#21 perrin_07

perrin_07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:30 AM

so all these oils can be found down at ur repco, autobarn etc? any chance of a poll of best oils? ive been in a few topics like this and alot of ppl have different opinions, and for me its confusing haha :P

#22 zed74

zed74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:55 AM

I am a fan of Penrite HPR30 - used it since 2004 with no issues! :)

Current tarmac rally engine was rebuilt in early 2006 & is still going strong (using Penrite HPR30)

NOTE: I do change the oil regularly (3 to 4 times a times a year) as the car is not regularly driven on road etc. mostly track work.

You may be surprised BUT the L series (when driven hard) do cause engine oil temperatures to rise significantly - so oil quality is critical.

I have never noticed the Penrite oil to smell "burnt" but change regularly as it is still a "mineral oil".

#23 nizm0zed

nizm0zed

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Tagline:260z coupe in slow build, Now with RB25DE powah!!

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:40 AM

I use Motul 300V 10W30 Ester base oil, but it aint cheap. $100 for 4L
I know (knew) the Motul rep quite well, i discussed the zinc requirement for older engines with him and he assures me that the ester base oil is a suitable alternative.

#24 Enzo

Enzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

Hi Guys,
          I also am using Penrite HPR 30. Where I live the summer temperatures are above 40 degrees and I want maximum protection. If I were living in a colder climate I would be using the HPR 15 (semi synthetic) if the engine was either rebuilt or in good condition. These are my thoughts for a street car.
Happy and safe Easter everyone.
David. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users