#21 zed240au

zed240au

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:21 PM

did you get it idling smooth with tune
Im sure you will have a ball with 350 hp when i put my car together i was having lot of fun with it running on 7 cylinders showed 247 hp on dyno (one plug shorted out to extractor) was very exciting when i fixed that and had 295 hp
cant wait to see what dyno shows now with cam cause it pulls so much harder now sam at c.o.m.e reckoned cam be good for extra 100hp at wheels
have great time on the track with car

mick

#22 tir33d

tir33d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:45 PM

That was me on the dyno.
Went to Wakefield today and managed a string of 1.11's. Will post a incar vid later.
Definitely need brakes, a power steer cooler, and need to cover up some holes in the firewall as my eyes are still sore from the fumes.
Was funny, I was thrown in with the Tin Top racers. All pro cars really and I held my own against all of them. My cheap little dato.....

#23 tir33d

tir33d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:51 AM

#24 tir33d

tir33d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

Had our hillclimb today, heres a bit of real noise. I took a mate with me and we double entered the car. That will explain why one run is controlled then the next is out there.
Had a great day, I think I love my Z.

#25 tir33d

tir33d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

I know its worthless without photos but, the exhaust has finally been redone to mamoth proportions. For some reason every exhaust shop I rang near where I live didn't want the job "oh that will be costly" - so what I know what I want.
Windsor exhaust in Sydney just finished today a set of custom 1 7/8 long tube primary to a race merge 4 into 1. Runs clean down the tunnel through dual 3 inch to a single muffler with dual 3 inch in and dual 3 inch out. Dumps just in front of the diff. The sound is tremendous. Prob a touch noisy but it is a track car only so not to worried. The drivers side proved to be the issue as before, but they basically made 4 individual pipes with unfortunately one longer pipe by about 3 inches due to space.
Really happy with the workmanship and the ground clearance. Price -- wait for it -- $2500. I knew it would be that much yet the local blokes still didn't want to have a go. Bunch of tossers.
Now in the next week or so we are going to re-do the fuel system so I am not pumping so much fuel so far, removing the large pump from the rear and installing a lift pump instead - feeding to the swirlpot which we are going to mount in the spare tyre area and enclose with prob a flute to atmosphere to prevent fuming in cab. Run some bigger lines up to the front and install a 92mm fast throttle body and fast manifold ($1200 second hand).
Then we are going to rebuild the cage to full CAM specs.
Running out of time as I know the cage will be time consuming this time (not the 3 or so hours from last time) I want it running for end of Feb as we have a double hillclimb at Bathurst SS's on Sat and Mountain straight on Sunday.
Oh how my wife luvs my hobby..............

#26 RB30X

RB30X

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:34 AM

Sweet Mary that will be loud. I reckon you'll notice a big improvement in power from your bigger system now as that last one was choking you. Need a vid to when you get time. Make sure you reset the engine computer before your next run so it relearns your new exhaust.

That manifold and throttle body will open up with that cam too. Nice price. Did I mention we need a video ;D

#27 tir33d

tir33d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

My mechanic will be with me on our next outing and we will log and adjust to suit. the Fast manifold will probably be the bigger change to the tune. the car sounds louder but that is probably due to the fact that the sound is bouncing straight back off the ground under the car. Was a shame to leave it with the mechanic as I probably would have found a road to have a squirt on. "Must be patient" I keep telling myself

#28 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:03 PM

Nearly went for an LSx in my 280ZX recently, I reckon they are the perfect all round motor for one. Good to see you out on the track with it, they handle far better than most people realise.

#29 tir33d

tir33d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:11 PM

THE NEXT STAGE OF MY DNA CONVERSION IS CURRENTLY HAPPENING.

Had a set of HSV brakes that I was hoping to adapt to suit, but unfortunately they are not going to work. Now it looks like we are going to use some parts from a HZ, 330mm rotors from a VY and calipers from a EA falcon. for the front, and we are hoping to adapt a VE rear brake set up onto the rear.
All parts have been mocked up and parts ordered today. By goin with my hybrid design we will elimate my 25mm spacer and still keep the same track width.
Nothing like leaving things till the last minute, see you in QLD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users