kewl new way find topics and discussion on AUSZCAR Site

kobes

Not sure about the regular old hats but i find it somewhat difficult to use the in proram searc feature to find what i after and there is so much good info on here if you can find it.

So a mate of mine show me a trick with google. In google if you type

site:http://www.viczcar.com "**********"   

( and replace the ****** with the word you know, then it will display only topics on THIS forum with this word. )

FOR EXAMPLE i did

site:http://www.viczcar.com "compression" 

and it displayed all the previous post where people talked about com[pression and testing :)

Hope this helps and is not old news

And if it is old NEWS LURCH KNOWS WHAT TO DO :)

Yeah I have found the search function on this site somewhat.........crap.

Well hope this solution works for you.

On a better note, after the above mention search helped me identify it was just a head gasket problem, one trip to to auto store later and then 2 hrs chasing up my torque wrench all is fixed and she is now running like never before.

I forgot how much power i never hed!

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Not sure who the webmaster is of the website ( I do this for a living), but you could replace in the template the search box with the below code which put a google custom search on your site.

Same thing as everyone above has said, but changes your search on the site to use Google.

http://www.google.com/cse/

Also happy to help reducing the hosting costs, I see the monthly costs and that is a bit expensive.

<div id="cse" style="width: 100%;">Loading</div>

<script src="http://www.google.com/jsapi" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

google.load('search', '1', {language : 'en', style : google.loader.themes.V2_DEFAULT});

google.setOnLoadCallback(function() {

var customSearchOptions = {};  var customSearchControl = new google.search.CustomSearchControl(

'002381002229665502741:hqajjtlkpbi', customSearchOptions);

customSearchControl.setResultSetSize(google.search.Search.FILTERED_CSE_RESULTSET);

customSearchControl.draw('cse');

}, true);

</script>

• 3 months later...

Hi does anyone have recommendations about purchasing a 260Z car cover

Car is under a carport but this is not enclosed in total.

Should we go the custom cover as USA sells for this 260Z or in Aust the generic ?? thanks for any help vicrod

• 10 months later...

For Chrome users I use the following rapid shortcut so I don't need to type "site:viczcar.com" every time:

First, you'll want to copy the following slice of code:

{google:baseURL}search?{google:RLZ}{google:acceptedSuggestion}{google:originalQueryForSuggestion}sourceid=chrome&ie={inputEncoding}&q=site:viczcar.com %s

Then you want to right-click the Chrome search box and click on Edit Search Engines. Now scroll down and add the name of the site (viczcar.com), followed by a short keyword - I use the letter 'z'.

Now paste in the piece of code from above in the URL box.

Now go back to the browser, tap your keyword (e.g. z) followed by a space, and you'll see Chrome prepare to search just this site.