#1 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

Some of the Qld Z club guys are gonna attend/enter a one day sprint meet at Lakeside Raceway  on October 17th 2010 ( petrie /Kurwongbah area), and are looking to get as many Zeds together, if we can "fill" 20 positions the event organiser may give us runs all together, imagine that 20 zeds in a row belting around Lakeside, and hopefully all be garaged together.
PHOTO HEAVEN !!!
QR/AASA license ( clubman) reqd, can be purchased on the day, along with long clothing and a helmet, and basic car safety, fire extinguisher is a good idea etc.
reply here for further interest, and we ( z car club) will do a booking if we can gert 20 runners.
You do not have to be a member of any club or Z club to come out and have a play, but you are all welcome to join in the fun, even if your Z isn't a goer, bring out your daily runabout, heck they even get Hiunday Excels on the track ( eeewwww)

#2 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Tagline:Past member

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

I'm in :)

#3 mtopxsecret6

mtopxsecret6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:30 PM

oh man, i always miss out on the fun stuff.. need to get stuck back into the datsun. Not much coin to throw around now that i'm an apprentice.

#4 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:59 PM

the guys in Z club Qld only announced this a week ago, and already the starting list reads as below
Some of these guys ran at Bathursrt over Easter!
we are calling it  "LapZ at The Lake"
and will do a group booking of 20, and it looks like we may do a second group book of 20,  you get a full days sprinting, a carport to park your car.

Revised List and some added thoughts …
Maybe it might be an option to secure 2 group block bookings…. Even if we get 15 cars in each it will be cheap….. I think we can get 30 easy.

LapZ at the Lake 2010

Dustin Marshall
Cameron Lepp
Timothy Marshall
Rob Learmonth
John Cade
Greg Alderding
Jason Lea
Jason Lea Jnr
Chris Richards
Richard Greenup
Dave Healy
Richard Graham
David Robertson
Peter Hetherington
Stuart Elphinston
Aubry Hughes
Wilbur Graham
Neville Munt
Greg Hutley

That’s 19 booked in already

Plus maybes –

Mark (invited guest), Jason(invited guest), Robin Evens, Lea Faulkner, Chris Price, Jason Hassard, Mike McKelliget, Brett Kelly, Jon Siddins, Kim Ewart, David Gainer, Geoff Goodwin, Alan Croft and more….

-----------

If you know someone that would be interested please send them an email…. We cant confirm a price yet but it will be cheaper than track attack or QR prices.

Dusty

ZeeVeePee

#5 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

I know I'll get shot for this.......But bugger it put me down as well, I'll just have to change exhausts and throw more goop at the slicks to get one more event out of them.

#6 Zedback

Zedback

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Tagline:Mike

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:04 PM

I'm definitely interested.
Mike

#7 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:36 PM

Mike,
      You do realise we will miss a motorkhana on that day???

Jason,
      Do we need to do anything now? Or is the ball in your court?

Anyone know if this will be an RFZ event ;)

#8 Zedback

Zedback

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Tagline:Mike

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:37 PM

Mike,
      You do realise we will miss a motorkhana on that day???

CRAP!  ummm.... ummm.... it's a multiclub not a QMC, if there's a spot for me I'll go Lakeside with the Z's. 
What do we need, helmet and firextinguisher?  Anything else?

#9 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

UPDATE Guys
this is now definately a goer, We ( Z car Club Qld) are going to purchase two blocks ie; 40 car spaces ( 20 per block) for Sunday 17th october, we have 34 EOI's with 26 definates, and will no doubt fill the whole lot up very quickly.
There will be a block of up to 20 cars for the quick/experienced, and a block of up to 20 for the slower first timers/come and try etc.  Once all 40 are paid for and booked we cant accept anymore, A mob called "Track Attack" may have some slots in their two blocks on the day but you will be with allsorts of cars, like Hyundai excels !!!.

COST will be $130  for this you get entry to track, a carport to park your car, 4 or 5 sessions  on the track, eash session is 5 to 7 laps, and we will try to organise a  BBQ lunch ( snag/rissole  in bread)

For full details ( when we post it up) check out website    zcarclubqld dot org dot au.
To book in to this cantact:
Dustin Marshall Vice Pres on 0405 124 145
or email him on duz@tpg dot com dot au

All, yes ALL, are welcome, you dont need to be a member of Z club Qld to participate and there is no pressure.
What we are also going to try to do, is a lunchtime parade of all Zeds in close formation  on the track ( for particpants of the day only) for photo opportunity etc. Redcliffe Nissan is backing us with prizes and giveaways, and we will be doing a media promo to celebrate Zeds and the Zed Club Qld

#10 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:41 AM

Entry is on it's way, may even be needing a slot in each block for a guest driver!!!!

#11 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:01 PM

Might add that a track day at Lakeside normally costs $189 so obviously $110 with BBQ etc is a bargain, plus you will run with other Zeds. Importantly newbies will be running in their own group so no pressure and there are experienced drivers on hand to assist. All at no extra charge :)

If you want to see what all the fuss is about rock out to Lakeside this Sunday for a look, free spectator admission.

#12 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:11 PM

You / Dusty might like to consider a price for just the BBQ incase anyone turns up just for a look.........I hope the BBQ is not going to be me cooking my Zed :D

#13 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:32 PM

Well this is looking very popular, we now have 45 people wanting to do this, with 30 of these being Zeds, so we have now booked THREE goups of 20 ie 60 cars maximum we can take.
Price has been confirmed with the track operator, and yes you do get to occupy a carport, and have up to 5 track session for the day.
If interested and you havent yet put your name down with Dustin Marshall, get in QUICK see above for his contact deatils.

This is shaping up to be bigger than a Z nationals, and it was just a vague though and a "why dont we try this idea..... LapZ at The Lake !!"
and bingo 45 runners

#14 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:21 PM

I'd fly up if I was given a car to drive!

#15 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:54 AM

Why not drive up and gives your's a run, only 20 hours each way if you do it easy!!! And that's the long way......

#16 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:25 PM

Lakeside is for real drivers but if you are a newbie we will look after you :D

#17 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

If you fly up, I will let you drive my car.  (Note this is a bog standard Toyota Starlet)

#18 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

Lakeside is for real drivers but if you are a newbie we will look after you :D

Hahahahaha! Oh the irony! This comment coming from a bloke that's never run at P.I...

Looks like it's a full entry list anyway :(
Never mind - if it happens again next year I'll drive up :)

#19 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

Yep its all full up, with a reserve list :P Thats say 45 cars  :o And for the Victorians ;) Lakeside and PI are the two fastest tracks in AU, 200+kph though the kink gets your attention  :D

#20 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

Found out this morning my brother ran his Sandman around Lakeside in the late 70s…..I hope he took the surfboard off the roof and the mattress out of the back first.  ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users