Sign in to follow this  
warrenz

Dellorto Differences

Hello

Been looking at a number of sets of triple 40mm Dellortos advertised on ebay recently. Some are DHLA F and others are DHLA G. They both come of Alfa GTV's so what is the difference between F's and G's.

Is it just a manufacturing batch or year or are they mechanical differences?

Warren

Is it just a manufacturing batch or year or are they mechanical differences?

If I remember correctly the 'F' and 'G' indicate, basically, progressive model versions. They're all DHLA 40mm, etc, but an 'F' version is earlier than a 'G' model and I believe there was a 'H' model as well. There are mechanical detail differences, but I couldn't tell you exactly what. It's best to use a matched set (ie all 'F' or all 'G', etc).

ahhhh - good memories. Nothing sounds quite like an Alfa sucking through a pair of dellortos.... I miss that car....

More to the point, I believe parts to rebuild them can be hard to come by - but that may just be to Alfa spec, I know I was told that the jets to suit Alfas are difficult to get.

I had dellortos on my 2l L series.

The guys who dynoed it, said that the parts where just as easy to get as they are for Webbers. (I had a discussion with them about whether I should change to webbers).

They did say to use a matching set though.