8 replies to this topic

#1 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:46 PM

A 2002-2003 Japanese Catalogue sent to me recently. This book was full of old Jap hot spec parts, I copied the Z gear below. I'm sure the prices would'nt have changed too much, maybe somebody can give us some translations on the comments!?
PART 1

Attached Thumbnails

• 89_.jpg

#2 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:51 PM

PART 2

Attached Thumbnails

• 90_.jpg

#3 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:00 AM

check out that adjustable rear arm, and the coil over suspension... and also that full exhaust, exactly the type i want, that exhaust, BRE style..

serously youd be able to find this stuff in japan reasonably cheap, compared to aus prices, of course... i've talked to a parts guy who got me parts for my old S13 silvia, and he said hed be able to find me S30 parts no problem as its a common classic performance car over there so theres still plenty of parts for them etc.... just waiting for him to tell me when he is going back there to fill a container... etc

#4 zr240

zr240

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:21 AM

That stuff is soo good

dont you wish you could get all those bits here easy!

ash

#5 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 05:32 PM

5 peice G-nose looks interesting.

#6 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,398 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:24 PM

Found this link http://home.att.ne.j...ladyZ/index.htm I believe member Alan T from Classiczcars known as HS30-H provided it. They might be the people who the owners of genuine Zg's go to for repairs to their Gnose because apparently this guy makes very good replica's as good as Nissan oem items but the price works out to $6000+ for the full ZG kit.

Still I'd love to do it. :twisted:

Also I have to confirm if this is the place that do the good replica's I'm not 100% sure.

#7 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:59 PM

$6000. Man the things I could do with my car if I had a spare 6 grand to blow on it at the moment. Not sure if I'd go with the G-nose but definately the flares and some wats, coilovers, half cage brake upgrade, hmmm...6 grand does'nt go far hey!? have'nt even started on the motor :?

#8 NR240

NR240

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:50 PM

A G nose replica kit cost $1500 direct from the manufacturer about 7 years ago. That included the bonnet, nose cones, and guards in fibreglass. The company was located in Dandenong and was called Alfa Fibreglass. They have since moved and I am not sure if they still exist.

#9 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,398 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:29 AM

I think $6000 might be a little extreme it was a quick number off the top of my head.
However the nose piece without the light covers is about $3500 AUD then you have the light covers god knows what they cost these days I would guess around $1000. The custom hinges you need I've seen on Ebay around $200 - $300.
You've got the flares maybe $1500 then you still have to ship it here.

However from the Gnose's I've seen in Australia I wouldn't bother with them you really need the 5 piece kit as it flows with the correct lines of the car the cheaper ones don't as they are only a 3 piece design and often inferior quality. Apparently the OEM Gnose was made with alot of care and thought and alot of these copies are just a quick mold taken from who knows what template.

Just some things I thought I should mention. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users