'PeterN's' 260Z 2+2

C.A.R.

Most people who attended the Workshop day at my place would have noticed this 2+2 arrive mid morning:

PetesZed.jpg

Peter is a work colluge of my brother's & has been after a project car for a little while now, & after trawling the net, like so many, loved the styling of the Zeds.

He asked my Brother if he knew anyhing about them, to whit my little bro said: "Mate, my older Bro is a Zed nut! Just ask him!".

After a quick yack with me, Peter was on the hunt...

This particular 2+2 was on CarSales for months with very little interest & being close enough to home, all 3 of us went down one night to inspect it.

I gave the 'two thumbs up' & Pete laid down a deposit.

He picked it up a week later - the morning of the Workshop.

Pete then took it in for a RW inspection a week later - which it failed - but only for silly shiver that the numptys at Kmart Auto decided to pick on... ::)

(We'll be using another RW inspector now, BTW).

Anyway, a few new bushes, rubbers and hoses have been fitted, & I'm now just fixing up the minor rust in the rear 1/4 panel & spare wheel well.

Tankfully the horrible spotlights & front bumper have been removed, replaced with an original unit (Thanks Dimitri!).

27082010371.jpg

27082010369.jpg

Replaceing all the bushes & rubbers in the front end:

14082010360.jpg

More photos when the weather improves... >:(

Cheers guys :)

Well we are half way though the rust repairs. The RHS rear 1/4 was gone (outer & inner), so I hand formed some new panels & replaced them both.

21082010361.jpg

Inner panel welded into place:

22082010368.jpg

And the fiinished outer:

27082010374.jpg

27082010375.jpg

(About 4hrs hand beating the new rear outer replacement panel! :o)

Next up I found the spare wheel well was badly bodged with Fibre Glass around the bottom, so seeing as I have a good 'well' in the spare parts car I decided it was more econonically viable to unpick the old w/well & weld in the good 2nd hand one.

27082010372.jpg

So I set Peter to work & he drilled out the old w/well:

27082010373.jpg

Hopefully I'll get the new w/well welded in next week...

Stay tuned  ;)