• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Zeddophile

Zeddophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:54 PM

The seat I have rubs the door bar on the leg support and can't go all the way back because it hits the main hoop.

I'll find a pic and post

Hmmm.  Bugger.  Although, if its that close to the main hoop, is that going to cause an issue in getting it logged?  Seem to remember something about 150mm minimum distance between your head and the main hoop, although no CAMS manual on hand.

#22 Whittie

Whittie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:13 PM

Hmmm.  Bugger.  Although, if its that close to the main hoop, is that going to cause an issue in getting it logged?  Seem to remember something about 150mm minimum distance between your head and the main hoop, although no CAMS manual on hand.

Not sure about log book. But there is actually no where else to fit a cage and a seat, so we'll have to see what happens. Might modify the mount to get log book then put it back. The rear hoop sits BEHIND the seat, so you aren't going to hit that, and the bar along the roof is padded, so that is not an issue. Basically, to hit exposed hoop you'd have to snap the seat. In that case, hitting the hoop with your helmet is not #1 priority....

Cage:

Posted Image

You can see the clearance here sort of:

Posted Image

Note that the seat sits forward of the main hoop.

Maybe this is a slightly better photo?

Posted Image

Not home at the moment so I can't just duck out and take one.

**EDIT**

I think I found the seat I'm after. The suggestion of the Cobra seats got me looking and I found the Cobra Suzuka Pro. It's a Fiberglass/Kevlar frame instead of straight Fiberglass and is slightly smaller than the Sparco's.

$1200 from revolution racegear, or $750 +shipping from the UK

http://www.demon-twe...1761/4876/13330

#23 GV260

GV260

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Tagline:HS30 000408 Concourse Tarmac Rally Car

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

I've fitted Velo's (made is Adelaide) with a full cage with no issues. They are a great race seat.

#24 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

Sorry, I'll post up pics of my Velo's installed with a half cage and intrusion bars. I think i mentioned it a few days ago but everytime I get home it's too dark and cold!

#25 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

Eventually I did take a pic..here it is and hope it helps!

Attached Thumbnails

• 16742_62d0a5a8d736705f94dc421c91fa5a1dbc6db83e.jpg

#26 Whittie

Whittie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

Thanks Dimitri!

That certainly looks like a perfect fit. What model are those seats? I'm going to go and try a few next week with any luck.

Speaking of which, does anyone know of any stores in the Brisbane CBD area that sells race seats? I'll be there next week with time to spare but no transport other than busses.

#27 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

Not sure of the model; bought it from a shop that no longer exists about 12 years ago! It's a Velo wide version (if you see me you will understand) and the seat mounts are just your regular race seat mounts with the various holes for adjustment. Made by Steve Newing and sold by Revolution Racegear. Used some 8mm alloy plate bolted to the original chassis seat mounts without rails. Passenger seat is a Velo "Milano" that is FIA approved and from memory paid about $500ish ex demo?

#28 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

I was in at Revolution racegear the other day and they had a Sparco fixed back for $400ish that fits bigger guys (ie no submarining).  I am pretty tempted since my OBX Daytonas are falling apart with very little use and were not much cheaper...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users