homage to the classic Z ;)

The 2007 Nissan Lineup -

350Z Coupe and 350Z Roadster

The 2007 Nissan 350Z is scheduled to go on sale in January 2007. The changes for the new model year will include new exterior colors, a new gray colored convertible top (Roadster models), Active Head Restraints and performance enhancements including a new VQ35HR engine.

The 2007 350Z will again be available in Coupe and Roadster body styles and in an array of models ? five for the Coupe, including a Grand Touring model, and three for the Roadster (including the Grand Touring automatic transmission version).

Trim levels
Track model deleted

Mechanical
New VQ35HR DOHC 3.5-L V6
306 HP @7500 rpm (UPDATED - fax was fuzzy - sorry)
268 lb. of torque (UPDATED - fax was fuzzy - sorry)
new twin-intake system

Exterior Colors
Solar Orange (A53) replaces Interlagos Fire (L40)
San Marino Blue (BW5) replaces LeMans Sunset (A17)
Carbon Silver (K51) replaces Silverstone (WV2)
Gray soft top replaces blue soft top

Exterior
New hood design

Interior
Bluetooth hands free Phone System (std. on Touring and Grand Touring Coupe only)

2007 Z remains the true sports car that fuels the rebellious spirit with added power, enhanced performance and updated hood. 306 HP on all models, vehicle speed sensitive power steering, increased brake rotor size for non-Brembo brakes and 18" cast alloy wheels are standard features. The Grand Touring Coupe comes equipped with meaty 18" front and 19" rear RAYS super-lightweight 5-spoke forged alloy wheels.

2007 Z also remains a leader in technology and style - both inside and out. The interior includes an available Bluetooth Hands-free Phone system, Nissan Navigation System, MP3 CD capability for the Bose audio system, revised tachometer and knee pads.

Key exterior styling features such as standard bi-xenon headlights and LED rear brake lights further enhance the bumper, headlights and grille. Finally, a new hood to accomodate the new engine and three new colors are sure to make heads turn.

350Z Coupe
It all starts with a 306 HP, 268 lb. ft of torque, 3.5 liter V6 6 speed manual transmission, 18" aluminum wheels, HID bi-xenon headlights, automatic Temp control (ATC), Tire pressure monitoring system, CD audio system and heated outside mirrors.

Enthusiast (coupe/roadster)
Enhances Z's traction even more with traction control system (TCS), viscous limited-slip rear differential, aluminum pedals, illuminated steering wheel switches for cruise control and audio control, auto dimming rear view mirror and Homelink universal transceiver.

Touring (coupe/roadster)
Dials up the amenities with Bose audio system with in dash 6 cd changer, Bluetooth hands free phone system (coupe only), leather appointed heated power seats and Vehicle Dynamic Control (coupe manual transmission only)

Grand Touring (coupe/roadster)
Includes all Touring coupe equipment, plus: Vehical Dynamic Control (VDC), Brembo braking system, RAYS super lightweight 18" front and 19" rear forged alloy wheels, high performance tires, front chin spoiler, (coupe only), rear underbody diffusers and rear spoiler (coupe only)

Option Packages
Automatic Transmission (Coupe or Roadster - Enthusiast, Touring or Grand Touring)
Navigation System (Coupe or Roadster - Touring or Grand Touring)
Satellite Radio (XM or Sirius) (Coupe only - Touring or Grand Touring)
Side and Curtain Air Bags (Coupe only - 350Z, Enthusiast, Touring or Grand Touring)
Side Air bags (std. on Roadster)

#2 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:16 PM

yeah its kinda bmw'ish, i think its to wide, but atleast it's there for a purpose i guess, the orginal 350z hood looks more 240z to me, but more ugly too.

the hood on the z4 m is made by a rapid prototype mould similar to those nail things you put your hand in and it leaves the impression in it, pretty interesting stuff, bmw seem to b ahead of other companies regarding their moulds and precision. i heard chris bangle speak and he said that if the door moulds for the 5 series come together .01mm wrongly a huge dent line is formed, so i think it will be awhile before cheaper companies start copying lol

anyways thought i'd post a photoshop i did to waste time of a 350z with 240z proportions

Attached Thumbnails

• 631_.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users