Sign in to follow this  
mossy

Hatch hinge rubber?

The rubbers are not even noticable in the first picture, they hide right up in there and often have overspray on them. Next time i'm at Dales i'll take a picture of the hole it came out of.

I'll save you the trouble Scoot....

The first pic shows the cavity where the hinge fits in....the second pic shows how the boot fits (I've used one of the defective reject boots  :-[,

just out of the mould the other day, notice there's no bolt holes yet)....the third pic shows the boot reinforcer.... the forth pic shows the hinge

The boots keep water out

Pete

post-1958-14402358292_thumb.jpg

post-1958-144023582928_thumb.jpg

post-1958-144023583379_thumb.jpg

post-1958-144023583396_thumb.jpg

Gilltech....they definetely where a factory item....however most probably perished within 3 weeks of ownership  ::)

1984 I think I started so I know it works.

What Lap Times was it doing in 1984?

There's a vacuum in my head for attempting them in the first place Salty but there's no turning back now...I've tried 5 ways of pouring and pressure feeding is best so far

The bubbles I mentioned about before were really air locks that prevented the liquid from flowing fully throughout the whole mould cavity, I've overcome that problem

Trouble is there's limited time once the agents are mixed together, gotta get it into the mould as quickly as I can

Thanks mate - Pete

Pete if the forum had a perserverance award - you'd get the gong!

Sh*t hot!

PM sent - these are some of the only bits my car is missing (mine had small tears in them).

No worries Ben you'll have some new ones soon....better make this post the latest update about progress...the other mould is half finished, just need to keep going now till it's finished. It's taking longer than I thought but the worst of it is done...I'm anxious to get a pair fitted to my car as well

Pete

This weekend should see the second hinge mould almost complete, I've had other commitments that have slowed the progress down but we're nearly there. In case you might be wondering about the price, I'll be keeping them below the $50 mark, how far below depends on how many needles you stick in my effigy doll I know you'll have there

Pete

Group buy ?

I reckon we wait for Pete first as he's put a lot of effort in to do these for us, if he falls through though I'll be in for a set.

Yes it's not the first time that's happened to me, but I'm finishing the second mould today and testing it tomorrow. After that, I'll make 10 sets at a time and keep them on the shelf. I'm not changing the price for members, nothing like $99.95, I'm keeping mine below $50

Pete

What I meant was that in the past I've set up and made castings and rubbers no longer available, next thing the Yanks suddenly are making them, it pays to keep your mouth shut lol

Roadster parts in particular, can get em all in the US now

Pete

I will be waiting for Pete's set sending my funny money once converted to good Oz $$ to Pete :) Just PM me when a set is ready for this Kiwi ;)